It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:04 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 120 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

minfigCharmed wrote:
Smoke from the 'nearby' fires is horrible today.

It's been pretty smokey here too. At least it smells nice. Nice burning pine smell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

That map looks awesome. Is [the program] pretty easy to pick up? I'm thinking I might get that or ask for it as a Christmas present...

Ripping an LP right now. I love technology. [usb turntable + audacity = win] Going to price making a tabletop rpg mountain and if it's cheap enough my brother will buy the supplies and we'll do it. Pics will come if we make it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:38 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Do you know what I like about all the smog here in Idaho right now? The beautiful red sunset. It looks like one of those preserved cherries that they put on sundaes. You know what I don't like about the smog? For a very long while I couldn't see the Milky Way, or most stars for that matter. Looking at the actual Milky Way is amazing though. It's a milky stripe across the sky that looks a bit like clouds, but it's unmoving and unchanging. It contains vast numbers of stars, and we have the ability to see it. The light from it has been traveling towards Earth since before humanity. Wait. I can't remember the diameter of the Milky Way. Is it 1 million light years or 100,000 light years? Oh wow. I was way way way way way off. It's only 500 light years across. Wow. So forget that nonsense about the light originating before humanity. It originated about 500 years ago, which is extremely short on the cosmological time scale.

I've never liked Anonymous. I still think most of them a self entitled rich kids, but I agree with them for once. The Ukrainian government used an illegal DDoS attack to disable my favorite torrent site. Then they unlawfully raided the server hosts files and locked away the majority of it. So now Anonymous is carrying out multiple DDoS attacks on Ukrainian government sites. They're still cyber terrorists, but so are the Ukrainians apparently. Also Guy Fawkes masks are one of the most pompous and narcissistic fashion choices. Sorry, but Guy Fawkes was an idiot, and he's only famous because of V for Vendetta, and the England only holiday where they burn straw mannequins of him. I lost my train of thought and no longer know what I'm talking about.

I am sleep deprived after staying up for 48 hours with my friend. It got to the point where I started worshiping his Capricorn cigarette lighter as a pagan god of fire. I now refer to it simply as "The Goat" and treat it with utmost respect. I really wish the SCP Foundation was accepting new SCP stories, because I think a story about a Bic lighter with a goat picture that houses one of the most malevolent beings in the Universe would make a great story.

New tattoo idea. An incredibly detailed rendition of a Hubble Telescope photograph of one of three galaxies. The Sombrero Galaxy, because it's a freaking sombrero! The Andromeda Galaxy, because we should be friendly to our business competitor until the big financial merger goes through. Last but not least is Messier 100. It's classified as a Grand Design Spiral Galaxy, because its spiral shape is almost completely perfect and would looks good as a tattoo. These tattoos would take a very long time to get done because of the intricate colorings and stuff. It would absolutely have to be in color as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Picked up Halo:CEA on sale for $20. It looks amazing. Also, while I'm pretty sure that it's just a graphics and sound update, it feels like they changed the physics too. I'm also pretty sure it's not just the improved graphics, it feels the same even when switching to the old style. Overall the game feels a lot less 'slippery' if that makes any sense. Also, I thought that skull was only a pre-order thing? Maybe it's like cars where if someone orders it but backs out it's up for grabs.

edit: Also got a cell phone. Nothing special, just a 'Tracfone' (What idiot spelled that?)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I woke up to the sound of hundreds of $ being taken from me. Something made my sliding door crack and I could find no evidence of what it could be. The best guess right now is that it was a bird. I know what a BB Gun hole looks like, and the way the glass was splintered, any object that would have hit it would have left some type of hole and then evidence. Now to see what the deductible is on our home owner insurance. X|
Couldn't watch the meteor shower this weekend either because of storm clouds X0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:00 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

The preorder skull was the one that made grunts explode like plasma grenades upon death.
I've been gone a while. My computer crashed, had to get it fixed. I bought some of the Halo megaboks sets since then. I love the spartans.
And why are all my games having events at once?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@hawkxs: the program is easy, I used the manual walk through once.

@S133: Sweet! I still haven't made the hours needed to play through mine ... it Will happen.

@QBlade: did the bird leave any feathers?

the smoke is sooo bad here, our nearest fire is thankfully across the lake, but doing huge damage.

Hey UBlitz, glad to see you made it back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Man.. Meaningless Tread... I remember these things. Lol. Hey guys, I probably won't be as active as I was before I left, at least not for a while. I'll still look around every once in a while, just not as much as before. So yeah, I've been having a good time back so far. Played Ghost Recon Future Soldier/Battlefield 3/Assassins Creed with my best friend all night last night, gonna play some more tonight. Good stuff. :9 My car isn't working yet, gotta get it loaded on a flatbed this week then out to the mechanic. Should be running by the end of the week, and if it is I'm gonna throw some new speakers in it. Fun stuff. It feels so weird being able to do whatever, I'm so used to being told what to do and when to do it.
In fact, yesterday morning, I woke up and freaked out because I couldn't find my M16 at the end of my bed. Then I remembered that I was at home. Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:41 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo, Blitz, and now BIO! Awesome to have you back, man! :D Are you a general yet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:57 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

My computer's being really crappy slow...and it can't just be because I'm downloading Diablo 3...that's not enough to do this.
Anyway, how's everyone been?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 120 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 200  Next