Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 44   [ 435 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 44  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:11 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 2242
Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
That's slightly sexist, but aside from that...doesn't the thought of "rose" make red pop into your mind first? I know it does for me.

True, though the Spanish word for pink is rosado...or is it rosa...it's something like that. And, I don't really see how that's sexist... I would also like to see some pink accessories...real men wear pink...

I said sexist cause he only seemed to apply pink to the females.
Nermal wrote:
...and everyone needs a set of pink Powered Assault Commando armor to distinguish genders in their futuristic legions...

Why couldn't different colors work for both genders?

Trueness...but how else would they be distinguishable?

_________________
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:32 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm
Posts: 3662
Location: Nebraska
How about some shiny silver? or more CHROME!

_________________
I'll take my 60 Smiles Per Gallon over 60 Miles Per Gallon anyday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
True, though the Spanish word for pink is rosado...or is it rosa...it's something like that. And, I don't really see how that's sexist... I would also like to see some pink accessories...real men wear pink...

I said sexist cause he only seemed to apply pink to the females.
Nermal wrote:
...and everyone needs a set of pink Powered Assault Commando armor to distinguish genders in their futuristic legions...

Why couldn't different colors work for both genders?

Trueness...but how else would they be distinguishable?

They don't HAVE to be distinguishable. Go out onto a real battle field and watch the soldiers running around, shooting at each other, dodging bombs and what not. Then come back and tell me how many females you saw compared to males. Chances are you won't tell the difference. And for a sci-fi example, in Halo, all the "real" Spartans (the ones that the Master Chief knows and grew up with) wear the same armor, style and color. There's no way to distinguish male from females besides their voice.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:22 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 2242
Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
UltimatBlitz wrote:
They don't HAVE to be distinguishable. Go out onto a real battle field and watch the soldiers running around, shooting at each other, dodging bombs and what not. Then come back and tell me how many females you saw compared to males. Chances are you won't tell the difference. And for a sci-fi example, in Halo, all the "real" Spartans (the ones that the Master Chief knows and grew up with) wear the same armor, style and color. There's no way to distinguish male from females besides their voice.

Do we really NEED to debate this? The point is, we want pink. The whole distinguishing between male and female is just an example of why one might want pink SM armor.

_________________
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:41 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Do we really NEED to debate this? The point is, we want pink. The whole distinguishing between male and female is just an example of why one might want pink SM armor.

I want yellow too...and do we know if this is gonna me like bright/neon like pink or a toned down pink? I can't stand the bright/neon kinds...hurts my eyes

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:17 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 2242
Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Yellow would be awsome. And I think it would be a toned down pink.

_________________
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 am
Posts: 215
Yeah, having accessories using the pig's pink would be pretty neat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Panda wrote:
Yeah, having accessories using the pig's pink would be pretty neat.

Pig's pink :D That's a nice was to put it. Never had a name for that kinda of pink before

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:42 am 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:19 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Gardena, California
You know, i would have to agree with the Glow-In-The-Dark, but I think that would be more of a forum exclusive only if produced that is. I would love to see it and also Turqoise and Lime, maaybe even two tone items wouyld be a switch.

For Example:
The handle of the swords can be black or brown while the Blade would be silver,black or any color that comes to mind that looks good.

_________________
Brisingr Of Order and The Spirit of those who need it!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:31 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Acrylic paints work very well :b but serious, you guys do know they make clear, glow in the dark paint, right? just put it on and wham! I doubt you'll be seeing it any time soon "official", so go on ahead. And if you want more unique colors that probably wouldn't sell incredibly well at large, buy whites as a base, you won't even have to prime it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 44   [ 435 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 44  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net