It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 7 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Quickblade wrote:
Last night, I almost hit a deer on the way home. Was pretty nerve racking. My nerves were already shot because about an hour before that, one of the pressmen lost 3 of his fingers in the machine. I felt horrible when I heard about it. I'm glad I didn't hear when it happened. I must have seen the guy just minutes before.

Woah, that's terrible. I feel so sad for him. :( What's a pressman?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:32 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Welcome to life, where I'm always the last to find out and fairness doesn't matter.

I had a really long paragraph written out about why I am completely pissed off about this weekend and the events surrounding. Yet also happy. And depressed.
However, I will sum it up with this:
Had fun at my senior football tournament in Abilene, KS. Was a total beast at defensive line. Team got 4th place, really depressing for me.
Girlfriend is possibly moving to Omaha. Not too big of a deal, only a 45 minute drive (That I can make in 25).
My back hurts like hell, my arm hurts like hell, my thumbnail is half separated from my thumb, and I got 2 hours of sleep last night.

@QB: Holy **** that sounds scary.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
It's a guy who operates a printing press for running newspapers. This particular guy was one of the members that originally was employed by my old employer and I had met years ago. I go in to work tomorrow an hope to get an update on his condition.

Apparently about an hour ago, there was a fire at the battery plant in the town I used to work and live in. They are advising people to stay indoors (what with the weather here will be easy enough). My sister's first response to the situation was "I wonder if the chemicals will start the zombie apocalypse?"

That sucks Bio :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@CB: My dad a thumbnail like that not long ago. Not fun.

@QB: My first thought was printing press, but I didn't know if newspapers used those anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

QB: Damn! That sucks about your friend... Industrial accidents are never pretty: I used to work at a textile mill, and one night, the second shift operator got his hand crushed in the rollers for one of the tenter frames (the exact same job but a different frame from what I did), and another time when I was in the Navy, when my ship was in dry dock in San Diego, one of the yard workers on third shift fell over the railing and died....

Also, how close is this battery plant fire to Pittsburgh? Maybe I'd better call my brother up.

In unrelated news, I managed to finally get the ADU Mobile Command Center done, but I most likely won't be photographing it. My wife and I also went to the Books A Million at Colonial Park (Harrisburg) yesterday, and I used my gift card that she got last Christmas to pick up the LEGO Harry Potter Knight Bus, and my wife actually put it together all by herself! I may just make an AFOL out of her yet. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:38 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I love windows 8 rt. the fluidness is just great and the whole experience so far is great. The only problem is the app selection is low but will get better soon.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Hikaro: DUDE! DIED? I can't believe that kind of stuff happens still.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@QB: Sorry to hear about your friend. Working security in a factory that makes and bottles lotions and such I am always worried about what sort of accidents could happen. Hope you hear good (relativly?) news about him when you do. Also, sory to hear about the deer trying to give you a heart attack. I'm pretty convinced they wait out by the sides of roads and jump out in front of cars on purpose.

@BioBear: Not really sure what to say to all that. Gotta love when events cause all sorts of conflicting emotions and reactions.

@Hikaro: Glad to hear you got the COmmand Center worked out. I was able to find the Earth Defence HQ in my closest TRU but I'm debating on if I should get it or not. Before you modified it, how did you feel about the build, or the set in general?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon: Maritime professions, including the Navy, are some of the most dangerous jobs around... Don't believe me, just watch and episode of "Deadliest Catch". I still have aches from old "war" wounds I got in the Navy that had nothing to do with enemy action: One that tends to crop up during the fall and spring is my one knee will start hurting. This goes back to 2002, when I was climbing up an external ladder on the ship, when it was wet with morning dew and the non-skid coating on one of the rungs had worn off, causing my foot to slip off mid-climb. I ended up sliding down the ladder, sorta like Rob Schneider's character in "Down Periscope", but instead of my jaw, I hit that knee on every rung on the way down... Just the way things go sometimes.

Machetero: Even without my mods, the Earth Defense HQ set would have to be one of the best sets released by LEGO during 2011, and it was totally worth it! I just wish I'd have gotten it sooner. The only (minor) downside is that it could have possibly used another ADU trooper, but I already happened to have a few extra from the Alien Conquest Battle Pack.

EDIT: The LEGO Alien Conquest website's description pretty much sums it up, IMO:

“This is the Earth Defense HQ truck! It is the single most hi-tech piece of defense equipment on the face of the planet! You will respect the truck! You will keep the truck’s weapons loaded and its tank fueled up! You will polish the truck’s armor plating each and every day! When the truck saves you from alien brain-drainers – and it will – you will thank the truck sincerely! Now get on board and MOVE OUT!!!”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

HAHAHA! That discription is awesome. Yet more awesome was my brain reading it in R. Lee Ermey's voice.

I guess my biggest issues with the Earth Defense HQ is the price, the size, and the fact that a truck has very little place in my current collection, even if we take into account my BF Galaxies stuff. I do, however, love the Viper that comes in the set for a number of reasons. Guess I'm gonna have to do some LEGO soul searching on this one...

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 7 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 100  Next