Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 65   [ 646 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Ultima: nice set, and yes the megabloks sets have had some great inspiration to aid them in improving. I still dislike the minifigures though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:38 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I like LEGO figs better too, even though those Halo figs move better. It's probably because I value the ability to customize over the ability to pose. And LEGO figs are just so cute and comical, even the mutant alien and zombie figs.
-Unrelated-
I've been singing a lot when no one's home. I actually sound good and even better than some other non-mainstream singers I've heard. I'm thinking more and more about singing in my music, but then I need a mic and all that extra equipment, something I'm too busy to do. And my voice is more indie rock/soul and might not work well with Electronic, unless I practice.
"Vee vill see about that!" - Boris Karloff as Dracula
-Unrelated-
And can someone explain to me why MLP is so popular with not just adults but both genders? I don't mean it in a hateful way but isn't it meant as a commercial-cartoon for a product? From my memory those usually suck. What makes it different from, umm, for example Dora?
-Unrelated-
Does anyone know what the original Dirt Crusher RC sold for? I found one on ebay that's cheaper than bricklink. Looks like it just doesn't have stickers or a battery charger, and I wanted that thing badly when I was six but my brother always took the catalogs so I could never show my mom, and we had dialup from a company based in India or Iraq or something so ordering online wasn't an option. And we lived kinda like hermits.
Just when you thought all LEGO RCs were crap, Dirt Crusher and Outdoor Challenger comes up out of the past and runs you over with shock'n'awe. No joke Outdoor challenger is 20 mph which is awesome for electric and Dirt Crusher is faster I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

WrenVIXN wrote:
-Unrelated-
And can someone explain to me why MLP is so popular with not just adults but both genders? I don't mean it in a hateful way but isn't it meant as a commercial-cartoon for a product? From my memory those usually suck. What makes it different from, umm, for example Dora?

Lauren Faust wrote the show to be one that though it was for children, parents wouldn't want to slam their head though the kitchen cabinet while watching with them; in other words, its not just "let's do something to entertain your young simple minds!" Characters have real personality & development. The voicing is well done & the VAs work so great off each other that at times its easy to forget they're reading lines rather than just talking. The plots are well thought out (usually). & most important of all, even though the mane 6 are all girls, very few of them fall into the girly stereotypes of the past generations of MLP. Then the fan contribution is a big part. Some of the fan works inspired by the show are amazing & have a lot of thought put into it, or at least dedication (check out pun pony on tumblr who has been doing 1 submission a day for over 2 years now. Or if you're into Doctor Who, check Discord Whooves [warning, NSFW early on] & the Torchwood & Master blogs that for along with it).
The downside is the fan base can be very dramatic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I've considered watching MLP, but I have one question. How often do they sing? Because I absolutely hate stuff like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:44 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Ok, so I can finally share some stuff from the ESO, for those interested ... so I'm going share some screenshots I took this weekend ...

First off - the bunnies. You have no idea how hard it is to get a decent photo of these cute lil guys ...
I have a special interest since I used to raise Mini Rex.

My latest beta character: Imperial: in Daggerfall, with beginning of light armor - In creation mode wearing Veterans Dragon Templar armor (in Cold Harbor)
Image Image

My fav instruction book, love the title!

For those interested here are some landscape / architecture shots:
Daggerfall
Daggerfall Harbor
Daggerfall Lighthouse
Sundown reflections
Sundown in the saddle

Many great ideas for BF items in the brewing here!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Nice build, Ultima. I wish I could get some of the covenant-only figure packs, but can't seem to find any....

In other LEGO related news, I got another Rapunzel's tower set to try and combine with my wife's current one (so that we can have a complete tower with hinges to open up the interior). Of course, this is with the understanding that all duplicate figures and leftover parts are mine. ;)

MC: Nice screenshots. Your character looks awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Thanks @Ultima, cleared out some curiosity of mine.

Looks like I won't find the original price for Dirt Crusher, but 85 bucks for a set that's ten years old is great, but 15 bucks shipping is a bit stingy. And hopefully I won't be replacing more than a battery and a charger. Good thing those battery packs are the main staple for Electric RCs. Did I mention Dirt Crusher has real shocks, the plates are tough but flexible, and the item was so popular they re-sold it in 2006 (two years after initial) only in blue? Oh yeah and I overshot my estimates, Outdoor Challenger is about 10 mph and Dirt crusher is 15. These things are faster and more powerful than the put-put Power Functions they use now. However there is a (hush-hush LEGO doesn't want you to know) way to use PF servo motors with the help of gears to make an even faster RC car, but LEGO bricks don't hold together like the old RC building system does.
Am I obsessing over a childhood fantasy I dreamed of and could realize now? Yes? Too much? :9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Thanks Hikaro, I will probably make one like her in the real game.

Here's a Wood Elf I snuck in before this last beta closed ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:48 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

For those who don't already know ... there's an amazing 30 for $0.30 sale starting in the forge store ... act quick to get some super deals!
Also, they have Centaur accessory kits now!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Erin Update: An actual plot is finally developing, and it's the underlying conflict between the Shogun (called the Grand Duke of Taikoh in this show) and the Emperor (Who is always female in the show and is called the Shin-Oh). Upper class court life versus military service and agricultural work. So definitely an interesting plot, and not one that I've seen explored a lot. Well. Sengoku and Edo Period works are everywhere, but this show seems to draw influence from the Kamakura and early Muromachi period which was before that. I think the Sengoku period is the second half of the Muromachi period. Anyway. I'm really surprised at how good the fight scenes are. There's barely been any (just like Moribito), but when they do show up they're really good.

The short version: I like that it's not Sengoku or Edo period because those are super overdone, and the fights are very entertaining.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 65   [ 646 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next