Change font size
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you think that BF Should Make SW Elements?
1. YES! They would go really well with the sets I have! 56%  56%  [ 15 ]
2. NO! What if TLC Releases them? 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
3. Not sure, I am good either way. 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Armor and Helmets?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:44 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Omicron wrote:
Now here is where it gets interesting. BF has a minimum amount to buy in order place an order, and that is $10. That means if I want that helmet from BF, I'd have to tack $2.50 worth of items to my cart. Arealight does not have minimum requirement, so I'd still be spending $7.50.

Now here's where I need to disagree ;) While I do think that Arealight's prices are very reasonable given both the quality of work as well as the volume he does, I think the order minimum helps out here. Buying just one helmet (or anything less than the $10US minimum really) would be incredibly cost-inefficient for the consumer given the price of shipping. Of course I don't really anticipate there being too many people who buy just one helmet from Arealight either, so I don't really think that comes into play at all.

Of course this isn't Arealight vs. Brick Forge, as they're two of the top customizers out there, and have collaborated on projects in the past (and hopefully again at some point). Thankfully most customizers out there (with a certain glaring exception) work together quite well both on a personal as well as a professional level, so I hope this doesn't turn into an "us vs. them" situation.

Personally? I'd love to see Star Wars elements by Brick Forge purely because I enjoy Star Wars (shocker, huh?). However I don't think it's necessary really to go into Star Wars given, as Omi said, how much of it is already covered. Brick Forge already has had the Science Fiction market covered for years now with several items (coil gun, Powered Assault Commando set, Megagun, etc.) in that regard, and I'm sure they won't be the last entries in that genre :)

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Armor and Helmets?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Starwars4J wrote:
Now here's where I need to disagree ;) While I do think that Arealight's prices are very reasonable given both the quality of work as well as the volume he does, I think the order minimum helps out here. Buying just one helmet (or anything less than the $10US minimum really) would be incredibly cost-inefficient for the consumer given the price of shipping. Of course I don't really anticipate there being too many people who buy just one helmet from Arealight either, so I don't really think that comes into play at all.

Oh I know. I was just using it as part of the example when price matching. :P

-Omi

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2