Change font size
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: We, the Survivors: Broken America
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

We, the Survivors: Broken America follows the exploits of survivors Steve O'Brian, Lindy Flynn, Joe Pesky, Jake McGraw, a mysterious unnamed child and several others as they traverse the ruined streets and cities of the United States after a worldwide disaster known as "The Beginning of the End." Haunted by blood-curdling screeches and horrible chanting from hills and valleys, they search for other survivors in hopes of forming a survival village.

The story is written in a daily log format, the writer of which is Steve O'Brian, the protagonist and leader of the group. It begins on the 286th day after the mysterious "Apocalypse," when Steve and "the boy" have just crossed the border into what used to be Eastern Nevada. What follows is a gruelling and gripping tale of survival in a broken world, and the joys, sorrows, terrors, excitements, adventures and all-around intensity that are included.

And now, dive into a chilling picture of what the world will one day be.

We, the Survivors: Broken America

We, the Survivors is frequently updated, and you can find all the info and updates you need on its Facebook page. If I get enough fans, I might just try and get it published when it's finished. But for now it's free to read, so digg in. :)

There was a thread for this somewhere, but I've changed the format and the title of the series so I thought (for the sake of tidiness) I'd make a new one.

Questions, comments, gripes, complaints and silly suggestions are always welcome! Feel free to comment.

As always, read up and rock on! \m/
~David (Oreo)

Post subject: Re: We, the Survivors: Broken America
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Fbooked it. :) Keep it up, man! I might like this better than Brichstopia, really.

EDIT: In 402, you refer to God a lot, but "he" isn't capitalized. I dunno if I do something old fashioned, but I always capitalize it. You know, like, for example: "He protects Lindy and Joe and even Jake."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
EDIT: In 402, you refer to God a lot, but "he" isn't capitalized. I dunno if I do something old fashioned, but I always capitalize it. You know, like, for example: "He protects Lindy and Joe and even Jake."

...are you telling Oreo to do likewise or are you just making a random comment on how you yourself write? I don't even capitalize god...

Looks good from what I've read, Oreo. Post apoc is not really my thing, but it's well written.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

...are you telling Oreo to do likewise or are you just making a random comment on how you yourself write?

Neither, I'm just asking if it was intentional. And seriously, I don't wanna hear your unnecessary-to-mention opinion on religion. I'm asking a grammatical question.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:17 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
And seriously, I don't wanna hear your unnecessary-to-mention opinion on religion. I'm asking a grammatical question.

Nor I yours, hence my reaction. But, grammatical comment to grammatical comment (you never asked a question in your post, just made a statement), I still don't capitalize god. Why do you take that as a religious comment?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
And seriously, I don't wanna hear your unnecessary-to-mention opinion on religion. I'm asking a grammatical question.

Nor I yours, hence my reaction. But, grammatical comment to grammatical comment (you never asked a question in your post, just made a statement), I still don't capitalize god. Why do you take that as a religious comment?

Because it seemed inflammatory. Even atheists have capitalized God and Him, so I was just asking Oreo, even if I didn't use a ? mark.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Nope, no inflammation; just grammatical quirks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Nope, no inflammation; just grammatical quirks.

Ok then, I'm cool.

Back on topic: I'm suspicious that Joe is gonna come back as an It...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Girls, girls, you're both pretty! Can I go home now?

Not really sure where you were going with that question (if indeed it was a question :? ), but I guess I didn't really feel the need to capitalize "him" "he" etc. Not trying to be disrespectful, but, IMO, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. So I dunno. What have you, sir. :9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:41 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
Girls, girls, you're both pretty! Can I go home now?

*tries to think of something witty but fails* :9

Oreo wrote:
GI guess I didn't really feel the need to capitalize "him" "he" etc. Not trying to be disrespectful, but, IMO, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. So I dunno. What have you, sir. :9

Oh, ok. That's fine.

Now write more immediately! :9

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next