Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 51 of 71   [ 707 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:05 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

We've got a really intense lightning storm going on right now. I love it. It's constant thunder. There's no breaks in between. Feels really good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:58 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Sweet! I'm surprised you can use your internet. When we have those our internet stops lol.

edit:
Talked with my friend about my molds (all for the want of trans-clear minfigs), and I'll remake my molds - a little different and see if that solves my problem. (I sooo want a clear minfig for the BF clear-camo Powered Assault Commando armor and gear!!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Wow. The Giver movie adaptation looks terrible. It looks nothing like the book at all, and I'm 100% certain they changed the ending. Really makes me angry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:14 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hmm, haven't seen any trailers for that one.

?? Why, why does the LDD allow you to use pieces that are Not for sale on their site, and nearly impossible to find?? I've been trying to piece together the items I need, sparing, and I cannot find some of the pieces ... that is sooo frustrating, grrr.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

It looks like a generic young adult movie adaptation Hollywood is so fond of these days. Just another one trying to imitate the success of The Hunger Games, including an obnoxious romance which, as far as I remember, was not in the book at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:19 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

That's a bummer, I've gotten to where I don't care about most movies anymore ... they generally all blur into nothing.

Anyone here see the Lego 'Fusion' app and brick 'program & games'?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:45 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Man, I do this on a regular basis, don't I? I guess I'm kinda like Boba Fett, Super awesome, but with all of 3 minutes of screen time, minus the totally awesome part. Because I'm just a dude with a box of Lego and some comics, not a bounty hunter wearing Cortsis Mandalorian Supercommando armor flying through the galaxy in a Firespray class Patrol ship. :9

I never did read the Giver. However, 'tis Hollywood, they always change what they don't like or don't understand. Kinda like Nova in Guardians of the Galaxy, about all that they got right was Xandarian militia and the logo on the chest plate. Or like so many things that would form a huge list in LotR. These were still good films. Even the worse book adaptions have brought us good things, like Sean Connery as the Green Knight.

@MC: You've been experimenting with molds? That sounds pretty neat. I can definitely see a white figure not quite rocking the clear armor right. You might want to check out the tabletop wargaming community, a lot of folks there make their own molds for bullcrap expensive or out of production miniatures.

Anyway, not much going on over here. Been working, putting off AP Summer homework, did a bit of travelling, an average Summer. I'd better do that homework though, I can definitely get through the Picture of Dorian Grey in 2 or 3 days, write a paper, and take 3 chapters of history notes before school starts on Monday. Procrastination!

I did manage to set a bit of money aside from work. Lately, it's mostly been being loaned to my parents for money for groceries, gas, and bills, but I was able to keep enough to pre-order a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 living card game's core set. The combination of a setting I'll admit I enjoy and the designers at Fantasy Flight games made me willing to buy a Games Workshop product directly enough that they will get money from me. The advanced reviews have all been very positive so I can't wait to try it out with my buddies at one of our tabletop sessions.

Oh my, that was a brick of text. :/

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:13 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hey SMarine, good to see you!
Procrastination ... Something I don't understand, hope you get your school stuff done :o)

Yes, I've been slowly working on molds for standard minfig parts ... I really, really,really want some clear minfig!!!
Nice on your tabletop Warhammer. I actually use some of the Games Workshop paints for my minfigs, cool stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks for the welcome-back, and the Birthday wishes over in the Traveller's Tent. It looks like I'm already halfway through my reading after a couple hours with my nose to the grindstone yesterday, so, that's good.

Are you trying to resin cast those pieces, or taking one of the roads less travelled?
I have heard of the quality of Citadel paints, good stuff, but pretty darn pricy it seems. I keep telling myself I'll paint a few minis someday, but in spite of their quality, I think I'll pass on the likes of Citadel and P3 simply because it appears one can get comparable results by reasonably thinning their Applebarrel acrylics.

I woke up this morning and said "what shall I do today, with this day of Summer, a gem of which my supply is ever shrinking?". The my brain said "you have work today". Given, I didn't wake up until 10:20, but it was still kinda a looming reminder of the creeping death of 3 month Summer vacations. :9

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

molds: well, I'm using clear epoxy for the actual pieces ... resin has a tint to it. Once I get the molds correct, then I can add color tint to the epoxy if I want. Only interested in actual minfig parts ... so that helps. I've been trying some 'rubber' molding material, works well enough - but I need to make my molds better for correct results.

Paints, yes, there are many great paints to use ... since I have to order mine, and since I wanted some very specific things, thus why I went with them. And I still use my acrylics for the cloth items, etc.

Woot, on the ending of summer ...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 51 of 71   [ 707 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 71  Next