Forum lockedPost a reply Page 111 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:08 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
AlbaVik wrote:
@Galaxies: I'm planning out some characters as well. I, too have never written nor built any sci-fi, so it'll be fun to get started on it!
Seems like many of us have jumped into Galaxies despite it being out of our comfort zone. I can't help but think that by the end of the year, we will all have expanded out skill sets.

indeed, and I like things that make me stretch and create new things (even when I feel inadequate).

Machetero wrote:
In other news, the order I made at 3am on Friday morning arrived today. I wasn't expecting it until Monday. Unlike what I said yesterday, I in fact could not have gotten it any earlier as I wasn't even awake when it was delivered. Well played, USPS and Brickforge staff, well played.

Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:53 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

I'm working on a digital coloring of my traditional drawing of Vlak that I did yesterday while also working on a sewing project and waiting for a paper cutter.. Fun Saturday afternoon. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

minfigCharmed wrote:
Machetero wrote:
AlbaVik wrote:
@Galaxies: I'm planning out some characters as well. I, too have never written nor built any sci-fi, so it'll be fun to get started on it!
Seems like many of us have jumped into Galaxies despite it being out of our comfort zone. I can't help but think that by the end of the year, we will all have expanded out skill sets.

indeed, and I like things that make me stretch and create new things (even when I feel inadequate).
Agreed. Life is all about new experiences and growth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
That's awesome about getting the order early Machetero. I'm glad that those who have joined BF Galaxies seemed so psyched about it. That's why I want more people to join and play. More people should have this much fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I just got ME3! :D Finally!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
That's awesome about getting the order early Machetero.
Yeah I was pretty excited about it late last night when I saw on the USPS website that it was already in Cinci. While I have to acknowledge that a good chunk of that is both Brickforge being all of an hour and a half north of me and the USPS being efficient for once, I also have to thank whoever is picking and packing orders at the 'Forge for getting to my order and getting it out so quick.
And on the issue of that order, with it I completely finished two minifigs (unless at some point I decide that they can be better), almost completed another (I either need a different head or to partially Brasso and paint the one I have), completed my main character for Galaxies (pictures coming soon I hope), nearly completed my companion for Galaxies (not a fan of his head, and I'm not so sure about his main weapon either), and was able to give my custom Deadpool Corps a rather full arsenal. Yay Brickforge order!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
I just got ME3! :D Finally!

Sweet! Enjoy!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I can't wait to see those characters. I have 2 that are built but need tweaked. Last night at work, I was supposed to be there til 2:30......I clocked out at 7:30 X? At one point, my "boss skills" took control and I dealt with an issue that was needed in all the chaos. My fellow employees are very lucky I was not in charge last night. Most of the issues were due to machinery breaking. I am glad I am not the maintenance guy because pretty much everyone was unhappy with him last night. I get to go back out for 9 tonight and I hope it goes better because I have no intention of a repeat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:56 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Wow...talk about a slow weekend in the MT...

@QB: Sorry to hear you had to stay an extra five hours at work. Hope tonight is going better for you. Look on the bright side, that's 5 hours extra pay. Don't know if it was worth the extra headache, but it's bound to help a bit.

Pictures of my main character were taken late last night but I feel they are all junk. My only working camera is on my phone and I don't have a real set up for photos. Need to get more/better lighting if nothing else. I'll try again tomorrow before work and see if anything better comes of it.
In the mean time, the text portion may get posted in the next few hours, unless I completly forget while at work. What I have so far is saved in my email so it's just copy+paste but we'll see.

Edit:I have decided that unless I just get too impatient, I will not be posting the text portion until the 9th. That gives me more time to hammer out kinks, as well as get pictures that I like taken. Further, it allows me to take care of some LEGO related real life stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: hope things went better

@Machetero: yeah, I have some thing posted, but need to flesh out several things still, and upgrade my main character once I get my coming BF order. It's supposed to show up today or tomorrow.

Internet: I'm still having issue with mine. It's slow, or completely off at randon ... so hope I don't miss anything important.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 111 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 200  Next