It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 92 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: El 47th meaningless thread de Brickforge
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The Slayer Of Light wrote:
Ahh... Ancient civilizations. SV, does that mean civilizations in the Foundations Period? Or does it also include the Classical and Post-Classical Periods as well?

If the first, I loved learning about Mesopotamia. Babylon, Sumer, and Assyria in one coutnry makes for a diverse, interesting history. :9

It actually started with Mesopotamia and ended just tonight with the end of the real medieval period around the Renaissance. It covered pretty much everything between to some degree, but the main focus was Mesopotamia & Egypt and then especially Greece & Rome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Ever watch those old sword and sandal movies? They're fun, if wildly inaccurate. I don't even have to mention Ben Hur and Fall of the Roman Empire. FotRE was epic. It took half my day to watch it, and like two dvd's, but it was good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Sorry about randomly logging out Mac. For some reason my internet gave out and it won't let me reconnect right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I greatly enjoyed Ben Hur aside from the tacked-on, out of place, deus-ex-machina, miracle goulash at the end (I was ok with most of the religious references... like jesus in the slave line terrifying the roman soldier just by looking at him, but from a narrative standpoint, everything after the race was pretty much terrible and seems like it was written and added after the rest...). Jason and the Argonauts was pretty great too. Clash of the Titans... entertaining, but pretty bad (though Harry Hamlin was rad as Perseus). IMO Harryhausen did much better on Jason. I actually really enjoyed the new Clash of the Titans for the most part; more than the original.
And of course the God of War game series is pretty much a brutal, bloody, cynical sword 'n' sandal tragedy trilogy. God of War II actually has an appearance of Perseus, modeled after and voiced by Harry Hamlin from the original Clash of the Titans. :D

All that said, would love to see more accurate greek & roman films...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Speaking of the God of War series of games, I almost bought a Playstation 3 just for that game and Little Big Planet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/12/guid ... ng-part-1/

:)

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
I greatly enjoyed Ben Hur aside from the tacked-on, out of place, deus-ex-machina, miracle goulash at the end (I was ok with most of the religious references... like jesus in the slave line terrifying the roman soldier just by looking at him, but from a narrative standpoint, everything after the race was pretty much terrible and seems like it was written and added after the rest...). Jason and the Argonauts was pretty great too. Clash of the Titans... entertaining, but pretty bad (though Harry Hamlin was rad as Perseus). IMO Harryhausen did much better on Jason. I actually really enjoyed the new Clash of the Titans for the most part; more than the original.
And of course the God of War game series is pretty much a brutal, bloody, cynical sword 'n' sandal tragedy trilogy. God of War II actually has an appearance of Perseus, modeled after and voiced by Harry Hamlin from the original Clash of the Titans. :D

All that said, would love to see more accurate greek & roman films...

I love the chariot race itself, but its writing could've been better.

I love Jason and the Argonauts! Have it on DVD. Despite the hokiness of some of it, it was enjoyable.

Machetero wrote:
Speaking of the God of War series of games, I almost bought a Playstation 3 just for that game and Little Big Planet.

PS3's are sooooooo much better than 360, IMO. Even the controllers. The graphics seem superior to me, too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:14 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:

I approve. Though I've never played LBP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:15 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Bio: That's what I figured. I just went and played regular multiplayer for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
Machetero wrote:
PS3's are sooooooo much better than 360, IMO. Even the controllers. The graphics seem superior to me, too.
Eh, that may or may not be true, but I've had my 360 for quite some time now and it has served me well. And aside from the above mentioned games, there is nothing exclusive to the PS3 that interests me. Why spend the cash when I can put it to far more interesting hobbies?
Shadow Viking wrote:
Machetero wrote:

I approve. Though I've never played LBP.
It is quite tempting, but see above.
Omicron wrote:
http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/12/guide-to-lego-customizing-part-1/

:)

-Omi
I think I like this version better than the one on Flickr. More reference picures, less me having to click links.:9 But I have read through it all and it started to give me ideas, as evidenced by my posts a few nights ago about using Brasso.

Last edited by Machetero on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 92 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next