Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 7 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: El 47th meaningless thread de Brickforge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:46 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

So does anyone know what you do with the dragon claws in Skyrim after you complete their dungeon?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

S133: Keep them, there are only 3 or 4 in the game they may be usable for more than one door.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I feel better today. Last night sucked though. Couldn't get to sleep for a long time. I have to find a distraction today though.

Quote:
Try to focus on something positive that's happened in the day, and think about it a lot.

That's actually what my paragraph was about. I can't do it. For some reason when I think of a happy memory I don't get any of the emotions that accompanied it. Not if a little dumbed down version of happiness. That's one reason why I have a hard time dragging myself out of depression. Luckily this seemed like a one night deal. They happen to me every once in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
That's actually what my paragraph was about. I can't do it. For some reason when I think of a happy memory I don't get any of the emotions that accompanied it. Not if a little dumbed down version of happiness. That's one reason why I have a hard time dragging myself out of depression. Luckily this seemed like a one night deal. They happen to me every once in awhile.

I think a few of us can relate to this. I go through periods where I have self doubt, then comes along the feeling of hopelessness, followed by anger. Sometimes for no real big reason. When they all hit at once, it feels like everything is just out of control. Sometimes looking at the good things you have doesn't help. I really can't tell you what can be done about it except that I have gone through it and each time, I come out alive. Take the positive and give back positive. To Hell with the negative. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
Sometimes looking at the good things you have doesn't help.

I have this feeling a lot when I get upset...then I get more upset cause I feel guilty about not feeling good about what I have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

So I was declined in my loan application because I have insufficient credit history (i.e no credit at all), so I am kinda miffed.

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Quickblade wrote:
Sometimes looking at the good things you have doesn't help.

I have this feeling a lot when I get upset...then I get more upset cause I feel guilty about not feeling good about what I have.

Yea, I know that feeling all to well. Lots of negative things have happened in my life, but in some aspects I have way more than anyone could want or deserve.

Quote:
So I was declined in my loan application because I have insufficient credit history (i.e no credit at all), so I am kinda miffed.

Isn't that crap? You have to put yourself in debt in order to establish credit and then hope you can get yourself out of it. They have no problem throwing out 20k to a college student who has no credit.

Side note - My boss put a computer in my office at work now, so I will be able to check the forums now :P. The main reason was so I can access a few things that he did. I guess it's not all bad. A little more responsibility and the trade off is I can use the internet in my office.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:35 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Thanks guys. It really does help to know I'm not alone. It sounds cheesy, but it's true. Isn't the human brain weird? I really would like to know the exact scientific reason for emotions. Once again I wrote a big paragraph and had to back track. Don't want to start an argument about evolution again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Omicron wrote:

-Omi

Yeah, same thing happened to me when I applied for a pre-approval on a mortgage for a house... Apparently Taking out a $12,000 car loan and paying it off on schedule didn't count for squat...

So, I'm taking a third option, namely buying land (which you can easily find for under $30K around here), which I can put AT LEAST 20% cash down on (I've never heard of a bank denying any kind of loan to someone who could put at least 20% down on it, and I could go up to 33.33% without putting myself under too much financial strain), then using the credit history I built up/land itself as collateral to take out a construction loan to get the house built (there's at least one local pre-fab housing company that has a nice, two-section 3-bedroom ranch style for under $60K)....

Still, like I said to my bank's loan officer, "What you're telling me is that it would be better if I had a mountain of credit card debt and was just making the minimum payments than taking out one loan and paying it off completely and on time.... Gee, isn't that the same kind financial dumb-@$$ery that got us into the current economic mess in the first place?"

...Needless to say he didn't have anything to say to that! ;D

BTW, what did you think of my Final Fantasy Leader graphics? X)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:55 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
BTW, what did you think of my Final Fantasy Leader graphics? X)

Where'd you post them? O_o
Quote:
Isn't that crap? You have to put yourself in debt in order to establish credit and then hope you can get yourself out of it. They have no problem throwing out 20k to a college student who has no credit.

I know right? And I told them I don't need the entire loan (it's $1500, but I jut need 500 of it).

Just pisses me off. I don't even want a credit card to establish credit just for this.

-Omi

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 7 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 100  Next