Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 66 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:26 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

@machetero, did you notice the BrickForge pin next to the mockingjay pin? ;)

@Napoleon: Nice! BTW, the insignia above the US (the one that is an optical rangefinder between two lightning bolts) is the actual insignia for my rating (job) in the Navy.

@MinifigCharmed: I think I saw something about that on the forums, but as a general rule, I don't usually use texture packs (aside from a resource pack I've used off and on to turn the Testificate villagers into cute anime girls). I have Minecraft on the PC, and I've got an idea for a modpack that should (hopefully) be fairly simple to make and add. I'm going to call it "Light Industry" and its sorta like Industrialcraft II, but much more basic and doesn't add anything to terrain generation (except dungeon loot, but that's not a huge deal) so you can just drop it into a pre-existing world without having to re-generate terrain or anything like that. I'd also like to make it as a stand-alone add-on for Machine Muse's Modular power suits (and I plan on using a lot of the same items/item IDs for various materials).

The blocks and items I'd like to add are: Electric Kiln (functions the same as a furnace but uses MPS electric power), Ore Crusher (functions like the Macerator in IC2 and Pulverizer in Thermal Expansion, but is made from components made using vanilla ingredients, but long story short, it gives you 2x dust for Iron and Gold ores and 2x the base yield of other ore blocks that normally drop items, i.e. running diamond ore through it gives you 2 diamonds, guaranteed), Basic Generator (functions like the generator in IC2 and burns all types of fuel that can be used in a furnace to create MPS electric power), Solar Array (functions similar to the solar panels in IC2 or Red Power, but is made from vanilla components or components that are made from vanilla components and much more powerful and expensive... my idea was to have 3x daylight detectors, MV capacitor from MPS, 2x wiring, again to be interchangeable with MPS, 3 stone slabs and 1 Circuit board), as well as low, medium and high capacity condenser arrays (made using the MPS LV, MV and HV capacitors and other ingredients). Some additional items would most likely be some basic power tools (i.e. power drill, chainsaw, etc) along with some misc components and items (i.e. Bio-fuel pellets made by combining 9 sugar cane or 4 hay bales & can smelt 4 items each in the furnace or produce half the power a piece of coal or charcoal can produce in the generator)...

Of course, I'm going to have to learn Java and how to mod stuff first, but I may be able to commission my one friend from the Navy who knows how to program Java to work on the code for me, while I concentrate on the graphical end (the best part is that I won't be needed any new 3d models, since most of my stuff will either be basic textured blocks....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Hikaro: Anime pack? What's it called? Also, if you do make that mod pack, I'd love a link. FTB and Tekkit a little overwhelming, but vanilla MC has gotten boring. Have you tried microblocks? That's a really cool mod for adding extra detail to you structures.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I got Assassin's Creed 4, guys! :|~ I've been playing it for hours. I love it so much. :D

@Hikaro: Sweet! It's definitely an awesome looking insignia. I need to collect more of those.

Also, guys, a guy I know at work just up and gave me a couple Chinese Imperial coins. They're made out of silver. :D They're from at least before 1912.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Hi all! Back in the states for a few days. My uncle (fathers sisters husband) has stage four glioblastoma multiform cancer on his brain that grew to golf ball size in less than 7 weeks. So I'm helping with his final wishes and that stuff.

FINALLY got my Star Patrol order. Wow it bounced around a bit before getting to me. Went for the whole team thing. A lot of cool accessories in those.

Spending way too much time watching tv or playing Minecraft when there's no work to do.

Got a new set of legs and have been enjoying riding around with one of the kids (or grandkids) in my 1957 Daihatsu Midget. :) Throw the fold up wheelchair and someone in the back and off you go.

As part of my job I got to see part of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. What a mess. My heart goes out to the guys that have to work there everyday.

So how is everyone else doing lately?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: that sounds great

@Napo: AC4 looks amazing, the graphics engines should produce some really beautiful environments.

@Arcanamachi: great to hear from you, and to known you're doing well.
The Star Patrol set IS a great group of accessories!
Sorry to hear about the family issues, at least you're able to help out. :o)
And yes, that power plant stuff has got to be really bad, stay safe.

Me: my postal job is now down to 1/3 of the hours I started with at the beginning of this year. Its making things 'challenging'.
Working on winter scene for the holidays while I plan out my 'hobbit' build. Also, trying to work on my minfig art and a little with stop-motion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Arcan: Hi there! Always nice to see old BF faces pop up.

@MC: Bingo. I wasn't half as excited for AC Black Flag as I was for AC III, but now that I have it I'm geeking out. It's so beautiful it's amazing. I'm so pumped I went out and bought a McFarlane-brand Connor action figure today and put it on my AC shelf. Edward is next, along with Benjamin Hornigold. :|~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I had an awesome night. Got into a cruise with about 20 cars, everything from Nissan 240's to Corvette Z06s to Acuras. Pretty awesome. Went all the way around Lincoln. Then had some drag racing action.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:11 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Napo: I didn't like AC III all that much. Connor just seemed like a generic mopey protagonist. I am interested in Black Flag though. The naval battles in III were fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: Nice

@Napo: I watched their vidoc on the water, weather, and lighting ... amazing.

Received my first general gracious minfig yesterday. I'm a little disappointed at his size, I thought he was taller. Today I'll make some homemade molding clay so I can begin transforming him into a Fallen.
And so it begins ... do a lil' dance ...
:o)

and ...
Thank You Veterans, for your sacrifice and service to our country!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:22 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Indeed, MC. At work today at Walmart, there was a WWII veteran sitting on a bench all alone, hooked up to oxygen. I had the honor to thank him for his service and shook his hand. You could tell he was visibly moved and totally shocked by the fact a young person (or any person, really, what with all the unappreciative jerks nowadays) showed some common respect and care about what he had done for others seventy years ago, even on veterans' day (it's not just about grills and mattresses). I actually almost cried as I walked away, and I don't even really know why. I'll always remember that one guy. He's the only WWII vet I've seen or know about in my whole town. He could pass away at any time (he was in nineties at least and he was on oxygen) and I might be the last person who gets to thanks him, you never know. That's just... really... sad. :(

Wow, that's probably one of maybe three posts I've made on this site where I've been really serious or constructive. :9

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 66 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 100  Next