Change font size
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 5 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: El 47th meaningless thread de Brickforge
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Nice. I'm gonna change my avatar too. I got a great idea for one on the way home. Hopefully there's a picture on the internet close enough to my idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

The Slayer Of Light wrote:
Green Lantern ftw.

I hope to get a Blackest Night Hal Jordan figure tomorrow when I go to pick up some of the comic series I'm following.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I've never read very many comics. I've always been to busy reading novels or playing video games. Or being at school. Now I can't really get into them. Especially since you have to buy like 10 issues to finish a minor story arc. Plus there's not a comic book store within miles of me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
I've never read very many comics. I've always been to busy reading novels or playing video games. Or being at school. Now I can't really get into them. Especially since you have to buy like 10 issues to finish a minor story arc. Plus there's not a comic book store within miles of me.

New 52 will let you get into some characters. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) the Green Lantern stories didn't re set...they're still carrying over from War of the Green Lanterns.
But if you go to the DC Database wiki and read up on characters you'll be fine. That's how I read the Green Lantern stories up until War of the Green Lanterns. I want to read Blackest Night and Brightest Day though...but all the side stories intimidated me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

It's not that I get lost, it's that I don't find them nearly as enjoyable as other mediums. I was never into superheroes either, even when I was little kid.

God. I'm so frustratingly bored. I've played every video game I have to death. I'm considering re-downloading Oblivion on my Xbox. The problem is I don't know if I'll be able to play it for more than 5 minutes. Knowing that Skyrim is out and it's way better than Oblivion, and having played Oblivion for at least 200 total hours makes me apprehensive about downloading. Plus I only have 19 gigs on my 360 harddrive and Oblivion takes 6 gigs. Yeah. I don't know what to do. I suppose I could clean my room. I did find a maggot in there the other day. Yeah. I should probably clean my room. I think I have to before we get a new computer also. Of course even once I do clean my room it will be a month or two before we get the computer. Ugh. I hate being bored.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:58 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:
I suppose I could clean my room. I did find a maggot in there the other day. Yeah. I should probably clean my room.

@,@

I think you should clean your room. ;)

Anywho, comics are awesome. I have quite a few. I love Cap'n America.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

My boredom is slowly turning into anger. A lot of anger and frustration.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Go quest. Forget Skyrim. Help me turn Earth into Tamriel in real life, instead :9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

This has less to do with Skyrim and more to do with severe period of depression I go through about every 3 months. On the surface I'm disappointed that I can't play Skyrim, but it really has to do with me being disappointed about how my life is playing out and that my mind won't allow me to imagine anything but sorrow in my future even though things somewhat normally for me. Ugh. I hate this. I have no reason to be depressed, but when things start to go well my brain decides it's time to smash my hopes and dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
My boredom is slowly turning into anger. A lot of anger and frustration.

Macleodman2 of Brick Forge. There is much rage in you. Welcome to the Red Lantern Corps.

is that how it goes? I never read the red lantern comics.

macleodman2 wrote:
This has less to do with Skyrim and more to do with severe period of depression I go through about every 3 months. On the surface I'm disappointed that I can't play Skyrim, but it really has to do with me being disappointed about how my life is playing out and that my mind won't allow me to imagine anything but sorrow in my future even though things somewhat normally for me. Ugh. I hate this. I have no reason to be depressed, but when things start to go well my brain decides it's time to smash my hopes and dreams.

I go through depression frequently as well. More often when things are bad, but I have this "depressed cause your brain decided it's too good" sometimes too.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 5 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 100  Next