Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 10 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: huh

@Hikaro: hope you had a good museum visit ... lots of inspiration I'm sure.

Speaking of inspiration, am I the only one here following Bungie's new game? I've seen enough still and game play reveals to start my mind working on turning out a set of the three main Guardian types, and then of course I'll need to make a pair of each Guardian race ... another thing for my list!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

minfigCharmed wrote:
Speaking of inspiration, am I the only one here following Bungie's new game? I've seen enough still and game play reveals to start my mind working on turning out a set of the three main Guardian types, and then of course I'll need to make a pair of each Guardian race ... another thing for my list!

It's looking awesome to me. Love the environments so far, remind a of Lost Planet, except actually having structures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:

It's looking awesome to me. Love the environments so far, remind a of Lost Planet, except actually having structures.

I can hardly wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Welp, just got back from the Inner Harbor, and I had a blast! I actually ended up buying a ticket for all 4 ships at the Inner Harbor, and actually had time to visit them all! First I went to the USS Constitution, the Civil-War era gun sloop (the last all-sail ship that was ever built for the US Navy, and the last US Navy ship from the Civil War still afloat) and got to help out with a demonstration of how the old capstan worked. I also bought a USS Constellation "Pork Pie" hat at the souvenir shop, after which I headed to the US Coast Guard Cutter, Taney. The USCGC Taney is the last surviving ship that was involved in the attack on Pearl Harbor, and while it wasn't moored AT Pearl Harbor, per se, it was moored elsewhere in Honolulu, and she was able to deter a Japanese attack on a power plant that supplied the Naval Hospital with power (likely saving many lives as a result). One thing that kind of surprised me about the ship was how few things, structurally, had changed in 70 years: All the bulkheads, watertight fittings and general layout of various spaces were almost identical to what I saw on the USS O'Brien, which was built in 1976 (the Taney was launched in 1936)...

I then went to the USS Torsk, a Tench-class submarine that has the distinction of being the last Naval vessel to sink and enemy ship during WWII, followed by the US Coast Guard Light ship (basically a floating lighthouse) Chesapeake.

After that, I went to Phillips Seafood restaurant and had soft shell crabs for the first time ever! Now I know why they are so expensive: they are DELICIOUS, and worth every penny (although I definitely am not going to be eating them on a regular basis, let me tell you!). Phillips also had a live piano player and a good one too! When he was singing this one Eagles song (I don't remember which one at the moment) I didn't know it was live until I saw the guy at the piano, so, as I was leaving, I put some "bread" in his jar and said, "Man! What are you doing here?!" (see if anyone gets the reference...)

So yeah, I had a really good day, but I'm rather tired now, and I need to sort through all my photos....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

minfigCharmed wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:

I can hardly wait.

Speaking of awesome looking games, anyone see the X trailer for the new Wii U game? That + monster hunter, may actually get a Wii U.
Also, hello!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:32 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Nice Medaka avy, and hi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

oh my god a blitz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

:o)

Well, I'm finally current at listing my first group of items on my web sites And in the online store. There's a 'code glitch' that I need to research ... and then I can finally get back to being creative .. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:35 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Blitz: Good to see you 'round again! Are you a Monster Hunter guy too?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:13 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
I didn't know it was live until I saw the guy at the piano, so, as I was leaving, I put some "bread" in his jar and said, "Man! What are you doing here?!" (see if anyone gets the reference...)

Bah da da di di di da da, da da di di daaaaaaaaaa
Sing us a song, you're the piano man, sing us a song tonight

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 10 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 100  Next