Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:30 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 87 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

IT DOES!
I saw it yesterday, everyone on this site needs to see it. It actually didn't stink! It really was awesome. Smart, funny, and deep (as in it evokes emotions like a good movie should). I loved Spaceman Benny. It's obvious the people behind the movie wanted to make a real animated movie as in the days of Nemo and Lion King, before most of the world decided animation was good for nothing more than the base ingredient for a digital nuk (pacifier). So some people who have written reviews went in thinking it's going to be like most "kid movies". Thus they say it's "excessive" and "they didn't need to do that much for something meant for little kids". But really it's meant to be enjoyable for all the people who love LEGO. I still remember seeing Open Season 2. I can imagine the torture some parents might have gone through. Stale humor, dumb and shallow. Did not have anything good in it for older people. If you've ever gone to movie rental stores, anything animated is usually in the "Family" section. How ludacris, tell it like it is. Put some in the other sections where they belong, and leave that storyless sugar where it is and change the label to "small children".

Back to The LEGO Movie, see it see it SEE IT. You will cry when it's over and you will build LEGO stuff nonstop when you get home. My faith in LEGO has been restored. I still need more guns and odd accessories though, and more horses. I built three nice ones out of bricks, will show pictures tomorrow, check the MasonsDen.

Watching King Kong VS Godzilla right now. I hate dubbed voices, so annoying and it looks creepy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Received my remastered Fable (game 1) today! The book is awesome :o)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:52 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I've been think about buying Fable Remastered. I haven't played the first game in years. Does it come with all the content from the PC version, or is it just the original version?

God. Job searching sucks. Why do they always have to be so vague online? Just tell me what the job actually is. Don't feed me generic BS about being a team player without actually informing me about what kind of work the position actually entails. I guess I'm just going to have to actually go around and apply in person. Well. I was going to anyway, but I would have preferred to have even an inkling of what is actually available, and what's a waste of my time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
God. Job searching sucks. Why do they always have to be so vague online? Just tell me what the job actually is. Don't feed me generic BS about being a team player without actually informing me about what kind of work the position actually entails. I guess I'm just going to have to actually go around and apply in person. Well. I was going to anyway, but I would have preferred to have even an inkling of what is actually available, and what's a waste of my time.

Isn't it great, even better is the "requires 4 years of experience to take out the trash" excuse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:27 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

macleodman2 wrote:
I've been think about buying Fable Remastered. I haven't played the first game in years. Does it come with all the content from the PC version, or is it just the original version?

I don't know about the PC original mine was on the xbx, but this does come with several extra outfits including Scythe's. The graphics are good, scenery as pretty as Fable 2/3. Game controls are like Fable 2 also.
My preorder comes with an Apollo outfit and bow ... once I find it.
Such a weird game, but very amusing as well.

macleodman2 wrote:
Job searching sucks. Why do they always have to be so vague online? Just tell me what the job actually is. Don't feed me generic BS about being a team player without actually informing me about what kind of work the position actually entails. I guess I'm just going to have to actually go around and apply in person. Well. I was going to anyway, but I would have preferred to have even an inkling of what is actually available, and what's a waste of my time.

Job search is Never fun, no matter what level of experience you have there's always someone better. And, I hate trying to sell myself. The interview question I dislike the most is, "What are you bringing to the company / or job?" Basiclaly, "why should I hire you?"

Well, many of my minfig projects are on hold for the moment. I'm waiting for this to settle down with the puppy and life ... hopefully only another week or two.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

How everyone has a good day today!

:o)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:43 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

I hope so too. Today we go and try to get passports again. If it's the wrong birth papers again, I'm gonna compose and mix a sub-psychotic Drumstep-drop rage in ableton live 9. Finally found a way to create professional sounding wobbles without VSTs.
I actually prefer Trance, Rave, DnB, and House to Dubstep, but they all satisfy the ears in their own way. Hoping to release my first single this or next month. Synthesizers are so revolutionary because they can truly create any waveform and constantly push the limits of sound.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

WrenVIXN wrote:
I hope so too. Today we go and try to get passports again. If it's the wrong birth papers again, I'm gonna compose and mix a sub-psychotic Drumstep-drop rage in ableton live 9. Finally found a way to create professional sounding wobbles without VSTs.
I actually prefer Trance, Rave, DnB, and House to Dubstep, but they all satisfy the ears in their own way. Hoping to release my first single this or next month. Synthesizers are so revolutionary because they can truly create any waveform and constantly push the limits of sound.

Hope it went well indeed.

Music expression is always an interesting avenue, good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:00 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
So I walk into work today after having the past 2 days off and find out my boss (the one whose been making all these changes) quit while on the job last night. Just out of the blue, quit. I don't know the details, but it's pretty crazy. I don't know what going to happen now, but I can only hope what we get next isn't worse.

I've spent the other day consolidating my castle factions. I am itching to make a few BL orders, but with my financial situation uncertain for the next little bit, I am hesitant. I also have a faction of minotaurs that I bought last year that I haven't done anything with yet. It's tough to justify spending money on my hobby that I don't do much with these days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Yay, we got the right papers!
Here's hoping the form evaluators in washington don't reject me and my brother's profile photos. He smiled in his and the date stamp was turned on in mine. Could be a tactic to make you pay extra and get one at the post office.

minfigCharmed wrote:
Music expression is always an interesting avenue, good luck!

Check out Sandburgen
http://www.audiotool.com/user/sandburgen
he makes German Techno and Minimal, after all he is German and that's where Techno was invented! This real Techno is not, however, the cheesy stuff you get on a Youtube search.

I have less than a year's experience, but I learned a lot in the past three months (I've gotten countless comments from people "dang that's good stuff, almost professional grade" so I must be somewhat good), and as mentioned before blew 700 bucks on professional software because my passion for sound is so strong It's what I decided to do for a living after high school and the one college course I hope I qualify for.

I also was inspired at church to postpone my Intro single to publish a fundraising single. Going to send ALL profit from this one song to #enditmovement to abolish forced labor, human trafficking (yes that's how it's spelled), and anything involving one human owning another. I hope I capture the essence of the word "FREEDOM" with the notes I sequence and the waves I distort. I got a fortune cookie that said "Let reality be reality". No. We are not subject to reality, reality is subject to us. We can change the world and GOD has called us to do so, and you don't need to be a Christian to change the world for the better either, for those who think Jesus is baloney. Slavery is just downright wrong no matter your beliefs.
"Can I get an AAAAYMEN from the congregation!?!" - TD Jakes style.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 87 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 100  Next