Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Hockey Sticks?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

BF should make hockey sticks for minifigs. Maybe there could also be other sports equipment like goalie masks and football helmets. Anybody agree?

Post subject: Re: Hockey Sticks?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:25 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Hello and welcome to the forums. We changed our forums last month, otherwise I could direct you to the post where I literally flipped out about Lego's collectible hockey minifig disaster. X? There are a few fans on this site that want to see BF do not only hockey sticks, but a variety of sports equipment. Me being a huge hockey fan, I have been pushing for hockey equipment since day one ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a big hockey fan aswell. I was also frustrated with Lego after they released the NBA sets with collectible figures of the real NBA players, but no real NHL player minifigs. They mainly focused on the Bionicle-type figures and left the minifigs in the ditch. I've recently been working on NHL team uniforms with minifig part, so far I have the Blackhawks and the Rangers, but I have to actually hockey stick pieces. I'm guessing since Minifigures Series 3 will include a Hockey Player it will also include a stick, but it would cost a fortune to supply one minifig team with those, let alone a league.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Yes, and especially goalie masks and sticks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Cool. I'll have to re-post some of my former hockey creations. I stayed away from making official teams because of my intense dislike for some of them. So instead, I made about 10 or 12 teams up. Lego has no acceptable helmet let alone a goalie mask, and using HP brooms only goes so far. Once I get more time, I'll be sure to post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

I've been working on and off on an acceptable goalie mask, I think I'll post my work so far and get some suggestions... I'm stuck on custom making a full-face visor, like the Knights Kingdoms ones.

I think the 'pilot' helmets (that's what I call them anyway, the ones that generally come in brown) are okay for player helmets, they just lack color choices.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

What NHL teams to you intensly dislike? It's Detroit and New Jersey for me. Vancouver and nashville are clsoe behind.

Pilot helmets and exetreme sports shell helmets(I call them Mark 2's because they look like spec ops helmets) work, although there's no clips for a visor of the Mark 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I don't want to get off topic or make anyone feel like bad because I don't like their team, so all I'll say is I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and the Tampa Bay Lightning ane my 2nd favorite. I think if BF make hockey sticks, they would look considerably better than the HP brooms I use, or the ones I have seen pics of for the minifig 4 series. Rarely do you see a white stick, and if I remember right, they have a grip on theirs that is similar to the baseball bat they did. It just doesn't look right. Don't get me started on the helmet and mask.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 am 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Quickblade wrote:
I don't want to get off topic or make anyone feel like bad because I don't like their team, so all I'll say is I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and the Tampa Bay Lightning ane my 2nd favorite. I think if BF make hockey sticks, they would look considerably better than the HP brooms I use, or the ones I have seen pics of for the minifig 4 series. Rarely do you see a white stick, and if I remember right, they have a grip on theirs that is similar to the baseball bat they did. It just doesn't look right. Don't get me started on the helmet and mask.

Aw...scratch my back with a hacksaw!!!
LET'S GO PENS!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:03 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

The helmet looks more like a football cage, but the skates are pretty cool. That slot on top of the cage would be useless for hockey. Why wear a cage if the puck will fly right in?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next