Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:44 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 78 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:45 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: Sweet!

@S133: what I was told ... was to take them off, smooth out the connection points, and then have a 3 color approach. 1) base, 2) a shadow, 3) a high lite. you can use a basic application of your main color ... than use thin layers of black or Grey, or white or cream ... apply them to give the 3D effects. you can dry brush the edges with a metallic for cool effects too.
My son Wes used to have Warhammer game pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:06 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Wow. Jose Canseco is in advertisements for testosterone supplements... Just wow.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:13 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Working on a couple of people faces for another of my oldest daught's books.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:28 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

/boredom post

Yes, guys, I was born in the wrong era. :9 But yep, that's how I dress every day, going to work, going to the store, to the movies, etc. Girls like actually love it, believe it or not. ;9

macleodman2 wrote:
Wow. Jose Canseco is in advertisements for testosterone supplements... Just wow.

LOL! I saw that, too. How low the mighty have fallen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:09 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, I decided to get myself Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, the Full Monty edition (the one that has all 4 expansions), and so I've been playing Dark Crusade as TEH SPESS MEHREENS! Nothing like blasting the enemies of teh Emprah to bloody chunks with my unstoppable army.

Of course, I'm playing on easy (mainly because I'm not used to this style of real-time strategy, but I'm learning fast), and I find the single player campaign really intriguing: It's almost like a non-buggy version of Total War (where the Real time elements actually work worth a crap) or risk combined with Sudden Strike (Ukranian-made WWII RTS): Basically each faction starts controlling several provinces on a global map, like risk, and each province has its own bonuses and number of Requisition points its worth per turn (also like Risk), and you can choose which provinces to move your army to or attack on your "turn", then you go into the RTS mode when you attack an enemy province (or choose to fight instead of auto-resolve when defending from enemy attacks on their turn).

Anyways, I love the non-linearity of it, not to mention that the effort spent properly building up multiple bases with good defense is not wasted: Any bases you built will still be there if you have to defend one of your provinces against enemy attack (since I build stupidly well-defended bases, I've been able to almost effortlessly repel enemy assaults that were vastly superior to what I had available in the province initially).

So far, I wiped out (in the following order) the Craftworld Eldar, the Necrons, Chaos, the Imperial Guard (yes, this is one of those scenarios where the Spess Mehreens are fighting the Imperial Guard, due to conflicting orders), and the Orks finished off the Tau while I was mopping the floor with the Imperial Guard, so now it's just down to me and the Orks, and so far the Orks haven't been doing too well against me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo: nice, nice pic too

@Hikaro: I need to get back and finish that game ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Well, I decided to get myself Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, the Full Monty edition (the one that has all 4 expansions), and so I've been playing Dark Crusade as TEH SPESS MEHREENS! Nothing like blasting the enemies of teh Emprah to bloody chunks with my unstoppable army.

Where might I go about acquiring such a game?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So for christmas I bought myself another smaller supercharger pulley... And it's awesome.
Image Stock 3.8", 3.5", 3.3" (current)

Also my brother finally got his car all fixed up. So we went and took some pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: Nice!!

@S133: I bought mine as a digital download via Amazon, but mine is only Dawn of War and Chaos Rising.
I do need to get back to those and finish them.

Also: new Power Assault Commando packs in the BF Store!! Orange, with a white stripe, Yellow with Black, and Med Blue ... and yes, I bought some before they're all gone. I really need to make a new MOC to showoff my PACs in action!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:12 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

sentinal133 wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:

Where might I go about acquiring such a game?

You can get the Dawn of War Complete Edition at GamersGate for $29.96 (on sale until Jan 6 or something like that, regularly $39.95)....

Speaking of the Brickforge "Powered Assault Commando" armor, I just realized that the body armor, along with the modern tactical helmet (with certain add-ons) would be PERFECT for making LEGO Imperial Guard troops (now I just need to get some tank treads so I can make a Leman Russ tank XD)...

I'm thinking about checking out Soulstorm when I get finished kicking the Orcs off Kronus... I'm going to see if I can (ab)use the army painter tool to make the Sisters of Battle all pink and sparkly. X)

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 78 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next