Change font size
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:30 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 84 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:34 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

macleodman2 wrote:
I know an electric care that Bio would love to have. The White Zombie. Fastest electric car in the world. Something interesting about electric motors is that they can generate more torque than any gas powered engine, which is why the White Zombie has such insane acceleration. It looks extremely unassuming and normal, but it utterly wrecks almost anything that goes against it on the quarter mile.

Wow. That's a beast.
sentinal133 wrote:
I would like to say, though, because it might sound like, but I'm not opposed to electric or hybrid cars, just as long as they're done right. Meaning not the XL-1.

It may be useless, but it still looks cool. Like the 2014 Weinermobile and the Weinermobile Jr.
The older Weinermobile stopped by the local grocery store two years ago and was selling hot dogs with fixings for a really good price. I wanted to get one with relish along with a pic but my (very) old father was feeling selfish and gorged on pickle wraps and then slept like a baby on the couch whilst the TV blared weekend afternoon programs. I turned the TV off hoping he wouldn't be disturbed sleeping so we could go to the store later, but weird enough, he woke up and threw a fit because I turned off a TV that was turned up to 37/50.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:22 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:
I know an electric care that Bio would love to have. The White Zombie. Fastest electric car in the world. Something interesting about electric motors is that they can generate more torque than any gas powered engine, which is why the White Zombie has such insane acceleration. It looks extremely unassuming and normal, but it utterly wrecks almost anything that goes against it on the quarter mile.

Sorry but no. A sub 10 second car is impressive but beatable.

This (E36 BMW making 850lb of torque) is another example of a pretty sweet electric car. I'm not against electric vehicles persay but I would never drive one. It's just not the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@S133: I think a device like the one Wren is talking about goes near the wheel.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Editing a manuscript for my daughter ... now, now I remember why I'm Not a reader.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Post of the day!
Dear Diary, :9
Today I went to the gym. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I can run on a treadmill for 30 minutes until I ache all over, and somehow close my eyes and move beyond my exhaustion. For my weight I'm pretty strong.
The bad news is that my arms aren't nearly as strong as my legs. My triceps are rather small, but they can lift at least 50 pounds. However, my biceps are trash and shake about at 20 pounds. There were lots of crabby old women there, they all had an expression of being vexed; not the deeply annoyed kind, more like the 'here we go again" kind. Clearly they weren't exited to lose a few pounds and fit into their skinny jeans for another month.
At least I had fun. I burned about 300 calories, but I consumed a double bacon burger with a small order of fries and a small tea, along with a small bottle of G2 and a single scoop of Oregon Blackberry ice cream (Oops, it's "custard". Bah! |D ).
I am now exactly 5 feet 1 inch, same height as my bro who is a year and a half older! I love sudden growth spurts. We have the same stride and all that, but he's flimsy skinny at 150 lbs or so. I'm 200. I am blessed to have my father's fat gene, while my brother is the freak that can eat the 12 patty fatburger at the Heart Attack Grill and only gain a couple pounds. I eat ONE bag of Combos and two rolls merge. Sorry for being graphic with my words 8B .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I never made it 5'2", so ...

Finished the final edit if my daughter eBook manuscript!!!!
Now, back to the painful work on my tablet ... woohoo

Hey, does anyone know how to make a solid Lego sphere?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

minfigCharmed wrote:
I never made it 5'2", so ...

Finished the final edit if my daughter eBook manuscript!!!!
Now, back to the painful work on my tablet ... woohoo

Hey, does anyone know how to make a solid Lego sphere?

Without any straight angles?
Umm... No. For a perfectly smooth LEGO sphere you'd need to use the part in the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom set (the boulder) or the BIONICLE launchable ball (zamor sphere). For one with straight angles (but nonetheless sphere shaped), there are plenty of instruction videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv1kzeHcJJ4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Man, I'm just getting into Pandora, and man is it awesome. I freaking love their rockabilly station. I've discovered all sorts of new songs I now have in my favorites of all time, like Tallahassee Lassie by Freddy Cannon. I've also discovered Johnny Ace and the Flamin' Groovies thanks to Pandora. B)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:16 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napo: :o)

WrenV: that is a good idea; if I can't get the other to work. I need to make a partial sphere, I'll have to see what I can do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Man I love Louie. That show is made for me. Constantly alternating between dark comedy and extremely awkward situations. It's great.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 84 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 100  Next