Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Megaman-based elements.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Howdy, y'all.
With LEGO doing both DC and Marvel superheroes, I decided that the one hero I want to represent my Lego(-land) Town... is Megaman (Rockman).

Though some people are skilled with painting boots, I don't plan on reaching that level of detail. The Megaman figure I currently threw together has his helmet, hands, and waist in one color (currently Dark Blue), and his torso, arms , and legs in the lighter color (currently Medium Blue). All I want is his helmet and an Arm Cannon that can slide onto/into his wrist socket like a "hand".
Here's an image of his helmet for reference. Note the Exclamation Point ("!") style ridge on his helmet as well as the earpieces. His arm cannon/Mega Buster is known to have an indented energy bar (the number of segments on the bar varies from illustration-to-illustration). The arm cannon should terminate with a hollow stud. This way, a 1x1 cone could be swapped out with either BrickForge's Pulse Ray, or a Lego flame element.

As for the colors I want these pieces in, I'd prefer his default ("P") colors be Dark Azure (the color of the A.D.U. guys from the Alien Invasion series) with blue helmet and arm cannon. I tried to limit myself, but found 10 Lego colors I'd like these pieces in (and make no mistake, I'd want a pair in each color):
  • Blue
  • Dark Blue
  • Red (the right color for Magnet Missiles and Atomic Fire)
  • Green (perfect for the Woodman's Leaf Shield, Rain Flush, and Bombman's Bomb.)
  • Orange (who didn't like the Pharaoh Shot and Crash Bombs?)
  • Magenta (because Quick Boomerang in pink is just plain wrong! Also good for Gravity Hold)
  • Dark Gray (dull? yes, but the weapons that won most of the NES games -- Elec Beam, Bubble Lead, Dust Cruncher -- were this color.)
  • Dark Purple(both versions of the Time Stopper use this color, as does Noise Crush.)
  • Dark Azure (for my favorite, the Gemini Laser! and also the Skull Shield)
  • Brown or Reddish Brown (though regular Brown would best suit the Metal Blade, the reddish tint looks great on Guts Power.)
Bold indicates which colors I'd want most.
These 2 elements would be best left unpainted (so that customers can decide which 2-color weapon color works best for them.

If I had to ask for more, I'd want a Magnet Missile in red, a Hard Knuckle (read: big boxing glove) in dark blue, and a boomerang in yellow (and that bright light yellow).

Let me know what y'all think.
-- Cybertronian. B)

Post subject: Re: Megaman-based elements.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

<v> I second this I think this could work <v> on many other levels as well
terminator
alien Conquest
DBZ
space Police series
space in general
future based
invasion based
Star wars series works great with droids
vehicals like ships & mecha units and stuff
this can work for many thingsI see great potential for this one honestly
give me a red and blue one and I'll make a mega mega for myself also I support this!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

It's pretty cool, But i'd rather have Samus aran based elements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

(I could have sworn I'd seen the last comment before.)
Samus Aran could use the same Arm Cannon, molded in Lego's grayish Dark Green. :D Moreover, no problems switching her over to Missiles. (Just make a SNES-style missile out of a 1x1 round brick with fins, trans. red 1x1 round plate, and a 1x1 cone brick and attach it to the studded end. For the Super Missile, make any changes you deem necessary and swap out the translucent red for translucent neon-green)

Until someone makes her helmet to go with it, I've been using that pink Astronaut girl figure as a substitute. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Bump. (Because I really want to see this one come to life.)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]