Change font size
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 55   [ 545 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:35 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

I really don't like though when people call you "gay" or "**g" just because you like pink, have long hair, or prefer arts over sports (right over here too), because then it becomes an insult which is totally out of line. For example, my laptop is gunmetal with a slight pink tint on the deck, and I can't stand how many "gaytop" jokes I get. Or the **g jokes on my sideburns (ladies never keep their sideburns[so go dig a hole and stay inside it you stupid UPC neighbors{you're supposed to be perfect Christians right?}]).

Speaking, I've been getting a lot of guff on Google from people because of my Music plans. "Dubstep is devil music! (saw and square waves, tube/amp, filter, tube/amp at C3 not medium tapes)" "You know everyone who listens to Dubstep becomes gay, right?(Dubstep is really popular and a lot of people are gay so JINX)" "All basslines are backmasking and if you really make music you should know it! (sine waves in C2 it's not quantum physics)" That sorta garbage. Okay first off Dubstep is not a new 21st century thing, and Skrillex, no matter how messed up, is the worst representation of the whole genre and the people who listen to it. But then they're all super-religious bigots who don't listen to anyone but themselves (redundant oops) anyway so why bother. Why? Because they're counterproductive to my mission and they slather their self-truth all other the world and no one's gonna wipe it off otherwise. Why are American Christians obsessed with conspiracy?
Also I can't wink or use any star with any number of points or else I get crucified. #imnotanewagerdontcrucifyme

Oh yeah, LEGOs today.
My brother, being the Bonanza, Gunsmoke, cowboy oriented brother he is, really wanted the LEGO Movie biplane, but he was uninterested in the rest of the set. So me, being the kind little brother that says yes for fear of being bronagged, paid half the price for about half the set. It's still pretty cool, and at least now I'm not waiting for anything in the mail which drives me walnuts. Here!
Attachment:
IMG_REBOOTME.JPG
IMG_REBOOTME.JPG [ 104.14 KiB | Viewed 215 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:47 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Thing is, if a GIRL wants to play sports, likes monster trucks and do other "boy" interests, then she's praised for being "assertive", "independent" and "true to herself"

I understand your point that this is much more accepted than the inverse you talked about, but there are still people who see this as an attack worthy point of some women't character. I'm in no way supporting the binary gender roles of our society, but I'm putting that out there.

Yeah, I do know that, but (1) They're mostly bass-ackwards hicks who make the guys from "Deliverance" look sophisticated and (2) if any feminist group (and I mean ANY) heard about it, then they will come down on them like a ton of bricks and see that the person in question is brought so low that his former friends will have to kneel to spit on him.

Of course, that is "if"... My wife suffered in the fundamentalist private school she went to for the last 2 years of HS because of her tomboyish tendencies, what with the other girls calling her a lesbian and stuff like that... But yeah, I'm all for TRUE gender equality, regardless of where one falls on the gender continuum.

EDIT: I also agree with you 100%: I feel that the Kinsey Scale (which is for sexual orientation) is a good START, but what's needed is more like a Venn Diagram: A 3D Venn Diagram, possibly made out of Klein Flasks, and that still probably wouldn't cover ALL variations.....

@Wren: I feel your pain: I got called those kinds of homophobic slurs more than any of the actually gay kids at the school, especially since they were probably so far in the closet they could reach Narnia.... I'm Christian, but I can't stand fundy bigots, and I'll call them out on their BS every time I see them pulling that kind of stuff.

Also, LOL at the "reboot me" sign on the micro-manager. :D

Last edited by Hikaro Takayama on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:54 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Wren: Pink is without a doubt my favorite color.

@Hikaro: That sucks about the slurs. I never had to deal with that because I'm so incredibly withdrawn. I could count the people from my high school who knew anything about me on one hand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

@Hikaro that sign is a Popular Science joke :)
Yeah, at least I'm homeschooled (ungh not unschooled - big diff) so the quips are at a very bearable level.

Oh my brother - he's over at those neighbor's house right now - they're camping out even though the snow hasn't melted yet and it's gonna be like 20 degrees farenheit tonight. He just came in here and raided the pantry, and my dad was screaming from the living room "DON'T TOUCH MY SPAM!!!"

WOO levelup! I find such delight in imaginary achievements on the world wide web!!! I'm a swag fitter now!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:41 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@WrenV: nice and amusing pic, also nice lvl up!

Boy some heavy potential topics in the first beat of the new MT, :o)
It's been awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:06 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Just watched the latest Kill la Kill episode. I am so incredibly hyped for next week's episode.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:06 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I feel like I have little to add to the conversation as my reason for having numerous female video game characters is because I find females nicer to look at than males.

Anyway, you may remember that, a while I wondered if the reason for front-engined FWD cars' better fuel economy was because they had no long drive lines, and that perhaps a mid- or rear-engined car would have similar fuel economy gains. The VW XL-1 has a mid-engine RWD drive train, and given what VW was trying to do with the XL-1 I don't think they would have done something if they thought it would hurt fuel economy, which probably means that I'm right about the FWD thing. This makes me wonder why more car makers don't do this, I wouldn't think it all that expensive or had to engineer, the only issue I can see is engine cooling.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:28 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Probably has something to do with Crash Safety ratings: I think that's one of the things that kind of bit a LOT of VW's old "engine in the rear" designs...

...And yes, one of the other reasons I like playing female characters is that they usually have WAY better outfits available (seriously, in Soul Calibur V, there's almost twice as many customization items that are exclusively female than are exclusively male, for just one example, and that's actually a HUGE improvement over the previous game in the series).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Probably has something to do with Crash Safety ratings: I think that's one of the things that kind of bit a LOT of VW's old "engine in the rear" designs...

Porsche did it. All of the 911s are and have been rear-engined. Why can't VW do the same?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:47 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

sentinal133 wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:

Porsche did it. All of the 911s are and have been rear-engined. Why can't VW do the same?

Good Question.... Then again, from what my one friend at work has been telling me, a lot of the German car makers, like BMW have been coming up with some rather weird and questionable design decisions lately, so that might explain it.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for putting up with the info-bomb I dropped on page 1... Now that I'm in the open about this, it feels like a HUGE weight I've been carrying for so long that I almost forgot it was there has been removed from my shoulders.

EDIT: On a lighter note, I need some of these:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 55   [ 545 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next