Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Newbie min fig builder!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 am 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Hi All

I've come back to lego after a 20 year absence. I rediscovered the joy of building after my 8 year old nephew became hooked on the new series minifigs.

I was delighted to stumble across the brick forge when I was looking to get some accessories for the minifigs I was building for my nephew. Since then I think I'm more excited about the lego than him!

I've been putting together figures from movies but as my actual collection of bricks is limited I'm finding it difficult to build dioramas.

So far I've done basic figure builds of Ateam, Arnie's team in the Predator and Monkey but nothing I'm sure that hasn't been done bigger or better before. I'll post pics if people are interested later - I'm hoping to get some more bricks in to build out some scenery to go with. I guess everyone has to start somewhere!!

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place - haven't really done forums since about 1999!

Glad to be aboard and looking forward to seeing you guys more elaborate creations!

Vinny

aka

Strawdog

Post subject: Re: Newbie min fig builder!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Welcome to the forums. Great to see someone return to the hobby after so many years. The leaps and bounds in the progress our hobby has made in the past 20 yrs is amazing. BrickForge is a huge part of the customizing scene, so you came to the right place. I don't hesitate to say we have the best selection of custom products out there. If you are looking for additional official pieces, let me introduce you to Bricklink. Be warned though. It can be addictive and burn holes in your wallet ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Thanks for the welcomes spent over 100 bucks in my first visit - I still missed stuff off as soon as your berets get restocked and some of the pauldrons come back in I'll be opening the wallet again!

Check my stuffz out on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strawdog316/

Add me as a contact please!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Welcome. I can't wait to see your creations! BrickForge really is the best around when it comes to quality and community. If you haven't been to Brickarms be sure to check the out too. They make some great pieces as well.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]