Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Lightsaber Hilts!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

So, I've been searching for a long time for a place to get custom hilts and blades, and I finally found it here. Not only are there tons of colors to pick from (Missing only 2 or 3 possibilities, posted in the sticky), but the Laser Beams are VASTLY cheaper than finding resellers of official blades. Right away I bought a large assortment of every trans color available, aswell as a few of the hilts.

The hilt designs here are really nice, too. I've searched for ages, and none of the big creators of custom weapons/accessories have made custom lightsaber stuff other than Brick Forge, as far as I've seen. With the increasing success of the Star Wars Rebels show, and the fast approaching release of the next main series movie, it makes economic sense, to me, that you expand on what you have going here for that. There's hundreds of design possibilities, though some are easier than others to translate into Lego, obviously... There's still tons of options. Possibilities include...

Tonfa/Baton style: These were used by a Twilek sith in The Force Unleashed, and are often rigged out of regular pieces, so a "real" model like this would surely fit into many peoples (including my own) collection.

Staff/Wand style: A much longer handle, to allow for different fighting styles and a more ornate look, something people would enjoy for jedi/sith with more finesse to their design. Perhaps for a mage-like heavy force user, given the wand look.

Ezra's Hilt: From the show, Star Wars Rebels. I could easily list a thousand different characters sabers over the thousands of years of lore, but this one is special in particular. 1, it has current relevance with the show moving into it's second season. And 2, the hilt design is especially unique, given the handguard look and the apparent blaster being built in, this was completely fudged by the Lego team, who instead of making a new hilt, just used a pair of binoculars... Lazy.

And finally, even if you don't make any 'new' hilt types, one thing that we NEED, DESPERATELY, is DOUBLE BLADES. The looming problem we've had for nearly 15 years now, is that Lego has never made a double blade style hilt, even though it would be SO EASY.
Even the official Lego Star Wars games knew what to do. Take 1 side of the hilt, and impose it on BOTH sides, making them symmetrical, and slightly extending the length of the handle area. And the innate lazyness on Lego's part, only makes this the easiest, most important suggestion of this whole topic. Take your 2 custom hilts, and any future designs you make, and simple make them double bladed. Both of them would look great in this style, and everyone who's kept track of the Star Wars stuff for any amount of time, will see them and just say "OH FINALLY!" and instantly buy them by the dozen. When you see all of the double bladed hilts people have made by chopping up hilts and gluing them back together, you'll see how much of a potential market there is for the real deal!

Post subject: Re: Lightsaber Hilts!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I agree, there would be a good market. I made this a looong time ago, in a galaxy far far away.
ImageImage
Although, personally I think half the fun for the single hilts was coming up with something all on my own and I had a lightsaber that was unlike all the others... Which fits the theme fairly well too since they're all hand crafted. :) It would be nice to have a well molded double sided though. The others would be cool, but the double ended would be the most practical and widely used.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:43 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

I don't like cutting or modifying pieces really, since I don't trust myself to make it look right. So I'd rather the more professional people just make a bunch and let me buy them... lol

I have roughly... 150 or so lightsaber wielders in my collection, and I get more all the time. I've got a whole Star-Warsy theme going. To my knowledge, I have every official jedi/sith character Lego has ever made. Not counting duplicates of the same character of course. Then I take people out of other various sets like the Space stuff and make them fit into the same deal. Having so many different people made for this, it just kinda sucks that they all have to use the same hilt.

And being a big fan of Knights of the old Republic, I also like to have all the expanded color options. I'd like to see the Laser Beam (AKA lightsaber blade) get more trans color options to go with that. All it needs are purple, dark green, a restock of the orange, and a true yellow. The one we currently have as yellow, I've discovered to be more of a light green, much like the original official green saber colors. Other than those 3 though, this is the most complete color pallet of any. Thats why I bought like 200 of them so far...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
BrickForge currently has no plans to make different light saber hilts. I can direct you a customizer that has different hilts that you might find useful. Custom-Crazy.com has 4 different types: A spikey hilt, scorpion hilt, Da Dao hilt, and bone hilt. They come in 5 different colors: Pearl Dark Gray, White, Glow in the Dark, Black, and Gold. I imagine the BrickForge laser beams can fit in them, but don't know since I don't own any. The price is pretty fair also.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:19 am 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Well, I'd like to get a few from them, unfortunately they require paypal which I can't use. Does anyone know of any other custom hilt makers? Preferably ones that don't need paypal of course.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]