It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 92 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:39 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Napoleon wrote:
I knew that. 2012 is also the bicentennial of the War of 1812. :)

The beginning of it, anyway. ;9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
@Mac: I'm sick of HG. I get tired of all these teen "OMIGAWSH i red all teh buks and nw tehy made them n2 moovies!" things. I had thought about going to HG until I read that it has some weird Twilighty love story instead of just kick-butt postapoc gladiatorial fights.

You should swallow your pride and misconceptions and give them a shot. Any comparison with Twilight is moronic and undeserved except for the intention of being teen lit.

tl;dr stop being a hipster and read it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:03 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I don't have any problems about Hunger Games personally, but it looks like it's already getting out of hand. Seriously. 9 different editions all in the same small area. That's just ridiculous. I've thought about reading the books, but I don't have the time anymore. That used to be my slacking off at school activity that I did alllllll day in every class. Except chemistry. I enjoyed that class.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
@Mac: I'm sick of HG. I get tired of all these teen "OMIGAWSH i red all teh buks and nw tehy made them n2 moovies!" things. I had thought about going to HG until I read that it has some weird Twilighty love story instead of just kick-butt postapoc gladiatorial fights.

You should swallow your pride and misconceptions and give them a shot. Any comparison with Twilight is moronic and undeserved except for the intention of being teen lit.

Quoted for Truth. :D I just brushed them aside as well until my fiance talked me into going to see the movie, then I was like OMG! There's a bunch of steampunky stuff in District 12 and giant airships!!!!

Oh, and speaking of my fiance, her parents came down to meet my parents, and everyone got along just fine. We managed to get a rough guest list for our wedding hashed out (we're getting married at 11 AM on August 11), so yay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

This.

Well, what a surprise. I have extra money, and my car needs something replaced. Every frikking time. And its usually not cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Skywaller wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
I knew that. 2012 is also the bicentennial of the War of 1812. :)

The beginning of it, anyway. ;9

You know what I mean. ;9

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Has nothing to do with my pride, but my hatred of fads. I'm a nerd, I admit, not nearly a hipster. I'll never read them; IMO I have other books that deserve more attention, and I never read teen lit; I prefer history books to begin with, and only read novels every once in a while. If you like them, I don't mind, it's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Has nothing to do with my pride, but my hatred of fads. I'm a nerd, I admit, not nearly a hipster. I'll never read them; IMO I have other books that deserve more attention. If you like them, I don't mind, it's just my opinion.

...So you don't like the Hunger Games because it's mainstream.
Totally not a hipster at all. :\

It's not necessarily a fad. It's a good movie that people are talking about. Who cares if it was based on a book and now everyone wants to read them, or if people want to see the movie because they've read the books?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@Hunger Games in general: I've been considering reading them but with the move and work I doubt I'll have the time right now. Plus, if I am gonna jump on a book bandwagon, I may as well read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series first. Also, I'm still a bit bitter about Hunger Games being a Battle Royale rip-off. I don't care if the premise is fairly simple to come to on your own, BR did it first. :9
Biohazard wrote:
Well, what a surprise. I have extra money, and my car needs something replaced. Every frikking time. And its usually not cheap.
Dude, at least you have the extra money to fix it. I need to replace the windshield, get new wipers, more wiper fluid, replace a front light (not the headlight so not that important), and touch up at least one spot of paint. Oh, and I think I'm due for an oil change, too.

Looking at that list, and knowing there are a number of other expenses coming... Perhaps I may need to consider selling off a chunk of my LEGO collection.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Has nothing to do with my pride, but my hatred of fads. I'm a nerd, I admit, not nearly a hipster. I'll never read them; IMO I have other books that deserve more attention. If you like them, I don't mind, it's just my opinion.

...So you don't like the Hunger Games because it's mainstream.
Totally not a hipster at all. :\

It's not necessarily a fad. It's a good movie that people are talking about. Who cares if it was based on a book and now everyone wants to read them, or if people want to see the movie because they've read the books?

;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
Dude, at least you have the extra money to fix it. I need to replace the windshield, get new wipers, more wiper fluid, replace a front light (not the headlight so not that important), and touch up at least one spot of paint. Oh, and I think I'm due for an oil change, too.

Looking at that list, and knowing there are a number of other expenses coming... Perhaps I may need to consider selling off a chunk of my LEGO collection.

If we're going to list things that should be replaced...
Front axle.
Oil pan.
Entire hood needs repainted, lots of spots could be touched up.
Rear tires.
CV joint (Which is what I was talking about)
Weather stripping around windows.
Left side side signal bulbs
Needs alignment, steering wheel is turned a little to the left when the car is going "straight" and "straight" means the tires are actually going like this / \ (But not that bad) instead of | |.
Spark plugs
Needs brighter headlights so they aren't so dim.
Wiper fluid
Front right wheel mount needs another lug stud, its on four lug nuts right now instead of the 5 its supposed to have.

Napo, I know its your opinion. Your entitled to that, and I'm entitled to call you a hipster because you don't like something just because its a fad. And don't just wink at me. Use some words.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 92 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 200  Next