Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 69 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Post people! :9 I literally have nothing of import or interest to say, but I'm sure someone does.

@MC: Cool! You're amazing at that stuff. I just simply can't make my own minifig stuff. The most I ever did was create a minifig pencil out of a piece of plastic. It took me probably two hours to get it looking right, and I kept cutting myself with my blade. :9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:54 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
Post people! :9 I literally have nothing of import or interest to say, but I'm sure someone does.

I built a Dodge Challenger model, by AMT. Not too fond of their level of quality, but I can't complain for a $15 model.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:09 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:

I was able to find a knife on eBay that I have wanted for years and normally costs over $300 for $170+shipping. It should be here today. I am super excited.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Machetero: Nice find!!

@S133: models are sweet, my dad started with the cars and grew into building model planes, planes with engines, and his last sweet build was a remote control plane. Keep it up S133!

@Napo: I am a creator individual, its a disease ... trust me ...

Speaking of Destiny: for the folks who will be interested in the game, but are keeping their faithful gaming platforms (like I am) there are some 'gamer friendly' groups forming on the Bungie site ... PS3 and xb360. If you're interested I can give you a heads up on them. Of course, they're also deep in a 'troll' & 'entitlement bent' console war ... be wary if you visit right now. I'm there under my xbx gt: Mumz Opt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:

I'm fed up with this crappy job where I work on a roof in 20 degree weather with 30mph winds and don't get paid enough to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I had a 5 or 6 hour fiasco yesterday that almost ended in a huge disaster. My front case fan on my computer doesn't want to start, so for the past 2 months, I've have to manually start it by opening the side panel and using a Lego piece (the big long rod,tube pieces) to kick start it. I finally got fed up with it and tried to see if I could clean it up. I thought I had some WD40, but all I had was this other stuff that says it's a lubricant, but is not for plastic. I wisely decided not to use it. However I cleaned all the dust as best I could with cotton balls and rubbing alcohol. The rest of the inside needed cleaning too, and that's where all the trouble began. I saw the CPU fan was really dirty, so I saw how to take it off.....then I couldn't get it back on. So I thought if I moved the graphics card, I could figure it out better, I couldn't get that out all the way and then couldn't get that back in. By then I was really frustrated and angry. I pulled on the card and one of the transistors/conductors was bent pretty bad. I tried fixing it and it popped off. The pins were not broke. You see the snowballing that happened. After a phone call to my friend I tried to get the transistor/conductor (not really sure what it is) back on and managed to get it on a little. After that, I took even more stuff off, namely the motherboard. I figured how to get the CPU fan and graphics card back on. Once I started the comp, my times were reset. Another phone call to fix that and here I am.

Short version: Don't take your computer apart unless you know exactly how to get it back together.

Built another 22 x 22 last night. Working on the finishing touches. My hint to you is.....It Rocks!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Quickblade wrote:
Short version: Don't take your computer apart unless you know exactly how to get it back together.

Only way to know how to put something together is to take it apart! That's...probably not the best ideal, is it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
Quickblade wrote:

Only way to know how to put something together is to take it apart! That's...probably not the best ideal, is it?

how true!!

@Bio: so sorry

@QBlade: ooo, music related eh? or very large boulders ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:16 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I very much enjoy the looks I get when my car beats this car in a race... It's such a surprised '...no way that just happened' sort of look.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:21 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: nice!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 69 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 100  Next