Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 182 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm just going to show up at your barracks. Not enlisted or anything. I'm just going to hang out.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:21 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Biohazard wrote:
Man. Only 4 more days. (Well, 5, but it's 9pm so I'm going with 4). What're you guys gonna do without me for a couple months?

Party like it's 1999! ...Wait, did I just say that out loud? ;9 No, we'll miss you.

Anyways, in case anyone was wondering where I was all week....

My fiance and I have been doing some intensive house shopping. Unfortunately, it seemed like just about every time we went to look at a place, or just after we looked at it, it was under contract. Yesterday, however, we looked at a place we both liked that was in a good location and had an asking price that you couldn't beat with a stick! ($105,900 for a 3 Bedroom, 2 bathroom rancher built in 1990 on a 0.46 acre lot that is about 6 miles from town and about 4 miles from three different exits on the interstate), so I decided to place an offer right then and there. Now just have to see if they'll take it (I tried to make sure I made them an offer they could not refuse)....

In addition, Rebekah and I got our bridal registry set up at Bed Bath & Beyond, you know, in case any of you wanted to buy us anything. ;9 :o&

I also FINALLY got around to placing my first Brickforge order in 6 months this past Tuesday... I decided to try out some of the new visors with Samurai X's helmet, and I also got some more black Muskets, some of the Allegemeine Black officer hats, some Outland Rippers (my Uruk-hai should look even MORE intimidating waving those things around while riding to battle on their souped-up bikes and giant spiders) as well as a couple of pump-action shotguns.

Also, I wanted to reply to this comment made by Sentinal133, but was too darn busy until now:

Quote:
I suppose I should try to explain my idea. What I'm working on is what would be a transimission where, instead of the rediculous shifte rwe have now with all the different directions, you would just have a shifter that moves in a straight line. I'm also looking at this diagram, and it doesn't make sense to me because I can't tell which is the drive shaft.

Sentinal, what you're looking for sounds pretty much like a sequential manual transmission, which is the primary type of transmission used in Motorcycles and ATV's, as well as certain high-end race cars (i.e. Formula One and Indy Car): Basically, you just have a lever that you pus forward on to shift UP and pull back on to shift DOWN, but you have to shift in sequence (the only way to skip from 4th down to second would be to keep the clutch in and pull back twice).

I was actually entertaining the idea of building a small, two-seat car that was powered by a motorcycle engine, with the original transmission, although it would instead have a stick-type hand lever shifter instead of a foot shifter and a clutch pedal instead of a hand clutch... If I ever get the time and money, I might just make such a thing: One nice thing about sequential shifters is that you can't accidentally drop it into the wrong slot and grind your gears or over rev your engine (like I've been known to do on occasion with my car).

Oh, and finally:

macleodman2 wrote:
I'm just going to show up at your barracks. Not enlisted or anything. I'm just going to hang out.

Ha! I could potentially do that for real: I have an Army (civilian) ID card because, well, I work for the Army. |D

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:54 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Got my gaming mouse today, I love it, but unfortunately everyone else is busy, so there's no one to play with.

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
My fiance and I have been doing some intensive house shopping. Unfortunately, it seemed like just about every time we went to look at a place, or just after we looked at it, it was under contract.

That's like the housing situation here. My friends and I would look at a place, then by the next day, before the owners would reply to us, it was off the market.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

@Housing: that's quite the contrary of how it is around here. From my home to the end of a nearby village (about 3 KM where only ca. 1/4 is really populated), I've counted 19 houses for sale.

These times, my days all go sort of like this: wake up, be tired, play AOE II multiplayer with some guys in class, go home to work on my garden, sit in a tree drinking soda and watching players and other funny animals at the golf course, do something on the PC. They might as well give us the so-called studying vacation now (it's in a week anyway).

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So me and a couple friends have an idea on something I want to do when I get back:
Me and one friend will walk around in black suits and sunglasses. Third friend looks like a regular guy, not affiliated with us at all. Me and friend #1 walk around, find a crowded spot, then make a pun. "Hey, did you hear about Robin Gibbs?" "Yeah... I guess he had trouble..." *Sunglasses* "STAYIN ALIVE."
Friend #2 walks by and yells "YEEEAAAHHH!"

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@ Housing: Well that's because where we're looking it's a college town, and the parents are willing to pay big $$$ to set their kids up. So it's expensive, competitive, and fast.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'll miss ya, too, CB. You were one of the first people on here I befriended.

@Hikaro: You have a new mattress and some mahogany shelves coming to you courtesy of your pal Napo.

;9

Sorry I haven't been on much, guys! I'm still slaving away on my American King story. It has about 70,000 views now. Me and about ten other guys are even making a wiki for it. Fun times. :D

I'm almost done reading Great War: American Front, by Harry Turtledove. This guy is a genius. The level of nerdity in this book is glorious.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:26 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

So I was unable to get my license because apparently I owe $1000 to reinstate, as opposed to the $500 that I was told to pay.

Don't drink and drive. :/

Cuz then you will be screwed by the RMV forever.

-Omi

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo: I wondered what happened to you.

@Bio: You will be missed, especially from those of us who've been here a while :o)

Finally got the Portal 2 Space Core downloaded into my PC Skyrim game ... hilarious!!

Personal Note: in Cali visiting oldest daught and family for the weekend!!
woohoo

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Omi: Was it your first offense? At least you didn't pass out at the wheel, plow into someones garage, flee the scene, and then get sued for $40,000.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 182 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 200  Next