Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 68 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:47 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I thought it was 6:11 PM that it was supposed to happen. Well, on the bright side, I still have things to look forward to. Hopefully resetting the router is the answer to my internet problems. So far so good. I hope to finish up Christmas shopping and my secret project (which is unrelated) today and tomorrow. Going to see what my work schedule is for Christmas Eve and Day tonight. If I survive through Christmas, I can plan on a few things like spending some Christmas money and opening my BL store so I can make money to buy more Lego and custom pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I feel you guys on the internet.
We got a bunch of snow and my cables froze, so I have no internet. Well, in my room. The internet works everywhere else |U

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:43 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

The weather didn't seem to do any damage with our internet but there was a light dusting of snow on the ground, which makes me very unhappy. I can deal with no internet (yay smartphone!), or junk connectivity, but there is no escape from the cold. It's more or less my own personal Mayan apocalypse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

We had to drive home in crap loads of snow, saw a semi in the ditch, plus 6-7 other cars in ditches, and a big pile up of semis on the side of the road. We crossed the Mackinac Bridge in the weather yesterday, and my driver thought it would be a good idea to open the window in the middle of the bridge. It was simultaneously the most amazing and dumbest thing I've ever seen. However, here at home we've got nothing in terms of snow and it's making me sad.

Internet is alright, although slower than I'm used to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Internet is back.

And, I'll just leave this here.

Back to halo while my internet lasts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Oh my God. I just realized that I grew up when Britney Spears was a superstar. I don't like this new generation. Back in my day pop idols were attractive women, and now all those darn young un's have effeminate men instead. Hilariously contradictory considering that I also grew up during the whole Back Street Boys and NSYNC thing as well. Wow. I remember when Burger King had the Back Street Boys as their promotional toys for awhile. I was not pleased with that kids meal at all. Oh, and how did I not know that they were bringing Furbies back? That's so weird to me. I had a Furbie once. We got rid of it because it turned out to be absolutely horrifying.

Almost forgot. I'm gearing up for surgery number 6. Have to go get my leg cleaned out because I have a medieval mace for a leg that tears up any living tissue that gets near it. Hopefully this will be the last one before I get a real hip replacement. When I do get my hip replaced I'm going to ask to keep the bone and have a cane made out of it if I can. They actually asked if I wanted to keep all the metal stuff that was in my leg last time, but I opted to have it sterilized so that they could reuse it.

Huh. I just did some research. My brothers disease gives him advanced bone age, and my disease has delayed bone age. His occurs in about 1 in 14,000 births and is not passed on genetically. Mine occurs in about 1 in 12,000 children and is also not passed on genetically. It's kind of BS that we both got screwed over by a completely random unpredictable birth defect. Apparently some higher power despises my family. Probably not though. This was really interesting to read about. Did I mention that the man that discovered my disease was friends with the man who discovered my brothers?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Effeminate men? Don't you dare mock Justin Beeybyer! He's... well, yeah, okay, he's a sissy I could beat the living daylights out of with a spoon. :9 Britney was okay. Anne Hathaway is my ideal now. =|

Furbies are indeed horrifying. I played with them when I was little, but now I want to run away when I see them. You should watch "Furbie Gangnam Style" on YT; the random thing it did at the end made me jump out if my chair.

A cane made out of your own bone? Ewwwwwwww. :9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:21 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So, I was bored and busted out Saints Row III again. Ah, the hilarity that ensues running around as a custom Hitler. |D I even gave him a tan dress trenchcoat suit. And a zombie voice. ;9

EDIT: Now Zombie Hitler is running around with Ninjas and using a chainsaw. X)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: that's crazy
hope your surgery goes well, when you have it

@hawkxs: glad you guys made it home safe

@QBlade: I'm looking at opening something art related on the net ... maybe sell digital copies?? My oldest daught thinks it would work ...

Also, looks like my job will be going parttime in March ... thus planning towards doing something to makeup part of what I'll lose ... not many job options out here where I live ...
of course, with my sucky internet I'm hesitant about being reliant on the net for money ...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Boy was I wrong on my last post about the internet working. 8o The phone guy came today and said it was because we had our DSL running to 5 lines and causing interference. We've had it for 4 years and never had this problem. Hopefully it will make our net run faster, and I'm thrilled that he came out today instead on Monday like we thought he would.

Finished my Christmas shopping and so happy my daughter went with me. Without her, I bet I would have gotten something not so great for my wife. Saw my Schedule and I am off both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :). I have to work on the 26th, which I normally wouldn't have to, but I need the money, so I can't complain. Not looking forward to the epic fight I might be having with my sister very soon. Oh, and after I finish up my secret project, I will be finally playing The Old Republic. Hoping to get that finished today. The plan was to finish on the 22nd (there's that number again), but I've got until the end of the month, so iif it doesn't happen today, no big loss.

This is a bit early, but I dunno how busy I'll get, so enjoy.

There's a new Grinch in town. Merry Christmas, you filthy animal.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 68 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 100  Next