It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 65   [ 643 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Quickblade wrote:
LOLzerrrrs! I need some monkeys to protect my yard from skunks!

I think the reason for the change in engine position is so when people are too impatient to slow down and they rear-end you, they get the damaged engine. As people are starting to leave from point A later and try to get to point B faster, everybody gets impatient and starts having no respect for other cars. There's been a recent surge in population around here and even people from places like California agree that this place has the rudest traffic. No joke, my dog almost got run over last walk I took him on because this old dude didn't stop. He had exactly 6 seconds to stop in his sedan and my dog isn't short.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Probably has something to do with Crash Safety ratings: I think that's one of the things that kind of bit a LOT of VW's old "engine in the rear" designs...

Porsche did it. All of the 911s are and have been rear-engined. Why can't VW do the same?

Good Question.... Then again, from what my one friend at work has been telling me, a lot of the German car makers, like BMW have been coming up with some rather weird and questionable design decisions lately, so that might explain it.

Like ditching the shark-nose design, and the meaning of the numbers.
Quote:
EDIT: On a lighter note, I need some of these:

*pic*

I'd prefer a trunk monkey.
WrenVIXN wrote:
I think the reason for the change in engine position is so when people are too impatient to slow down and they rear-end you, they get the damaged engine. As people are starting to leave from point A later and try to get to point B faster, everybody gets impatient and starts having no respect for other cars. There's been a recent surge in population around here and even people from places like California agree that this place has the rudest traffic. No joke, my dog almost got run over last walk I took him on because this old dude didn't stop. He had exactly 6 seconds to stop in his sedan and my dog isn't short.

You must be in Utah or something. Fortunately people in Idaho aren't terrible drivers. Mainly not signaling and stopping for corners.

edit: Anyone else having a bunch of problems with DIII? Mine's getting stuck on loading screens forever and then dropping connection.

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Nope, North Dakota. Remember, lots of crude oil up here? Surge in population because of out-of-state workers? It's even worse in ND than Utah, not like traffic jams but road rage and refusal to yield to pedestrians and bikers.
And, uh, my brother is outside and because I'm bored, I was drawn to his pile of loose pieces and I threw together a helicopter contraption. One of those things that evolve over time because you realize that you can't do it the way you intended. Better take it apart quick before he sees it.

5:00 EDIT
I just found a great LEGO website
http://rebrickable.com/about
It basically shows you a library of MOCs you can build by entering in what sets and parts you have, and it does the rest. It even shows you where to buy any missing pieces off of Bricklink and all that. It's a bit tacky to use but it's well worth checking out :{)
I really wish though that there was a website like this, only a huge network of appointed builders (builders that build stable yet detailed models) are assigned the task of making different sets for unofficial fan-built themes, in a way like Lord Businesses' think tank (muahaha XD ). Basically just providing instructions and set art, like getting a LEGO box with nothing but instructions inside (for free of course). Just imagine, fan-designed Knights Kingdom I sets, or a whole new fan theme like Steampunk or something. It all goes on to the site where you can overview parts for the sets, and then download the instructions!
Someday, when life slows down and I'm not focusing on music for a while. {:D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:13 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Scored an 881 on the FFXIV benchmark which means I totally can't play it. Unfortunate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Get a Lenovo Y series. Cheap but powerful. I have a Y560-I5 and only performance prob I have is with Minecraft at times, but it's single threaded so it can't take advantage of four cores. Only about 600 bucks. Awesome for me but of course there are the insecurities of Windows 7. So a newly booted Win7 Machine would install about 1000 updates the first shutdown, and you have to go disable Gadgets (major insecurity you have to disable manually along with a Microsoft FixIt). Or just get it with Win8 if you're foolhardy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Don't have the money for any new computers. The job market here is barren. Especially for people my age. I have to start looking in Boise, which is a bit longer commute than I'd like. It's still a comfortable commute, but I shouldn't be driving in the morning. I can barely even walk before noon. Maybe I'll luck out and find a position in the evening or night.

Edit: Wow. They just announced a new Durarara!! anime. I'm really excited. I'd honestly rather have more Baccano! but DRRR is still really really awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
Don't have the money for any new computers. The job market here is barren. Especially for people my age. I have to start looking in Boise, which is a bit longer commute than I'd like. It's still a comfortable commute, but I shouldn't be driving in the morning. I can barely even walk before noon. Maybe I'll luck out and find a position in the evening or night.

Tell me if you find anything.

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: the battle monkeys are awesome!

Agreed, the folks that seem to make the BF forum home are a great group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:58 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Chimpanzees aren't monkeys, but still funny.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

This is 9 hour's worth of building. (The Spartans on the guns didn't come with the set). I have to say, megabloks has improved. The only time I had an issue was when trying to get the tail to connect with the main body, and that's just because there was no real leverage. But they're really bulky, lots of solid masses of bricks.
I have Sarah Palmer in the middle section. She practically collapses any time I touch her, bust stays in place when I flip the ship...I don't get it.

Also easy reference: monkeys have tails, apes don't.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 65   [ 643 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65  Next