It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 94 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Most flea markets, at least out here in the mid-west, seem to always have knives and other weapons. The only issue is you have to know what to look for and what you want. Many of the weapons they have look nice but wouldn't actually be good for any sort of work past letter opener or box cutter.

Definitely; but sometimes I like the "letter-openers" just for collectibility. But mainly I like functional hunting and pocket knives.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I used to be ok with just collecting the nice looking weapons that have little function, but as I got more serious in my collecting I found it pointless to spend the money on something that I can't really use. Plus, I tend to carry any knife I buy for at least a month, and I'd like it to be able to survive and be able to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I misplaced my karambit a while ago, and it really sucks. Right now I'm carrying a Smith & Wesson folder, works, but I prefer my karambit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

You misplaced your karambit?!?! I lost one screw (out of three) on the clip of one of mine and I was a bit heartbroken. I don't know what I would do if I misplaced on of mine. I think I may have a moment of silence for your poor karambit and pray that it makes it way back into your hand/pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

That sucks. Karambits are utterly awesome.

Anyone here buy from CH Kadel?

Machetero wrote:
I used to be ok with just collecting the nice looking weapons that have little function, but as I got more serious in my collecting I found it pointless to spend the money on something that I can't really use. Plus, I tend to carry any knife I buy for at least a month, and I'd like it to be able to survive and be able to use it.

I carry two knives on my person at all times. I find so many uses for them on the job. Every day I find some new use. I'll probably use this new one for stuff I don't wanna use my other ones on; it's quite thick. As I'm a fan of doomsday prepping, it'll probably be my survival knife. I wanna get a bug-out bag and some stuff for it. I have a check coming for $100 from my company, so I might buy a bag with some of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
You misplaced your karambit?!?! I lost one screw (out of three) on the clip of one of mine and I was a bit heartbroken. I don't know what I would do if I misplaced on of mine. I think I may have a moment of silence for your poor karambit and pray that it makes it way back into your hand/pocket.

Yep :( Have no idea where it is. I've looked everywhere. Can't find it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:44 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Did you look under your car seats? I lost a cell phone under one of those for eight months.

Also, within the next two years, I'll be joining these guys on the field of honour:

Huzzah, chaps! I'll get to live out all my 18-19th century and/or military fantasies without actually risking my life. :D Picture me, in my scarlet coat, leading the Grenadiers on a charge at the rabble line of battle. Huzzah, I say, I say it once again! :9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Biohazard wrote:
Yep :( Have no idea where it is. I've looked everywhere. Can't find it.
So very sad.
Napoleon wrote:
I carry two knives on my person at all times.
I LOVE this game! Not allowed to carry at work (which is dumb for a multitude of reasons but whatever), but when I am not at work I carry two karambits on me at all times. Plus my Leatherman which I think has two blades in it. I used to carry up to about 6 knives on me at any one time, but as I became better/more secure in my martial arts skills I stopped feeling a need to rely on knives/weapons for security.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
I used to carry up to about 6 knives on me at any one time, but as I became better/more secure in my martial arts skills I stopped feeling a need to rely on knives/weapons for security.

6?! How did you fit all those?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

One in front left pocket, one in front right pocket, one in back left pocket, one in right back pocket, one clipped to belt at small of my back, and one in the little pocket on my leg (I wear carpenter pants almost exclusively). There were days I would get creative and clip/strap something to the inside of one of my ankles, too. And once, just to mess with a friend, I had a machete strapped to my belt.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 94 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 200  Next