It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 22 of 59   [ 589 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:05 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
@Wren: Rule number one of politics. Don't talk about politics. Just a heads up.

Indeed a rule to not be bent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

I know messing in that field can irritate people, but I don't have to travel more than ten miles to find a farmer who knows they gotta buy new seed or get sued. Those stinkers nearly got away with patenting existing genes :D . Thanks for stopping them, Supreme Court. that would be ridiculous.

Hm, extra schoolwork or write down my dream... Decisions... :{)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:22 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, my LEGO budget just took a big hit: My faithful internet computer, after 12 years of service, finally kicked the bucket well and good: According to the beep code, the BIOS crashed, meaning it is deader than a doornail.

Looks like I'll have to get on NewEgg and order a new MoBo, RAM & possibly graphics card & power supply. :/

At least my high-power portable gaming computer is still fully functional....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:40 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

@Hikaro: That sucks...:/ 12 years is a long time though. I don't know if I'm just hard on my computer or what but it's already starting to die after only 3 years...

Xbox Live: Beardlessdwarf7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:04 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, B. Dwarf, that computer was approaching the Ship of Thesus/Grandfather's Axe paradox as it was: When I built it in 2002, it had 256Mb RAM, 2Ghz Pentium IV processor, 320 Watt Power Supply, A-Bit P4 motherboard, 50GB HDD, DVD ROM & 32 MB GeForce 4 graphics card.

Over the years I replaced or added parts until it achieved its final configuration about 3 years ago: 2x 350GB HDD, 2x DVD-R, 256MB GeForce 6800 video card, 500 Watt Power Supply, 2.6Ghz Pentium 4 CPU & 2.5GB of RAM... The only thing that remained constant was the A-Bit motherboard & case.

Now I'm going to be replacing the CPU (again), drastically upgrading the RAM, definitely installing either Windows 7 or Kubuntu Linux (more secure OS for web browsing, plus I can use Virtual Box to run Windows XP and associated applications), probably getting a new video card (unless I end up going with another AMD APU/GPU for the processor)

The only things I'll be keeping are the case (for now, at least until I can get enough resources & parts together to build my awesome steampunk dream case), & HDDs (I'll be replacing the old IDE DVD-Rs with SATA DVD-Rs)....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:50 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Steampuuunk ;9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:43 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Man. JoJo is so awesome. Haven't even finished episode 1 of part 2 and it's already amazing. They also change the animation style for each new part which is awesome. Also by "part" I mean season. Technically. Japan uses the classification of season a bit differently than the U.S. So does the U.K. I believe.

JoJo is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:09 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
Technically. Japan uses the classification of season a bit differently than the U.S. So does the U.K. I believe.

U.K. uses "series" like we use "season". My mom almost had a heart attack when there were commercials for the "Series Finale" of Doctor Who.
I noticed that in Japan as well, there never seems to be an official distinction between different "seasons". They seem to be divided into seasons sorta when they're brought over here to the States if they're really long, like Fairy Tail, but even those don't seem right. I usually go by opening/ending credit changes (one or two different ones constitute one "season" based on how frequently they change to me).
Then they're the things like Fairy Tail 2 that just came out. Basically it's just a continuation of Fairy Tail, like how "series" 7 of Doctor Who just continues from series 6, but Fairy Tail 2 feels like it is sorta treated like a sequel rather than a continuation. Yet at the same time it's still just Fairy Tail.
Dragonball -> Dragonball Z -> Dragonball GT seem more like "true sequels". Naruto Shippuden seems like it could also go into this category. I base Naruto on the time skip, so they're not starting exactly where they left off, even though it's continuing the story. If I understand correctly Fairy Tail 2 just starts where the first had to go on a hiatus. But I wonder why something like Naruto changes after it's time skip, when (I'm pretty sure) One Piece didn't change, and I know Fairy Tail didn't, even though the world became majorly different after the 7 year skip.
Oh well, I guess what it boils down to is I have my own classifications, and that works for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:46 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Long running animes usually go by arcs which are approximately 7-10 episodes long, depending on whether or not you count filler episodes. Arcs roughly coincide with when they change the OP/ED.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:00 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Unless you're fairy tail, then you change mid arc & give away a bunch of spoilers + info for the NEXT arc.
My Spartan army may finally suffer some casualties, I just got 2 Dalek minifigs.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 22 of 59   [ 589 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 59  Next