Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 86 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:56 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

This stupid NFL brain damage scandal is ridiculous. No **** professional players are going to suffer serious brain damage. They smash their heads into each other for a living. Any player that didn't know that brain damage was possibility is an idiot of the highest caliber. Should the NFL have covered it up? No, because it shouldn't be an issue. I mean seriously? Did you also know that joining the military carries a serious risk of being shot and killed? God people are dumb. I understand the issue with High School football and concussions though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

macleodman2 wrote:
This stupid NFL brain damage scandal is ridiculous. No **** professional players are going to suffer serious brain damage. They smash their heads into each other for a living. Any player that didn't know that brain damage was possibility is an idiot of the highest caliber. Should the NFL have covered it up? No, because it shouldn't be an issue. I mean seriously? Did you also know that joining the military carries a serious risk of being shot and killed? God people are dumb. I understand the issue with High School football and concussions though.

Couldn't have said it better!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Well, no assistant supervisor job for me. The union contract getting voted in eliminated the position. I'm mostly irritated that I lost sleep over the whole situation. The other side of it is that there is a plan set in motion to put me in as a full time fork lift driver.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: hope that works out for you.

Ran my epoxy test on my two piece molds this evening. I'll check on them tomorrow night and see if they set well enough for the soft cure.
Puppy house training ... all the more reasons why I prefer cats ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

minfigCharmed wrote:
Puppy house training ... all the more reasons why I prefer cats ...

Well, you just gotta applaud them when they do it outside (naturally they will try to do it in tall grass or in groves of trees, so stand beside spot you want him to do it [leashes are handy]) and scold them when they do it inside. Watch for the "signs", like circling around and whimpering. If you forget and ignore them, eventually they will go bathroom on the carpet even though they really didn't want to (because dogs really want to please their humans, that's a fact). My dog turned a year old on the 2nd, and he's way too big to sit in my lap for cuddles, but he always wants me to cuddle anyway. After five minutes I take him to his sleeping crate, and he runs back to the chair, hops up and sits down. "More cuddles! Come on! MOAR CUDDLES!"

No offense but several years ago a study proved that dogs are actually much smarter than pigs, and cats... are somewhere in between. Of course my family already knew this to be true because my dad and his siblings grew up on a farm, and compared to their dogs, their pigs were very, very stupid. No smarter than steer, who are extremely retarded (moms sister owns a ranch).

5:55 PM EDIT:
My Canadian cousin is getting married, so we went to get passports. Me and my bro's forms had the wrong birth certificate-thing piece of paper. We went to the capital to get the paper they told us to get, and it still was the wrong one. X0 And then we looked in the fire safe and found the exact same one on different colored copy paper. For all this trouble I'd rather sneak across the border. Come on! Canada and U.S. are best buds! It's just for the weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@WrenV: passport fun!
About the dog training: training the puppy is the easy part, training my husband ... so that he doesn't constantly derail the puppy training is a whole nuther issue ...

Tested my newest two piece molds. The items came out well, expect that I didn't get enough epoxy in two of them. But, for their first round I'm very happy; next time I will be sure to squeeze in more goo. :o)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I just had a really great, and very very sad conversation with the three guys from Afghanistan that own the gas station here in town. One of the guys had his entire family executed when he was 15. He's taken a big liking to my family, and tonight he told me it was because my dad reminds him a lot of his father, and I remind him of his brother. One of the others had the same thing happen to him during the Russian invasion, but he was forced to become a child soldier by the Mujahideen and spent the better part of a decade fighting. Of course because of where I live everyone thinks they're a bunch of greedy foreigners with no loyalty to America. I already liked all of them, but now I an immense amount of respect for all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

macleodman2 wrote:
I just had a really great, and very very sad conversation with the three guys from Afghanistan that own the gas station here in town. One of the guys had his entire family executed when he was 15. He's taken a big liking to my family, and tonight he told me it was because my dad reminds him a lot of his father, and I remind him of his brother. One of the others had the same thing happen to him during the Russian invasion, but he was forced to become a child soldier by the Mujahideen and spent the better part of a decade fighting. Of course because of where I live everyone thinks they're a bunch of greedy foreigners with no loyalty to America. I already liked all of them, but now I an immense amount of respect for all of them.

That's cool that you have the chance to meet some 'real' people. Hopefully you guys can bring their lives a bit joy. Our country really has no idea what it's like in those other places.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm really glad The Lego Movie is supposed to be good. Not just good, but great. I might end up seeing it tomorrow. Depends on if the snow has melted a bit, and what my little brother wants to go see. I'm afraid he'll want to see I,Frankenstein which looks terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:30 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: good luck with that!

Lego Movie: I've heard that it has really high ratings.

Being a bum today.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 86 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 100  Next