Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 15 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Went to a friends wedding yesterday/last night. It was quite a bit of fun but it was four hours away so the GF and I had to drive up yesterday morning, do the wholle wedding thing, stay the night in a hotel, and then drive home this morning/afternoon so I could get to work now. It's going to be a long, cold night.
And worse yet, I didn't get to play AC3 because I was at the wedding. Played a bit when I got home before coming to work though so I should be alright until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

:o)
Every little bit is a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Quote:
This one is an old story, but worth recounting because it is so unusual. It revolves around an unusual number of coincidences that occurred between Presidents Kennedy and Lincoln in regards to their assassination. For example, both men were elected 100 years apart (Lincoln in 1860, Kennedy in 1960); they were both succeeded by Southerners named Johnson, and the two Johnsons were born 100 years apart (Andrew in 1808, Lyndon in 1908). Both assassins were born 100 years apart (Booth in 1839 and Oswald in 1939) and both died before they could be brought to trial. Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin was cornered in a warehouse, while Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin was captured in a theater. Finally, Lincoln was shot in Ford’s theater, while Kennedy was shot while riding in a Ford Lincoln, and to top it all off, Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln (Evelyn Lincoln) while Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. The list goes on from there and has been the source of considerable debate ever since.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
Quote:
This one is an old story, but worth recounting because it is so unusual. It revolves around an unusual number of coincidences that occurred between Presidents Kennedy and Lincoln in regards to their assassination. For example, both men were elected 100 years apart (Lincoln in 1860, Kennedy in 1960); they were both succeeded by Southerners named Johnson, and the two Johnsons were born 100 years apart (Andrew in 1808, Lyndon in 1908). Both assassins were born 100 years apart (Booth in 1839 and Oswald in 1939) and both died before they could be brought to trial. Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin was cornered in a warehouse, while Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin was captured in a theater. Finally, Lincoln was shot in Ford’s theater, while Kennedy was shot while riding in a Ford Lincoln, and to top it all off, Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln (Evelyn Lincoln) while Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. The list goes on from there and has been the source of considerable debate ever since.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/ ... ennedy.asp

Sorry buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:

Eh, Snopes is run by Templar. :9

I made a meme just for the occasion. |D

Last edited by Napoleon on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:21 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Speaking of... I'm just now up to the part where you get to play as Ratonhnhaké:ton and he is outside of his village. I can honestly say he is my favorite of the Assassin's so far. It had been Altair for all this time but I love the way Ratonhnhaké:ton moves and his story so far. I also very much hated Ezio and wanted him gone after one game, let alone three, so Ratonhnhaké:ton is a most welcome change.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Speaking of... I'm just now up to the part where you get to play as Ratonhnhaké:ton and he is outside of his village. I can honestly say he is my favorite of the Assassin's so far. It had been Altair for all this time but I love the way Ratonhnhaké:ton moves and his story so far. I also very much hated Ezio and wanted him gone after one game, let alone three, so Ratonhnhaké:ton is a most welcome change.

I call him Connor because I don't know how to make the squiggly mark above the e. :9

I actually liked Ezio slightly better just because he was so obnoxious and "in-your-face" awesome, like the Dos Equis guy, but Connor is epic indeed, though he's a little too down-in-the-dumps sometimes and I missed the wise-cracks. You'll be happy to know they're already thinking about making a Connor trilogy just like with Ezio.

Here's a question for you: Which do you find most challenging, the Scottish Grenadiers, or the Jaegers? My collector's guide says the Jaegers are the ultimate foes, but I think the Scots are worse. That darn counter move of theirs...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:48 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'm actually copy and pasting his name as I'm too lazy to remember how to spell it. But I always call him by that name.

I couldn't stand Ezio. Part of it was his arrogance, but there was just something else about him that made me hate him.

No idea on Scots vs Jaegers. Don't think I've fought any of them yet. I am right at the point where Ratonhnhaké:ton leaves the village/valley and wandering through the Frontier. I love the Frontier and am currently meeting/completing the Frontiersmen quests, finding the feathers, finding the viewpoints, and hunting. Honestly, it may be a long while before I progress much further.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
I'm actually copy and pasting his name as I'm too lazy to remember how to spell it. But I always call him by that name.

I couldn't stand Ezio. Part of it was his arrogance, but there was just something else about him that made me hate him.

No idea on Scots vs Jaegers. Don't think I've fought any of them yet. I am right at the point where Ratonhnhaké:ton leaves the village/valley and wandering through the Frontier. I love the Frontier and am currently meeting/completing the Frontiersmen quests, finding the feathers, finding the viewpoints, and hunting. Honestly, it may be a long while before I progress much further.

I figured. :9

Ah, well watch out for the Scots and Jaegers. I think I first encountered the Scots in the woods. They get tougher as it goes on, too.

Those feathers are hard sometimes, but Ben's missing Almanac pages are a pain in the butt. I've only caught a couple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Quote:

*cat*

Wow, you really do believe everything you read on the internet, don't you?

Napoleon wrote:
I made a meme just for the occasion. |D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 15 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 100  Next