It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 77 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@S133: Thanks!
Yeah, the GSGem has a quirk ... same as that floating pot ...
The enemies and about half the loot are leveled, so glad its a good mix there.
The spiders ... I had trouble with the webbing, getting it to look good, so I didn't put as many "sacs" around, they didn't fit in well.
The Meridia pedistal, I didn't realize that's what it was until after I placed it ... so I left it, a learning experience. :o)

@About Steam: yes, they are using it to control pirating mainly.
The next-gen console is supposed to run disks, so that part will be the same - but each game will come with a code that can only be used on one console or PC ... removing easy pirating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

minfigCharmed wrote:
The next-gen console is supposed to run disks, so that part will be the same - but each game will come with a code that can only be used on one console or PC ... removing easy pirating.

It's probably going to be a minor obstacle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:

It's probably going to be a minor obstacle.

I'm sure.

Personal note: I have way too many projects under wing right now, some on hold waiting for funding - while others are waiting for a 'time slot' large enough to actual accomplish something ... then comes the issue of life priorities ... so much for a simple life :o)

editing:
Just got this ... my son Tyrel's three kidlets
Ruger (in the chair), Talon, and Emmalynn!

Is that cute or what!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:51 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Thanks Mac ;)

Good luck MC. I myself have a project I am kicking around. I thought about it earlier in the week before I was told about my job situation. Hopefully if things work out, I can focus better on this project and use my new found unemployment as a way to be productive. I don't want to talk about it in case I fail miserably before it gets off the ground, but if I succeed, I think the majority of the community will be pleased. I spent a good amount of time researching and planning tonight.

Almost forgot....There was a story today of a F-18 Hornet crashing into an apartment building in VA Beach. Apparently my cousin (favorite cousin) was near by. I don't have the details, but I guess he is fine.

Edit: Cool pic MC. The baby looks photoshopped into the picture because of his size compared to the car seat :9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

minfigCharmed wrote:

Isn't that what CD codes were designed to do? Didn't slow me down much :o&

Also, hooray, I finally got my internet back. Someone cut the cable outside. Jerks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:34 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:

Isn't that what CD codes were designed to do? Didn't slow me down much :o&

Yeah.
Quote:
Also, hooray, I finally got my internet back. Someone cut the cable outside. Jerks.

Umm, how and why would someone cut a cable, of any kind?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

That's what cracks are for. It just takes one coder to alter a file and spread it around the internet. There's no stopping pirating.

Edit: I just realized how picky I am about novels and literature. I'm so picky in fact, that I don't have a favorite genre. I have favorite books and writers from genres, but not one genre that I prefer to read. For instance. I absolutely love Isaac Asimov, but can't stand most other Sci-fi. It all just seems so cheesy to me. Isaac Asimov, Dune (in my top five favorite novels), and some of L. Ron Hubbard's stories are really good in my opinion. Hmm. Scratch that. Some of L. Ron Hubbard's stories are not totally and completely insane and are slightly enjoyable to read. Anyway. Same thing goes with fantasy. Love LotR (not in my top 5 though. The Hobbit comes close though) but almost every other fantasy book I've tried to read is so cliche its sickening.

Top five novels. Just for fun, and because we don't have a specific thread for this sort of thing. Wait. Didn't someone try a novel variation of the music topic once and it didn't do so well? Anyway.

1. Shogun - Yes. Love that book. It's almost 2,000 pages long and I read it twice in a row, then again the year after. I've never read a book three times before.
2. Dune - Used to be my all time favorite before Shogun came along. Still adore it so much.
3. The Foundation Trilogy - Counting them as one, because I read them as one book. Sooooooo gooooood. Especially when the First foundation is conquered by the Mule. I love when a story takes a drastic turn like that.
4. At the Mountains of Madness - Technically a novella, but it still has novel as a root word so it counts in my book (ha pun intended since I noticed it in time). I've already expressed before how much I love H.P. Lovecraft.
5. Snow Crash - Oh god. Almost forgot this one. Such a weird book. There's just too much to love about it.

There. This is probably the only subject I can do a top 5 on. Movies, music, and videogames just aren't doable for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nice pic, MC! I have four baby and toddler nephews; they're a lot of fun. :D

My favorite novels:

How Few Remain - Harry Turtledove
Bring the Jubilee - Ward Moore (Seriously, Mac, if you like science, double-twists, and head-spinning "What the heck" moments, READ THIS. It's from the 1950's and it's awesome)
Huckleberry Finn - Sam Clemens
Return of the King - JRR Tolkien
Disunited States of America - Harry Turtledove
The Dark Lord Trilogy - Matthew Woodring Stover and George Lucas
Tom Sawyer - Sam Clemens

I agree with you about fantasy; I can't stand all the Tolkien knock-offs...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Well I think the second date went pretty well. :3

Also, in terms of fantasy, if you haven't read the Game of Thrones yet, do so now. It's great, gritty deconstruction & subversion of fantasy tropes and very well written.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:51 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Well I think the second date went pretty well. :3

Also, in terms of fantasy, if you haven't read the Game of Thrones yet, do so now. It's great, gritty deconstruction & subversion of fantasy tropes and very well written.

Yay, SV is gowing to get married! :D

;9

I've thought about reading GoT. I heard it's really good. They have a TV show on HBO, right?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 77 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 200  Next