Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 23 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

huntmaster wrote:
Just saw a fiat 500 at the fair yesterday. Does anyone have experience with them because I was thinking of getting one.

I think they use the same engine as the dart, possibly the same base platform. I think Dodge and Chrysler, who are part of the same group as Fiat, still make durable drive trains. I don't know for sure, though, as I haven't heard much, and I've only dealt with Ford vehicles.

edit: Huh, so Xbox One won't need Kinect. What's left that was hated before?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:28 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

XbxOne is back steppin' in many areas, nice to see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
3.5" pulley, new plugs and wires, PCM tune... ...are coming in soon. Can't wait.

Wow, sounds like you're going to be having fun.
Quote:
...and downpipe...

So what exactly is a downpipe?

Yes indeed I will.
You have your headers, which merge into collectors, which goes to the downpipe. Downpipe is what the catalytic convertor hooks up to, and then the rest of your tail pipe hooks up to that.

Eventually I wanna get some headers, a full catback exhaust, and some suspension upgrades.

@Fiat: They're alright. They have tiny engines (I think the biggest they come in is a 1.4l), get good gas mileage. Don't know anything about reliability of them. They do share the same body as the Ford... Ka? I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Oh, I saw the engine up close and it didn't seem too powerful. Im going to get a mustang gt 500 in like 10 years when I have some money.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:11 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

minfigCharmed wrote:
@AlbaVik: nice on the trip ... though I tried to look up what you actually did. Did you go to the museum or to a theater or concert?

Lol, maybe I should've clarified. It was a live performance of the Pink Floyd album "The Wall", though the largescale use of projected movies and pictures, sound effects and a changing stage (the symbolic, namesake wall is built up between the band and audience throughout the show) makes the whole thing gear more towards theatrics.

macleodman2 wrote:
Hmmm. I didn't know that salted peanuts in caramel were weird. Salty and sweet foods just go well together, but isn't tongue and blood soup really popular where you live?

They probably go well if you're used to it, but I mostly prefer to keep salt and sugar apart. As for the cooking that involves tongues, blood and other funny stuff like sheep's testicles and semi-rotten fish, you're thinking of Iceland and the Faroe Islands.
In my opinion, the farthest out food we have in Denmark is hearts, livers and the like. Though that's probably been pretty common internationally back when food was scarcer, but here it's somewhat dying out with the older populace.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:02 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
You have your headers, which merge into collectors, which goes to the downpipe. Downpipe is what the catalytic convertor hooks up to, and then the rest of your tail pipe hooks up to that.

Ah, I see. I always thought it just went straight into the main exhaust pipes, maybe with a catalytic converter in between.
Quote:
@Fiat: They're alright. They have tiny engines (I think the biggest they come in is a 1.4l), get good gas mileage. Don't know anything about reliability of them. They do share the same body as the Ford... Ka? I believe.

That's what it was, I knew it shared the platform with something. Yes, definitely the Ka.
Quote:
Eventually I wanna get some headers, a full catback exhaust, and some suspension upgrades.

Yeah. I probably wouldn't be able to get away with relatively minor modifications like that on my Ranchero. I actually want to do a lot of work on it, mainly bringing its systems up to par with the modern Ford V8s, including uping the compression ratio, preferably to at least 10:1, and converting it to EFI and overhead cams.
huntmaster wrote:
Oh, I saw the engine up close and it didn't seem too powerful. Im going to get a mustang gt 500 in like 10 years when I have some money.

5.4 or 5.8 version?
AlbaVik wrote:
In my opinion, the farthest out food we have in Denmark is hearts, livers and the like.

Dude, livers and hearts are delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah. I probably wouldn't be able to get away with relatively minor modifications like that on my Ranchero. I actually want to do a lot of work on it, mainly bringing its systems up to par with the modern Ford V8s, including uping the compression ratio, preferably to at least 10:1, and converting it to EFI and overhead cams.

Oh. If we're talking long term, I want to get a vs cam, better injectors, methanol injection, intercooler, an even smaller pulley (3.0, probably) once I can run one without knock retard. I also wanna get an SD kit (Hood/Front air dam) and some different rims.
I can already keep up with/beat 90's/early 2000's 5.0/4.6l Mustangs. Not Cobras or anything fancy but just your basic GT.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
I can already keep up with/beat 90's/early 2000's 5.0/4.6l Mustangs. Not Cobras or anything fancy but just your basic GT.

Yeah, I've heard that those years weren't the quickest. As for rims, I rather like my current ones, but they're in rough shape, I might just replace them anyways with some wider rims. Also, that' a pretty sharp body kit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:08 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hood/Air dam will set me back about $850... Haha. But it looks so good. I'm not sure what kind of rims I want... I just know black, or black/aluminum. Probably something like this, this, or this

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

AlbaVik wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:
@AlbaVik: nice on the trip ... though I tried to look up what you actually did. Did you go to the museum or to a theater or concert?

Lol, maybe I should've clarified. It was a live performance of the Pink Floyd album "The Wall", though the largescale use of projected movies and pictures, sound effects and a changing stage (the symbolic, namesake wall is built up between the band and audience throughout the show) makes the whole thing gear more towards theatrics.

Ah, alrighty; that was my first thought, but then I wasn't sure.
It seems weird to me that the world still listens to the groups of my gen ...

Don't know if I said I received my BF order!! I'm hoping to have time beginning of next week to do more work on my Destiny Huntress ... so jazzed.
This week is working with more photos, and then I'm following some online stuff to help me refine and process working with digital art.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 23 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 100  Next