Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 63 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

That is so sad what happened in CT. It's kinda interesting though that with that whole big deal, nobody mentioned the 22 Chinese school children knifed to death that same day. It's not about guns, it's about sick people, you can't legislate good behavior, mental health, and morals. I say a gun or taser in every classroom in the answer, with that watch ID needed to shoot deal.

@HM: Perhaps take the Ebay or PaB route.

Saw the Hobbit yesterday, it was good, but there were so many book inaccuracies and too much action. I swear it was like one of the D&D campaigns where the third of my triplet friends DMs, but with a lot less petty theft and kidnapping.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Going to see the Hobbit tomorrow around 6. :D

The new fireplace was used last night and it was really cool. The Fire Glo Gel has something in it that makes the fire crackle and pop like a real fire should. The new 40 inch flat screen on it doesn't hurt either ;). My wife is very happy with it and that's what really counts.

@ shootings again - The media loves these types of things. They are sick and twisted. They glorify the killers, exploit the victims, and can't wait until the "next time" that they help perpetuate with their "story telling". You can hear how "disappointed" they are that the killer is dead, because they can get any answers (ie, prolong the story). Meanwhile, there will be the ignorant calling for "gun control". People will look for answers about how this could happen, they'll question someone they claim to not believe in or have lost faith in, and then they'll turn a deaf ear to the real answers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:41 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@SM: The book inaccuracies weren't that bad, and there really wasn't that much action. Like 80% of the movie is exposition and then last bit is action. It's completely justified as well. People would have freaked out if they glossed over the escape from the goblins in the Misty Mountains. What did piss me off was how they changed the part with the trolls for absolutely no reason at all. Other than that I think most of the changes were justified as it created a better moving going experience. Personally I wouldn't actually want to see it if they followed the book word for word. Then there wouldn't be anything new. I would go see the first one to see the character designs and the setting, but after that what would be the point? You would know exactly what was going to happen. I still think it would have been better if del Toro had stayed on as director. I prefer his directing style to Jacksons. I also prefer del Toro's art style. You also have to admit that the part with Gollum was pretty dang good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hey guys, how's life? :D I just saw the Hobbit today, and it was a pretty great movie. There were about 20 minutes worth of previews, and 5 alien invasion movies that all seemed a little too cliche. The only one that really excited me was the Lone Ranger (which I am also eagerly anticipating the Lego sets as well).

Anyways, expect me to be a little bit more active after finals this week: it has been to long without frequently checking all of the forums.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Just saw the Hobbit.
It was pretty awesome and made my day slightly better. However we shall see how the rest of my evening goes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

World War I: "The War to End All Wars"
World War II: "The War to Unequivocally Prove That Statement Wrong"
Cracked you've done it again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So I just went outside to cut apart some milk jugs and bottles for stress relief. As usual I set my targets on top of my trash can and have at them.
Upon slashing target number 6 cleanly in two, I swung a little too deep and left a gouge in my trash can lid. Katana 1, Trash can 0. I AM AN UNSTOPPABLE SLAYER OF PLASTICS.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Aaaand stress sickness is back again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:38 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

No one tell me about the Hobbit. I've waited years and I can wait a couple of days or less to watch it.

@Baylego: Hey, bro! 'Bout time you check in!

So, a Roman Catholic Church in Newtown, CT, was threatened with a bombing. I wish I could tear whoever threatened that to pieces.

@QB: Darn right. They still talk about the Batman Shooter all the time. Geraldo Rivera is the worst. "These sick, twisted, crazed, evil, demonic, uncaring, mentally off, disturbed, wrong, brain-dead schizoid psychopaths all need to face me and my sweet mustache." :9 One minute of that guy is enough to last a lifetime.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Dunno if anyone here really cares, but here's a bit of art from Bungie's next game.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 63 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 100  Next