Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 193 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:44 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

What happened to punk music? The Ramones and Sex Pistols were awesome, and now we stuff like, ugh, Greenday.

Edit: Holy crap. The strongest bite of any known animal ever in history was from a prehistoric fish. It had a bit force of 13,000 newtons. That's like 2-3 times stronger than any bite force of any modern animal. It sounds like this fish could bite an entire T-Rex in half.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
macleodman2 wrote:
What happened to punk music? The Ramones and Sex Pistols were awesome, and now we stuff like, ugh, Greenday.

Greenday back when they first came out were pretty awesome. Same can be said for Blink 182. What happens is that record producers get their hands on their stuff and start pushing them in a specific way. Add that to 2 major factors......maturing and becoming wealthy. Once those 2 things happen, it's hard to stay focused on what made you cool in the first place. Back when those bands started, then were scrapping for money and didn't have families to look after. Plus, they wanted to try different things and got bored with what they were doing. As for the Ramones and Sex Pistols.....the Ramones never cared what happened. They just stayed true to their 3 power cords and did their best to entertain. The Sex Pistols only lasted 3 years in their first run. Things change big time from the 70's to the 90's. One thing I liked better about older punk as opposed to new punk, is that back then when they had an issue with politics, they didn't just get on the stage and complain.....they tried to get their crowds to "F stuff up".

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Like you said. The Sex Pistols didn't last very long, but that's because they were like the Ramones. They didn't give a flying rat's ***. They did it because they were bored. Also, I blame Nancy. Nancy was *****.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Wow, I just realized S133 is in two people's signatures now.

Skywaller wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
It's heavy-duty chain and I added a custom "mourning star" to the end. (:] I tested it, and clobbered myself while doing so. It'd break jaw and your teeth, no time flat.

Ouch. That sounds like it would hurt.

Definitely. Just getting whacked that once was enough to make me tons more careful with it. I reinforced the link that keeps the flail head on, too. The flail head is actually an old nitroglycerin container I found once.

It's about as heavy as a screwdriver, and it carries my allergy pills for me. Win-win. :9 I have a thicker ring on it to keep it secure while swinging. And considering the heavy chains now on wallets were originally used in gang brawls in the 40's and 50's (my punk biker grandpa had one), speaks for its effectiveness. Add a heavy weight, and it automatically wraps around stuff it hits like a gladiator flail. I shall fare well in the post-apocalypse thanks to my weapon-making skills, lol. I need to get some metallic spray paint for my hand-carved rifle bayonet...

@Mac: Which cuss word did you censor? I can't think of any requiring that exact number of asterisks. I'd like to buy a vowel! ;9

EDI: Just finished watching the end of Hatfields & McCoys. Gosh, I'm sad now. Rarely do I feel sad because of a movie or show. I do now. I can't believe people actually did that to each other over a pig and some trees...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Which cuss word? The second one is a female dog. The first one is a donkey.

Wow. Maybe there is a god. Just went to the store. They hired a new cashier. Looks a little nerdy, and just a tiny bit goth. I would say she's also a solid 7. I tend to make friends with the cashiers since I go to the store every day, but they've always been terribly ugly or middle aged. Man. The timing for this couldn't have been better.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Anyone here read/watch Game of Thrones?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

No cable, but I think I'll read the books. Eventually I'll buy an epic Game of Thrones box set though. Actually. I think season 1 is out on DVD. I'm going to look into buying that.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Shadow Viking wrote:
Anyone here read/watch Game of Thrones?

I read the first 3 books, got halfway through the 4th and then kind of stopped. I need to read them again, (and finish this time) but the person I've been borrowing them from is moving to South Dakota soon. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Mm I'm partway through the third.

macleodman2 wrote:
No cable, but I think I'll read the books. Eventually I'll buy an epic Game of Thrones box set though. Actually. I think season 1 is out on DVD. I'm going to look into buying that.

Oh I just torrented it <-<;;
I definitely recommend the books and the show.

The show is sooo different though. I mean, adaptations are always different, but this seems like it differs a lot more than normal. Not always in a bad way, though. The casting is about a 60/40 split of amazing and not quite right, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:34 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Man, the freshmen get shorter every year.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 193 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 200  Next