Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Ugh. Cats.

Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

AlbaVik wrote:
Awww, nice little cat Napo. Two of ours have kittens about that size right now. Little fellows are so cute when they jump on the spot and hiss and spit and believe themselves allmightily scary :9

macleodman2 wrote:
Ugh. Cats.

Kittens are awesome.

Cats are demonic.

:9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Napo: I'm talking about the species in general. I don't like them.

I have a lot to say, but I'm going to keep each item short and to the point.

- My history class mentioned Ignazio of Loyola (the founder of the Jesuits) today, but they said he was Spanish. God dammit. He was born Basque, raised Basque, and is the god damn patron saint of the Basques. Basque and Spanish is not the same thing.

- Religious observations: Catholicism teaches that God and others are constantly judging you, Protestantism teaches that God and everyone is judging you constantly, but they also teach you to judge yourself. No wonder Protestants have such a high suicide rate compared to Catholics. That and suicide is a sin for Catholics.

I'm also going to raise awareness about Martin Luther's follow up document to the "95 Edicts". He called it "99 Problems but a B***h Ain't One". Lot's of good stuff in there.

- I've expressed many times how I don't care for the history of the 17th and 18th century. I've changed my mind, but I really only have an interest in the politics. I still find wars from that period to be extremely boring except for their political implications.

- Tonight I'm getting my hair cut. I'm donating my sexy and luscious hair to cancer patients who are deprived of sexy and luscious hair.

- Machiavelli's "The Prince" is an awesome book. I'm finally getting around to reading it, and it's so delightfully ruthless in it's truth about how effective a ruthless leader can be.

I think that's it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
- My history class mentioned Ignazio of Loyola (the founder of the Jesuits) today, but they said he was Spanish. God dammit. He was born Basque, raised Basque, and is the god damn patron saint of the Basques. Basque and Spanish is not the same thing.
While it is true they are not the same thing, if he was a Basque who was born in the part of the Basque Country that is within Spain, he is still considered "Spanish". The Basque are considered an ethnic group, not a nationality. That said, I agree the class should have mentioned that he was Basque.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I have to side with the ETA on this one. They should be their own country, and I consider them an independent country. I think during Ignazio's time they were still independent anyway. Doesn't really matter, except that he's one of the most influential Catholic figures during the Protestant reformation.

Speaking of which... Saint Ignazio's day will be coming up at the end of summer. That's always really fun. There's also tons of hot chicks there. There are sooo many of them. Wish I could drink though. Drinking is a big part of the festival. Every body just gets drunk and dances to Basque music. Oh man. The chorizos a really good too. Wow. Good job spell check. Apparently to spell check chorizo is not even a word. Dang. The next Jaialdi festival isn't until 2015. That's a long way away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

While I generally side with the idea that people in that sort of position should be independent countries, the fact still remains that they aren't seen as such by "official" means, and sadly very likely never will be. So as I said earlier, I can see why your history class went the route they did, though some mention of his Basque heritage should have been mentioned.

As for this festival, where is it and when? Can't find good info on it at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:

- I've expressed many times how I don't care for the history of the 17th and 18th century. I've changed my mind, but I really only have an interest in the politics. I still find wars from that period to be extremely boring except for their political implications.

- Tonight I'm getting my hair cut. I'm donating my sexy and luscious hair to cancer patients who are deprived of sexy and luscious hair.

- Machiavelli's "The Prince" is an awesome book. I'm finally getting around to reading it, and it's so delightfully ruthless in it's truth about how effective a ruthless leader can be.

Yus! I have a new comrade! Believe me, I love the politics from that era. You should really read my American King book; it's mainly political. It has battles and campaigns and such, but all from a political and strategic point of view. It's written entirely in history book format, too: http://americankingseries.webs.com/americankingii.htm

I have my sexy and luscious Romney hair, so there's not enough to cut off without destroying it. :9

The Prince is awesome. I got into that book because of Machiavelli being in Assassin's Creed.

Speaking of which, I bought the AC Lineage movie at Wal-Mart today along with a Star Wars Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Machetero: Actually they are self governed in the Spanish areas. It's called the Autonomous Basque Community or something like that, but they don't get any international representation or consideration.

Sorry, but the Basque festival is here in Boise, Idaho. Jaialdi is the international Basque festival that they also hold here in Boise. They only have that one every five years though. You're out of luck it seems. I wouldn't recommend coming to Idaho anyway. Horrible horrible state. I'm sure that there's a St. Ignazio's Day festival somewhere near you. Same thing but without the Basques. I believe almost all of them live here in Idaho and Oregon.

@Napo: I had interest in Machiavelli way before ACII or Brotherhood. "Before all else, be armed." I now carry a knife just in case I ever have to kill someone. I don't carry it for utility. I carry it specifically as a weapon. You never know when you might have to stab a guy in the throat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:31 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:

@Napo: I had interest in Machiavelli way before ACII or Brotherhood. "Before all else, be armed." I now carry a knife just in case I ever have to kill someone. I don't carry it for utility. I carry it specifically as a weapon. You never know when you might have to stab a guy in the throat.

I carry a Suisse Armee Knife, a buck knife, my gang flail, and fingernail clippers. :9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
@Machetero: Actually they are self governed in the Spanish areas. It's called the Autonomous Basque Community or something like that, but they don't get any international representation or consideration.
And Puerto Rico is offically called "The Associated Free State of Puerto Rico", but they aren't a seprate nation either. Quite honestly, I think at the end of this whole thing, we both agree that the Basque should be their own nation, we're just "arguing" over how to refer to them officially or unofficially.
macleodman2 wrote:
I now carry a knife just in case I ever have to kill someone. I don't carry it for utility. I carry it specifically as a weapon. You never know when you might have to stab a guy in the throat.
If this is the sole purpose you have for carrying, please look into some sort of training. As someone who has trained in various arts with a knife, or against a knife empty hand, I can tell you it isn't as easy as "stab[ing] a guy in the throat." And always take into consideration that if there is a knife involved, you WILL get cut. It's just a matter of how badly, if you survive, and for how long. Also, consider what you are carrying and where you carry it on your person. It can all make a difference in whether or not we are sending flowers to the hospital or a funeral home.
Now that the PSA is over, I have to ask for my own amusement, what are you carrying?

@Napoleon: I am sure we have gone over this before but, what do you mean by "buck knife"? As for your "gang flail", I've had a 3 foot wallet chain since...1998 I think? I know I was still living in NJ and I didn't move until 2000. Anyway, at least once in a martial arts seminar the instructor saw it and decided that an hour of "fluid weapons" training was in order. T'was fun, but being choked by a zip up hoody, zipper against the throat, is not fun... But a wallet chain is an effective improvised weapon!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 11 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 200  Next