Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Super-Powers Effects Accessories
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:21 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

With the advent of the current super-hero films in the Avengers, Captain America and X-men franchises respectively, how about some 'accessories' that represent super-powers ?

Best explained as say a Storm mini-fig holding-projecting a lightning bolt or a flying Iron-Man having flames issuing from under his boot-soles.

-The flame effect could work great too with any mini-fig wearing a jet-pack, rocket-pack or launched missile weapon.

Effect accessories could be expanded to have a Magneto mini-fig with a transparent bubble to display his 'invisible' magnetic shield, said item could work for a wizard mini-fig with a 'sphere of protection' spell in place.

-Various shapes of transparent 'shields' could be handy for either super-heroes or magical mini-figs that project-employ such, The Invisible Girl. Her trademark 'walking on air' trick could be done with small round translucent circles as said supports.

Also some non-powered effects might be a flame for flame-throwers or other incendiary-based weapons.

Mind that specifically designed bases could allow special effects accessories to represent walls of fire or walls of ice, even lightning barriers to follow suit.

Post subject: Re: Super-Powers Effects Accessories
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Doesn't a lot of this exist already, though? :?

LEGO already makes two different flame/fire pieces that would work for fire projection/jet exhaust. BrickForge already has trans-color versions of most of their shields for different effects.

(I know I grab tons of trans-green stuff whenever its on sale to use with the inevitable Green Lantern minifig)

:?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:29 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

So, there's already Lego helms in the style of medieval Norman Infantry, didn't keep BF from creating a couple helmets with nose-guards. ;)

I'd like to see some single-bolt lighting pieces that could be gasped at the middle, like something Zeus would toss down from Olympus, for mythical deities and warriors, and speedsters like the Flash.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:54 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

What more I'm meaning is stand-alone pieces to represent super-powers or magical effects.

Perhaps 'mini-bases' 1/3 smaller than a square or round plate that might support a mini-fig, in that fashion one could create a wall of flame (or ice) in different arcs or lengths.

Also why not a 'geyser' of flame or ice that might support a mini-fig as if standing upon a pillar of said effects ?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]