Change font size
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Dark Ages Prevention Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So, yeah, I'm coming out of my shell/closet and confessing: I'm gripped by a dark age, in all its foulness. I keep getting distracted by other things, whether they're writing or video games or whatever. Of course, though, I'm not about to give up! A strong dose of creativity needs to be injected into my brain. So, anyone got ideas how to prevent dark ages? What I mean is, don't just say "build a castle, build a car, etc," but post real ideas about techniques, etc. I guess what I mean is specific ideas for preventing becoming an old loser. :9 I'm sure others will also benefit from this thread.

-Napo

Post subject: Re: Dark Ages Prevention Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

The Dark Ages are about as avoidable/preventable as the Bubonic plague was in Medieval times. And are you calling me and many others on here have become 'old losers'? :9

On a different note, I found the wording of this sentance to be absolutely hilarious, considering you meant it in a totally different context:
Napoleon wrote:
So, yeah, I'm coming out of my closet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

The Slayer Of Light wrote:

On a different note, I found the wording of this sentance to be absolutely hilarious, considering you meant it in a totally different context:
Napoleon wrote:
So, yeah, I'm coming out of my closet

Very funny. It is to laugh. ;9

The Dark Ages are about as avoidable/preventable as the Bubonic plague was in Medieval times. And are you calling me and many others on here have become 'old losers'? :9

Terrific. Wow, I'm in trouble. And no, or at least, you haven't chased me off your lawn yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:09 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:

Terrific. Wow, I'm in trouble. And no, or at least, you haven't chased me off your lawn yet.

That's because you haven't come onto it yet. For when you do...

But on topic, try a LEGO comic. Use your writing interests, and build along to it. It keeps you busy, makes many in the community eager to read/see the comics, and keeps you interested in your own project. I would've done this, but my dark age came from not having enough pieces to be able to make non-rainbow creations. You said your's is the lack of creativity, and this should be a good fix.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

But on topic, try a LEGO comic. Use your writing interests, and build along to it. It keeps you busy, makes many in the community eager to read/see the comics, and keeps you interested in your own project. I would've done this, but my dark age came from not having enough pieces to be able to make non-rainbow creations. You said your's is the lack of creativity, and this should be a good fix.

I did a couple comics before... I say, by jove, you may have just solved my problem! :D Thanks a lot, I'll start working on it. Maybe turn my Swashbuckle story into a comic... That could work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Great idea TSol!

IMO: Lego Builds and Customs are feed by two things:
1. I like to create items that reflect some of my favorite things, which I have a list that is always adapting.
2. Being a major creative sort, I've transferred that creativity into my Lego customs and builds (which would coincide with TSol's suggestion), so my creations take more effort and have grown in their reward/satisfaction in making, which makes it more fun to do ...

Don't know if that helps or not. You can create your story characters, their settings (which can aid you in thinking through what you write and how it could play out).
History: Movies: Books: Sci-Fi: Adventures (places you'd like to go) ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Thanks, MC! You've made me even more determined. Now that I think about it, Piknik has resizable speech and thought bubbles, along with text. That should make it quite easy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Sweet, I've found that Lego is an extension of my ideas and the things I'm working on. Lol, I'm even toying with the idea of making customs of my daught's book characters ... just to see the look on her face. It would be priceless, lol.
(I offered to draw them in lego form and she infatically told me NO!, lol)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

minfigCharmed wrote:
(I offered to draw them in lego form and she infatically told me NO!, lol)

Haha! Yeah, not everybody understands us people and our obsession, I suppose. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Lol, indeed, especially at my age!
It's hilarious how many people really give me the "what's wrong with you" look when they learn about my hobby, lol. Most ladies my age are knitting and sewing things for their grandchildren ... me, I'm dreaming of sweet builds to give them to play with!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next