Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: City Island Keep, Harrisburg PA, 2111 AD
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Yeah, I agree with you, but it seems that even though the flame wars over the issue on rec.toys.lego have long since died, the nicknames stuck...

BTW, here's the pop-culture references in the naming of some of the characters:

President John "Redbeard" Stevenson: Old-school Captain Redbeard from the original pirates line, and one of the few minifigs my brother and I agreed was cool enough as-is, one of the few figs I kept when I gave away most of my LEGOs during my first Dark Age.

General Gandalf: Gandalf from Lord of the Rings (for those who've been living under a rock for the past 10 years), and one of the few figures I kept when I gave away almost all my LEGOs during my first dark age (which is represented by the Final War in my Lego scenario), My sigfig is the only other survivor of the first dark age, although I did get a number of the sets I gave away back when my one friend decided he didn't like LEGOs anymore and told me I could take them back after I came out of my dark age.

Admiral James Hook: Captain Hook from Peter Pan... My brother and I found him much more cool and likable than the purported "hero" of that story....

General Gordon Freeman: Dr. Gordon Freeman from the Half-life series and world's toughest theoretical physicist.

General Clare: Clare, the main character of the Claymore manga, one total butt-kicking warrior maiden.

There are plenty more, but those will be revealed with future installments... My brother and I were big fans of crossover fic way before we even knew what it was called or the internet existed, so we had plenty of characters from other settings, mainly Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, though....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2