Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 72 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Gecko wrote:
Hello all you beautiful maniacs. What is going on? Long time no see.

~G

well hello there SIR Gecko, nice seeing you pass through!

@Mac: yeah, make sure you wear a hat to keep your bead warm.

@Napo: nice!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:47 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Bio: Oh, the irony!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

So, I spent my weekend on my couch ... not fun, hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

edit: one thing about people working or being in school ... it keeps the convos to a dull roar ...

Rooaarrr! Grrr, grrr, grrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. I had a good time with my family, despite the fact that both my father and father-in-law managed to both get sick over the holiday....

Also, I just found out in the local paper that my favorite Army-surplus store just got busted for knowingly buying stolen military property swiped from Camp Lejeune... And the owners seemed like decent enough people to me... I guess that just goes to show you can't trust anybody these days. (Thankfully I haven't bought anything there in over 5 years, so I should be safe).

Anyways, I've been playing a lot of Soul Calibur V, and messing around with the custom character creation. Even came up with a custom "Spess Mehreen" character (I had to call him "Spess Mereen" because the 'h' would have made the name too long):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgTGxUVS ... EW-ShdWi0w

Edit: About the Fast and Furious guy's death, I just hope that this at least serves as a good object lesson to the kinds of people "inspired" by his movies, not that they're likely to learn anything from this... I had to deal with a bunch of Fast & Furious wannabe ricer kids when I was working for Hirschmann... Of the four who worked there who were in the "Red Line" club of theirs, all but one had lost their licenses for driving over 100Mph on I-81 within a year...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I think for my next birthday I'm going to commission a grape hippo cake.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Edit: About the Fast and Furious guy's death, I just hope that this at least serves as a good object lesson to the kinds of people "inspired" by his movies, not that they're likely to learn anything from this... I had to deal with a bunch of Fast & Furious wannabe ricer kids when I was working for Hirschmann... Of the four who worked there who were in the "Red Line" club of theirs, all but one had lost their licenses for driving over 100Mph on I-81 within a year...

Two sides to the coin. Paul Walker was actually a good guy, he was on his way to a charity he started for typhoons in the Phillipines. He released this video a little while before his death. He's pretty much what started my interest in cars, tuning, and racing.. Although I do it in a more responsible way then most, you won't see me go to Autozone and buy a $30 spoiler for a honda civic. I'll research the vehicle I have, find out what does what, and go from there... That's why my car has stainless steel shorty headers (for torque), one step colder spark plugs (fights supercharger knock retard), a smaller supercharger pulley (Spins up supercharger faster, more boost, only safe to do so after you do supporting mods like the plugs), a tuned PCM that adjusted all of my automatic transmissions shift points raising it from 5,500rpm to 6,000rpm and shifts more aggressively at full throttle, a colder thermostat that helps keep the engine cooler, an exhaust utilizing straight through mufflers for more exhaust flow. Also, not everyone who was inspired by him is an idiot ricer who tries to race everything at every stoplight. A lot of us are responsible, only racing where no one but ourselves are going to possibly get hurt. Whenever I want to race someone I convince them to follow me to an open road where there's almost any traffic, and we have one of my buddies go up the road aways and stay on call so they can warn us if any traffic is coming.
Paul Walker wasn't even the one driving the vehicle, and even then the Porsche Carerra they were in is a super hard to handle car. Even the Stig from Top Gear had a hard time controlling it. That said, the driver probably shouldn't have been going as fast as he was around the corner, I'm not saying it's completely the cars fault.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:

Two sides to the coin. Paul Walker was actually a good guy, he was on his way to a charity he started for typhoons in the Phillipines. He released this video a little while before his death. He's pretty much what started my interest in cars, tuning, and racing.. Although I do it in a more responsible way then most, you won't see me go to Autozone and buy a $30 spoiler for a honda civic. I'll research the vehicle I have, find out what does what, and go from there... That's why my car has stainless steel shorty headers (for torque), one step colder spark plugs (fights supercharger knock retard), a smaller supercharger pulley (Spins up supercharger faster, more boost, only safe to do so after you do supporting mods like the plugs), a tuned PCM that adjusted all of my automatic transmissions shift points raising it from 5,500rpm to 6,000rpm and shifts more aggressively at full throttle, a colder thermostat that helps keep the engine cooler, an exhaust utilizing straight through mufflers for more exhaust flow. Also, not everyone who was inspired by him is an idiot ricer who tries to race everything at every stoplight. A lot of us are responsible, only racing where no one but ourselves are going to possibly get hurt. Whenever I want to race someone I convince them to follow me to an open road where there's almost any traffic, and we have one of my buddies go up the road aways and stay on call so they can warn us if any traffic is coming.
Paul Walker wasn't even the one driving the vehicle, and even then the Porsche Carerra they were in is a super hard to handle car. Even the Stig from Top Gear had a hard time controlling it. That said, the driver probably shouldn't have been going as fast as he was around the corner, I'm not saying it's completely the cars fault.

This, just...All of this.

So by Porsche Carerra, do you mean the Carerra GT?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:54 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Bio: I guess it's probably down to differences in location, but where I live is basically on the overlap of NASCAR country (the Poconos Speedway is about 3 Hours North of where I live) and the NHRA Drag Racing scene. Therefore it should come as no surprise that I could name at least 2 drag strips and 3 dirt tracks within 45 minute's drive from my house without even thinking too hard, and I'm not even into that kind of thing (one of my second cousins was a local dirt-track stock car racing legend, though), so you'll find all the serious car tuners like yourself either running late-models or modifieds at one of the local dirt tracks or racing at the local drag strip on the weekends (one of the drag strips lets anyone enter for a nominal fee, and grants handicaps based on the car's overall performance stats to make the races more interesting... Not much prize money, but it's mostly for bragging rights anyways). Therefore, the only people you'll usually find street racing are the ricer f-tards, and everybody, from the stock car drivers to the rat-rodders down to the sprint car drivers tend to look down on street-racers for being a bunch of irresponsible jerks who give all street car modders a bad name.

Now if we didn't have so many legit ways for the speed freaks to blow off some steam, and a cadre of somewhat responsible street racers, my and most other people's opinions in the area would be different. Most of the folks at work pretty much mirrored the sentiment of my previous post when we were talking about the accident, including one guy who drives a sprint car on the weekends and another who's a rat-rodder... I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk, but at least you see where I'm coming from here: Ii.e. the F&F wannabe ricers constantly causing accidents on the interstate that I happen to drive up at least about once a week to visit my wife's family and that my wife drives on every day to go to work, and them not having any real excuse for that crap since they can take it to the local drag strip or dirt track if they want to drive like crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Bio: I guess it's probably down to differences in location, but where I live is basically on the overlap of NASCAR country (the Poconos Speedway is about 3 Hours North of where I live) and the NHRA Drag Racing scene. Therefore it should come as no surprise that I could name at least 2 drag strips and 3 dirt tracks within 45 minute's drive from my house without even thinking too hard, and I'm not even into that kind of thing (one of my second cousins was a local dirt-track stock car racing legend, though), so you'll find all the serious car tuners like yourself either running late-models or modifieds at one of the local dirt tracks or racing at the local drag strip on the weekends (one of the drag strips lets anyone enter for a nominal fee, and grants handicaps based on the car's overall performance stats to make the races more interesting... Not much prize money, but it's mostly for bragging rights anyways). Therefore, the only people you'll usually find street racing are the ricer f-tards, and everybody, from the stock car drivers to the rat-rodders down to the sprint car drivers tend to look down on street-racers for being a bunch of irresponsible jerks who give all street car modders a bad name.

Now if we didn't have so many legit ways for the speed freaks to blow off some steam, and a cadre of somewhat responsible street racers, my and most other people's opinions in the area would be different. Most of the folks at work pretty much mirrored the sentiment of my previous post when we were talking about the accident, including one guy who drives a sprint car on the weekends and another who's a rat-rodder... I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk, but at least you see where I'm coming from here: Ii.e. the F&F wannabe ricers constantly causing accidents on the interstate that I happen to drive up at least about once a week to visit my wife's family and that my wife drives on every day to go to work, and them not having any real excuse for that crap since they can take it to the local drag strip or dirt track if they want to drive like crazy.

I don't think you cam off like a jerk. We ALL hate the ricers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hikaro: glad you had a good holiday, sorry about the sick folks ...

So I'm looking into getting a new router, we think it might be the final hurdle in getting our net fully functional. Our 360s are good, the PCs are not, kind of weird.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 72 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next