Change font size
It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Oh, I see, your ~collection~...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:25 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

On my birthday (the 11th) I got the last astro-mech droid I was missing, now I've got the complete set of every astromech:

:D

Here's the names (from left to right):
5D6-RA7, C-3PO, K-3PO, R-3PO
R2-Q2, R2-Q5, R2-D5, R5-F7
R4-P44, R7-D4, R4-P17, R7-A7
R2-D2, R5-D4, R5-D8, R2-R7
R8-B7, R5-J2, R4-G9

I also got the four main types of protocol droids. I didn't bother collecting multiples though, like the newest R2 unit has light bluish gray instead of silver, and there's a whole mess of different C3-POs, that chrome gold one being the priciest. 5D6-RA7 is actually supposed to look slightly different on his head, but for some reason Lego just used the C-3PO head mold and called it good.

Those two black ones look the same, but they're actually slightly different.

That one in the very front with a plain body is cause they only released the HEAD (made to look like it was sitting in a ship) and there's no similar ones. Basically it's supposed to look like R2, but with Gold/Copper instead of the blue.

Also, the one in the middle there (same column), that's another one where they only released the head, but R5's body is a pretty close match to it (supposed to be a bit more tan colored though).

I'll probably make a custom sticker for the one in front, which others have already done, but they're not currently selling their designs:
http://www.fineclonier.com/viewdesign.p ... d=18460872

Kind of a bummer.

--EDIT--
Mmmm, I also got all the Alien Invaders aliens too:

The cyborg and the leader one were really pricey, but still way cheaper than having to buy the two sets they're from.

I also got some other aliens/monsters I was missing:

I was supposed to get that one red crab guy (with his mouth in his stomach) and the other red squid guy, but they didn't come until after my B-Day.

I also got a bunch of Collectables I was missing, mostly Series 6 ones:

I've got complete collections for 4 thru 6 now and most of the ones from 1 thru 3...sans a few I didn't bother with cause they were just kind of...~meh~...not very interesting.

My favorite is the sleepy head one, teddy beawr plush for teh win!

The surgeon is also real neat looking, I want to get a couple more of em:

Lady Liberty is my third favorite from the Series 6 line:

Got a bunch of other Lego stuffs too, like the Lex Luthor Power Suit, the TIE fighter and a couple others. The TIE fighter had screwed up instructions though on the wings, so when I built the second wing I just made up my own instructions in my head. If you followed theirs the whole thing would keep falling all apart as you were building it, completely unstable. The trick was to put together the inside part first, which they had you do last, that way the whole thing was stabilized and the pin sticking out also made it so you could prop it up at angle, making it even easier.

Post subject: Re: Oh, I see, your ~collection~...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:07 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Helmets! Every color of helmet there is! ...except clear cause I forgot to put it in the picture. Oops.

All the colors of teh rainbow!

...well, most of 'em. Each of the blank spots is a missing color, most of which I have in plain/solid minifig heads...although I'm kind of waiting to get them as flat tile pieces instead (cause they fit/look better). I did go ahead and use ice cream scoops and some sloped pieces and such for some of the missing ones. There's like 3 or 4 ~reaaally~ obscure colors where there's not even any tile pieces for them, that either I left out or I'll use something else...like the lavender boombox...that's like the ~only~ lavender piece there is.

Lights! I need to redo this with a white plate instead of the black...so you can see them better. The three end the end are actually regular clear, purple and dark pink, but with SPARKLES! :D

The other cloudy lookin one is glow-in-the-dark! Lego has also used a variety of "milky" type colors for various odds and ends over the years. As well as "marbled" colors. Sometimes "marbled" colored bricks are factory screwups, which can be worth a bit of money to the right collector. There's actually an opaque glow-in-dark "color" as well as the "clear" glow-in-dark one (that's shown here).

This is...uh...a mess, to be honest. It's missing chrome green, chrome dark pink, chrome black, and a few others. This is most of the "pearled" and "metallic" colors though. Oh, it's all missing the "speckled" colors too.

I'll post some more completed color collections later on, I've got quite a few of them. Still saving up to get a blue bicycle though, it's the only one I'm missing from that collection! Costs about sixty bucks though! o_O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

MOAR stoofs! :D

I fix teh transparent ones:

Much easier to see now. *nods* I really wish Lego would do some flat tile pieces in purple and in medium blue though, that would be most awesome!

Next up, kyoot lil ibbies! Meow, meows!

I think I've got all of 'em.

And then of course there are CRABS! Crabs?! In ~your~ nether region?! It's more likely than you think!

Think I got all of those too.

Puppies! Arf, arfs! :D

The two on the left are the old style, the two on the right are the new style, which have more detailed faces/feet and have painted face patterns. Neato!

Froggies! Hippity hops! If you're wondering why Lego would make a red and yellow frog, it's cause they're from one of their board game sets I believe. In case you're not aware Lego has been doing a whole ~sleeeew~ of board games that utilize Lego parts and pieces, some of which have quite a few rare parts...and, as such, can also quite espensive. I believe I have every single known color (from sets).

Parrots! Rainbow fluff birds! :D

...pretty sure I got all of 'em.

"Ahhh yes, the spee-iiiidar!" :3

Again, every single known color...not sure why they've never done any green or trans green ones. Disappointment! *nods*

Apples!

The green ones are one of ~the~ worst parts to buy on BrickLink. Like over 70%+ of all the people on BrickLink selling "green" apples...yeah, they're actually selling BRIGHT green apples...they just don't know the difference. *rolls eyes* I believe I wound up with like...30 extra bright green apples in my concerted effort to just get about ~8~ regular green ones. Not to mention tons of money wasted in shipping. Luckily I at least got refunds on the over-priced bright green ones. If you ever want to buy some *ALWAYS* be sure to *ASK* the seller *FIRST*...and make sure that they actually ~know~ the difference between green and bright green...cause many do not.

Various canned food items. Most of these are uber rare and *VERY* expensive parts.

The two new ones on the very far left are the new milk and orange juice containers from the new Friends series...you can put one of those 1x1 sloped tile pieces on them to complete the look.

Fruits and grains! I am missing the lime green cherries...on purpose though...cause they're kinda ugly...and useless...I mean, who wants unripe, green cherries? Yuck! With a lot of stuff I collect multiples, like four of each. So I have four carrots, four bananas, four of each bread roll and croissant (in each of their respective colors). The cherries I believe I have ten of each.

A lot of my collecting is based on usage, for example ten cherries fit quite nicely into the little 3x4 crates/basket pieces, so if I wanted to do a little sidewalk shop or something then I would have just the right amount.

Every single known and unknown color of ice cream! Some of these are way, *WAY* freakin expensive. For example that blue one on the very, very far left end...that cost me twenty bucks! o_O

And only *ONE* has ever been sold on BrickLink (that one you see in the picture). The third one in from it, the light violet one, was also twenty bucks and only TWO of those have ever been sold on BrickLink, with just a single one left available.

Meats!

I'd like to get an earth orange turkey too at some point.

Popsicles! Every known color of 'em!

Trans-red is the rarest, mine cost me nearly five bucks!

Junk foods! The pizzas come in two base colors...yellow and tan...I don't have any of the yellow ones though cause they look kinda funny. The cupcake there on the far right is another rare/expensive part, worth about 3 to 4 bucks on its own! The chocolate bar as well is a very rare part, only appearing in four sets, Harry Potter ones, making it worth even more, nearly a buck each.

Those three colorful bits there I actually use with the cupcake holders from the new Friends series...I keep them in a separate baggie. I have two of each color, and then four of each color of cupcake holder (there's only yellow and medium blue right now).

Bicycles!

I'm only missing two, the HTF, non-standard color ones! The blue one and the bright light orange one, mostly cause the first sells for around 60 to 70 bucks and the later sells for nearly 40 bucks on BrickLink! o_O

Lightsabers!

The clearish looking one on the far left is actually glow-in-the-dark! :D

Underwater...key...hooha...thingies...er...*shrugs*...

The purple is the most expensive and the rarest. It was only in like ONE underwater set and the MOST expensive underwater set at that (over a hundred bucks I believe).

Cowboy hats, y'all!

...not sure if that's all of them or not...the red might be a "test strike" piece.

Check these out!

Uber rare! Very, *VERY* expensive lil buggers, much cooler than the standard, boring, generic light gray for the engine pieces.

Next up, hard hats!

Maersk blue being the most rare/expensive...although they did recently come down in price a bit due to that new Maersk train set they released that had a few minifigs with said hard hats. The dark blue is a HTF, non-standard color, the cheapest one you can get, about 3 to 4 bucks EACH. There is one other HTF, non-standard color that I'm aware of, which is orange, but there's only THREE for sale (total) on BrickLink...and each one is nearly thirty bucks a pop! o_O

Hooks! AAAARRRRR matey!

The dark gray one is the only one I'm missing in my collection. The two rarest and most expensive are the pearl gold and the medium blue ones.

Shrooms man, SHROOOOOOOMS! :D

I just used a blank tan people head for the base of the large one, for teh picture, although in hindsight I probably should have used a 2x2 round tan brick piece...meh, whatever works! :)

It's a new wheelbarrow! :D

This is a brand new piece that came out this year...like, just a couple weeks ago in fact. I got mine before it was released to the general public though (in stores)...although some stores still might not have it.

There's two sets you can find it in, one is a recycling truck and the other is a tipper truck, both under twenty bucks I believe, pretty good deals.

This piece is interesting because the mold is actually ~very~ similar to a REALLY old Fabuland Lego piece from the 1980s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Awards and trophies!

I didn't even realize until I took the picture that those black trophy bases come in different sizes. I think the smaller ones are used as HATS from like India and such (usually dark red). There's stickers for the big trophy too you can use.

Brushes! Brusha, brusha, brusha! :D

In every single known and unknown color I believe...and size! Hence the longer one on teh end there.

Moosic! ^__^

A wide assortment of musical hooha, from horns to boom boxes to maracas to record albums, very much with teh variety! Mmmm, there is a *NEW* electric guitar too with the new series of Lego minifigs that was just released. A lot of these pieces are quite rare and expensive. That keyboard there, which is actually just a sticker, is worth about FIVE BUCKS just on its own! o_O

This is the new electric guitar by the by:

There's also BAGPIPES now too! :D

Knives! Brand new, still on teh sprue! Woo hoo! :D

Those glow-in-the-dark ones there were only ever in ONE set, an uber expensive Harry Potter one, in which they were used as the Basilisk's TEETH...as such, brand new like this, they're worth like a whopping TWENTY BUCKS! o_O

Magical fairy wands!

In every color they come in! Including glow-in-the-dark! On teh far end. *nods*

So does anyone else have some collection stuff to post? Free feel to throw it up here! I like seeing part collections and such, especially if they're completed ones, that's really cool.

This is one of my favorite aspects of Lego, being able to start little "micro-collections", instead of like trying to buy every single piece ~ever~ made, instead you can set more realistic and more attainable goals and create a more personalized collection, which is a lot more fun! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:46 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

DUDE. I don't even know what to say except that you must be a millionaire. This is seriously amazing. Keep up the great collecting! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

very cool. I don't think I have all of any type of part. Maybe I have all the black Star Wars characters, but not on purpose or anything

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Just a few new ones for today (kinda busy).

Regular cups!

I have eight of each...except some of the moar uber, uber rare (and expensive), HTF colors, like black and tan, I only have four of those.

Most of these cups are HTF, meaning not in any set, rather Lego likes giving these out at toy conventions, their amusement parks, to employees and so forth.

Goblets!

I only have four of each of these in my collection...hard to get too excited about goblets. Not sure if I have all of them or not...I don't think I've checked on these to be honest.

These are the new roundy goblets!

...pretty sure I have moar of these...not sure where I put them though...at least I think there's more... *scratches head*

Water bottles!

Actually these are Scala baby bottles, but most Lego fans like to use them as minifigure water bottles. Rare, old and spensive, all over teh place! I only have one of each of these.

Sploosh! Regular faucets!

Now...see these are kinda...complicated. Cause I've seen people before selling the bases in...pretty well every color there is, but I don't think they're Lego, rather they're knock-offs, like BrickForge or BrickArms and then you can just put the silver or grey taps into the different colored bases...so technically you ~could~ have any color with these, although my collections center primarily around just what Lego produces.

I do collect stuff though from BrickArms and BrickForge though too, especially cool weapon stuffs and like BrickForge has test tubes, beakers, these flat roundy lights (double at petri dishes), cocktail cups, saws and a whole bunch of other really neat parts.

Anywho, that's all for today, I'll post moar tomorrow (starting with the bathtub type faucets).

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 am 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

you have some really interesting pieces there chap! I didn't realise that cats came in so man varied colours. there are some really interesting other pieces too!

Check my stuffz out on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strawdog316/

Add me as a contact please!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Thanks a lot bro, you just shamed my collection for an eternity and a day, ;9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Just a few more for today:

5 Point Crystals! Shiny! I like that chrome green...Lego needs more chrome colors! Chrome pieces can be pretty pricey though and Lego admittedly doesn't do a real stellar job all the time. Always be real careful about buying chrome pieces on eBay or BrickLink or whatever, cause they may have factory damage and the person just listed them as "used" instead of being specific.

There's also quite a number of third parties that are chrome painting regular bricks...which is technically what Lego does anyway. Some outfits are better than others, prices vary as does quality.

These are the new gold bullion bricks! These are EXPENSIVE lil buggers, they're worth about two bucks...EACH!

As a cheaper alternative you can get either chrome gold or metallic gold 1x2 flat tile pieces and get basically the same effect. That would be the better choice if you wanted to create like a big money pit/vault or treasure horde or whatever.

BrickForge should do their own versions I think (assuming they haven't already), for a lower price, that would be cool, especially if they offered them in chrome silver too! Transparent colors would also be awesome!

Very rare piece...I only have ONE...and only cause I got it for like...$3, which was a real bargain.

Every color of treasure chest! I wish there was a trans-dark blue one though. I've got four of the metallic gold, brown, reddish brown and black ones, the rest I've just got one of each. I might get three more clear ones at some point though...if I see a good deal on 'em. The trans-clear and light gray are the rarest, at about two bucks each I believe.

About $25 bucks worth of feathers! :D

Uber tiny black is the most expensive I think, at around ten bucks!

I forgot to include the orange triple feather from the Statue Of Liberty though. Also, there's now a DARK TAN uber tiny feather, from the PotC set Queen Anne's Revenge! Unfortunately they didn't release a set of them, so there's only the tiny one.

That's all for today! I think next I'll do like rocks, minifig legs, plates and some more weapon sets!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next