Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Biiiiiiiig Ship!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:06 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I thought about that, but I think the "gold" part of the sticker is shiny/glossy, couldn't really replicate that very well, but overall that might be the best option, kind of in the middle so to speak. Thanks for the input!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Kaminoan sells your classic sticker design here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Oooh, thanks! That looks like the best option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

As a fellow S. H. I. iP. (Seriuosly Huge Investment in Parts) builder this is coming together very nicely. I can't wait to see it finished.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Starting to build the two engine rooms for each of the nacelles. The section to the right (front of the ship) is going to be a storage area. Need another 20 or so dark tan 2x2 tiles to finish that area though.

I'm not entirely finished with the controls for the warp core either. I'll probably use some stickers for the blank parts there.

Also the core is sorta "floating" in the middle right now, attached at the far left. I want to build something to the right of it though, between it and the octagonal canopy/windshield end section.

Switching from 1x1 tiles to 2x2 tiles was a much better idea, they don't look all out of alignment like the former. Slightly more expensive though in that I have to buy a bunch of 2x2 tiles with pegs in the middle (so minifigures can be positioned as well as other "props" and such).

The all black Cosmic Fleet Voyager is nearly complete, I'm just waiting for three more slanted/angled windows:

I may have screwed up though, cause the text with that says they have a "bottom panel" and the big picture looks like this:

Might need to do another order to get the right ones. I'm sure the post lady will be thrilled (I've done like 50 orders in the past week or so). o_O

And I'm also waiting on four more trans-blue windshields for them (got plenty of black ones already):

I'm also waiting for a couple of these:

Kind of weird in that I don't have any in black...wondering if maybe I just misplaced them.

Yesterday I finally got these, came from overseas so it took a long while for them to get here:

They're in pretty awesome shape too, considering they all came from the 1983 Galaxy Commander set, which makes them nearly 30 years old! O_o

Legos were certainly designed to last if you take good care of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Futurish sciencey stoofs! :D

There's going to be a science lab on the ship, so I figured I'd make some sciencey hooha for it. :3

The scanning bit is actually supposed to be a headlamp from a large Technic vehicle, but I have..."repurposed" it so to speak. :)

I'll probably use black on the bottom of it, instead of the light gray and it also needs a stand of some kind.

This is like a futurish microscope! The silver panel on the right will actually have some controls/screens on it, from one of my sticker sheets.

It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but the two black eye pieces together like that look just like a real modern microscope.

I'm not entirely set on the colors, I'll probably try to make both of these all silver if I can...although metallic colored pieces can be pricey and not that huge of a selection either.

--EDIT--
I might use red and blue light bits instead of the green and blue, sort of a subtle implication that it's a "3D" microscope or maybe call it a nanoscope. :3

--EDIT 2--
Mmmm, also forgot to mention, in the first one, the two side beams aren't actually supposed to touch the sample/specimen, rather they create a kind of gravity bubble around it, holding it in mid-air. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Ooooo those are cool!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Yay, the front end is finished! It's a black and trans blue version of the original Cosmic Fleet Voayger:

Here's some more pictures:

It's pretty well identical to the original, only had to make a few minor adjustments. Like on the top back I needed 4x10 trans blue plates, but they've only ever made 4x8 ones, so I had to use those and then just use a solid color 2x8 plate on the end. The original computer tiles and slopes obviously don't come in black, so I had to use different ones. And there was no decorated bricks with a left facing arrow, so I used downward facing ones. It is still missing the space logo bricks, gonna buy some stickers for that.

The only other major difference is that there are no black outward sloping window pieces, but there ~are~ sloped window pieces and if you stack one on top of the other, the bottom reversed in direction, tada, you get the exact same effect, size and everything. Nifty!

This was a lot of fun to build, as such I also started buying to the parts to build a white and trans light blue version, as well as a gray and trans green version! Should be fun! :D

I'm also buying all the parts I need to make a black one of these, which should look pretty cool:

It's fun rebuilding old models in different color schemes. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2