Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 88 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:34 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

How might I go about listening to your music Wren? I'm a sucker for good EDM.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Here you go!
https://parad1gmmusic.bandcamp.com/ (No uploads yet)
http://www.audiotool.com/user/ben_wangler

Audiotool is an online DAW written in javascript. Most of my work on here is experimental, as Audiotool lacks a few important features, also that's where I got into music so a lot of it is just practice (i.e. using presets over and over to get techniques down).
I kinda use Ableton more now because it has those "missing features", and because it's not on the internet my work isn't subject to being plagiarized. There are at least 50 good tracks by Audiotoolers that have been renamed and sold all over the internet by some ass named WSAD, not to mention some track used in apps (Impossible Game and Impossible Jump) without the artist being credited. Worst part is if you use samples that aren't royalty free you can't set the license to All Rights Reserved, and you have to use creative commons, which partially allows this plagiarism. All the more reason to use software.
Check out the people I follow, their music is really good, especially Astrum for EDM. Inavon hates EDM though, along with how many genres are being pushed together into "EDM". Authentic Trance is more his cup of tea.
Even though my stuff isn't all that right now, stay tuned to my Bandcamp :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:31 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: Hope things go alright with work. Unexpected changes do leave lots of questions.
I understand on the limited pennies and limited hobby purchases ... so many things I'd love to get, but can't justify ...

@WrenV: I'll be watching for sure.

Been playing Diablo III and have come to realize that I can't play it on the xbx, but do fine on the PC. The controls on the xbx don't make sense for my fighting style - therefore I die and am now stuck in boss fights I can't win; very frustrating. My PC character is lvl 30, getting ready to deal with the 3rd main boss. Weird the difference. Anyone else have the same issue?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

minfigCharmed wrote:
Been playing Diablo III and have come to realize that I can't play it on the xbx, but do fine on the PC. The controls on the xbx don't make sense for my fighting style - therefore I die and am now stuck in boss fights I can't win; very frustrating. My PC character is lvl 30, getting ready to deal with the 3rd main boss. Weird the difference. Anyone else have the same issue?
I am the opposite. I can play most games no problem on a console but put me in front of a computer with the same game and I can't even figure out how to go forward. I blame the fact that I grew up playing games on consoles (I inherited my sister's Atari and NES when I was quite young) and computers were only for work/school or the early days of internet chatting with friends.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:52 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:
I am the opposite. I can play most games no problem on a console but put me in front of a computer with the same game and I can't even figure out how to go forward. I blame the fact that I grew up playing games on consoles (I inherited my sister's Atari and NES when I was quite young) and computers were only for work/school or the early days of internet chatting with friends.

Crazy, my brain has a hard time reacting ... to shoot ... using anything but the left trigger on the controller apparently. Yeah, I was in on the earliest of PC games, so they make sense easy enough. :o)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:32 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Same here. I have some boss driving tactics in Split/Second PC, but on Xbox it's a different story. On PC I powerslide through exploding dams with ease, but on Xbox I'm a little kid in that red convertible toy scuttling along in the middle of the brickyard 500.

I finally got started on that single. The synthwork is good but the melody does not match. It sounds more like party music, not like music that stirs up emotion and excites, yet slightly danceable as well. Hopefully people will want to buy it more for the cause it all goes to, not the music itself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:50 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

I'm back in the USA for this week and thought I'd type out a quick hello to everyone. Along with a Happy Birthday Armothe!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:38 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Arcanamachi wrote:
I'm back in the USA for this week and thought I'd type out a quick hello to everyone. Along with a Happy Birthday Armothe!

Good to see 'hear from' you! Hope all is going well.

@WrenV: good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:59 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

WrenVixen: That's pretty neat! I actually made some techno/electronic music mixes a while back (the first of which was while I was still in the Navy) using Screenblast Acid. Most of them are combinations of various ethnic music/instruments and electronic (including two tracks I did with me playing the didgeridoo), and two of which are tributes two two of my favorite shooter games (back in the days before Valve turned to the dark side and tried to force everyone to install their spyware on their computer to play their games). I should see about uploading them to YouTube or something to see if anyone actually likes them.

Anyways, if you all want to know what I've been doing lately (aside from dealing with massive amounts of nasty winter weather), here's what I've got done on my family's Minecraft server:

Behold! The Aztec city of Xoxoctepetalan:

Xoxoctepetalan Aerial View by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

Xoxoctepetalan West Side by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

Xoxoctepetalan Town Hall by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

This was all built 100% legit over a period of about 2 weeks. My architectural skills with Minecraft have improved considerably lately, if I don't say so myself. The big pyramid with all the IC2 solar panels on top of it is my house, BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Great job on that Hikaro. I noticed you're a Machine Muse fan also. I've been skyblocking a lot and started with this:
and I'm currently at:
with over 100 mods. {:D

Look up "Ex Nihilo the Skyblock companion" mod to find out how to get metals and such from such humble beginnings.

No new Lego anything with me lately. I've been doing consulting work at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (yes, THAT place) and it's not at all a happy place to be. :~( Along with other things that just fill my day up. Travel to Tokyo from Kyoto and back in a wheelchair is not one of quickest things to do. I take the bullet train. Not the wheelchair by itself. 8o

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 88 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 100  Next