Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:59 pm
Posts: 44
Uhm, joshuaj, you do understand that LEGO has sued many times in many countries claiming to "own" the idea of plastic construction bricks of a particular size and shape?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:36 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
tedward wrote:
Uhm, joshuaj, you do understand that LEGO has sued many times in many countries claiming to "own" the idea of plastic construction bricks of a particular size and shape?

While this is true in Europe, Lego really can't do much everywhere else considering the patent for the brick expired for them long time ago. Why do you think you're seeing brands like K'nex with so much free reign with the brick?

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Omicron wrote:
tedward wrote:
Uhm, joshuaj, you do understand that LEGO has sued many times in many countries claiming to "own" the idea of plastic construction bricks of a particular size and shape?

While this is true in Europe, Lego really can't do much everywhere else considering the patent for the brick expired for them long time ago. Why do you think you're seeing brands like K'nex with so much free reign with the brick?

-Omi


How come they never renewed it? They could've done that, right?

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:12 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
Napoleon wrote:
Omicron wrote:
tedward wrote:
Uhm, joshuaj, you do understand that LEGO has sued many times in many countries claiming to "own" the idea of plastic construction bricks of a particular size and shape?

While this is true in Europe, Lego really can't do much everywhere else considering the patent for the brick expired for them long time ago. Why do you think you're seeing brands like K'nex with so much free reign with the brick?

-Omi


How come they never renewed it? They could've done that, right?

They tried, but kinda hard to when you got other companies now doing what you do.

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Wow, complicated. Still, I wish they'd get the best lawyers and such, and shut down the... other brands. With their money, you'd think they could do it. Shame.

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
Napoleon wrote:
Wow, complicated. Still, I wish they'd get the best lawyers and such, and shut down the... other brands. With their money, you'd think they could do it. Shame.

But without competition, how can people rate your product? :P

Mega Bloks and Hasbro aren't harming anyone. ;)

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Omicron wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Wow, complicated. Still, I wish they'd get the best lawyers and such, and shut down the... other brands. With their money, you'd think they could do it. Shame.

But without competition, how can people rate your product? :P

Mega Bloks and Hasbro aren't harming anyone. ;)

-Omi


Ah, well, that's a good, valid point. I guess I should have thought of that. Lol. :9

MB is taking business away from TLG, though...

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:00 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
Napoleon wrote:
MB is taking business away from TLG, though...

While this is true, this should give Lego the edge they need to step up their game. When someone kicks your ass, you gotta kick back. :P

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 1471
Location: holland, michigan
The makes of MB must also feed their families, and TLG is merciful. Only Enlighten and their ilk deserve to be hunted down by justice. :9

_________________
...and that's how Equestria was made!
flickr | teller's tales


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro's at it again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:47 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Shadow Viking wrote:
Only Enlighten and their ilk deserve to be hunted down by justice. :9


Yeah, ya have a point, both of you. I guess I'm just too full of blind hate after being stuck with clone brands when I was little that I want to go all "Hannibal Lecter" on them. X)

And yes, no matter where you stand, Enlighten most definitely should be hunted down.

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net