Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: El 47th meaningless thread de Brickforge
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I had just written a large paragraph about my depression. I decided it had no place on these forums. This should be a happy place. Sooooooo, I guess I'll be logging off for tonight. Later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:31 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: Many creative people have issues with different levels of depression, it's like a sleeping giant.
What writings or other ways of being creative have you not done lately ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:
This has less to do with Skyrim and more to do with severe period of depression I go through about every 3 months. On the surface I'm disappointed that I can't play Skyrim, but it really has to do with me being disappointed about how my life is playing out and that my mind won't allow me to imagine anything but sorrow in my future even though things somewhat normally for me. Ugh. I hate this. I have no reason to be depressed, but when things start to go well my brain decides it's time to smash my hopes and dreams.

Try to focus on something positive that's happened in the day, and think about it a lot. My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

macleodman2 wrote:
They basically did the same thing as Anniversary with Golden Eye. Updated the graphics but not much else. Except they replaced Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig. I guess they also completely changed the storyline from the original game which is also really annoying. That doesn't really matter though, because people really want it for the nostalgic multiplayer that now has online.

Yeah it's basically a completely new game. The Bond franchise is a little silly at times. There was also GoldenEye Rogue Agent which was an okay game in its own right but got a lot of flak because, with the name but no relation to the original Goldeneye, it looked like they just chose the name for attention (personally, I like the game, despite its flaws... it just isn't a remake in any way).

There's a Source mod called GoldenEye: Source that's basically the multiplayer aspect of GoldenEye 64 but with Half Life 2 era Source graphics and gameplay. But it's multiplayer only.

Of course you can also just play GE64 on an emulator as singleplayer only. No graphics change though.

macleodman2 wrote:
I had just written a large paragraph about my depression. I decided it had no place on these forums. This should be a happy place. Sooooooo, I guess I'll be logging off for tonight. Later.

Sorry to hear it man... I think you could talk about it here. I would have no problem with it, personally. :>

Night, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:

Sorry to hear it man... I think you could talk about it here. I would have no problem with it, personally. :>

Night, anyway.

Me neither. This thread is a happy place generally, but we also try to be your buddy, Mac. We wouldn't be your friends at all if we didn't listen to something as reasonable as that.

'Night, ShadowV.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Sorry for the crappy, probably inaccurate title.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

huntmaster wrote:
Sorry for the crappy, probably inaccurate title.

El 47º Tema Brickforge sin sentido. :9

Man, holy crap, I'll be done with 40 chapters of American King soon. 8o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:00 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Woo I have a manual transmission now! So fun :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well...now I'm feeling down after being abandoned by some "friends"...so It's my turn to leave.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Man, I'm sorry everyone's feeling so down....

I just recieved my Brick Link order yesterday (two extra Black Pearl boat hull sections and some other stuff), and have been working on elongating my Armored Cruiser project tonight... It seems to be coming along fairly well, but we'll see how long THAT lasts when my Pick A Brick order finally arrives (I have a feeling that I'm going to need to make several more revisions to the basic floor plan of the ship before it's all said and done, and that's just the HULL we're talking about.

In other news, here's a few pics that Omicron and Napoleon might find interesting:

First, I have a map of my epic playthrough of the Age of Imperialism scenario for Civilization III Conquests:

Boer Republics, 1915 by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

Yes, that is, in fact, me who managed to conquer over 50% of the Earth's landmass as the Boer Republics... The only thing that pretty much stopped me from finishing off Germany is the fact that I was getting tired of the 10-minute+ turn load times (When everybody, including you has at least 400 units, you need some serious processing power to keep track of it all). One guy on Civilization Fanatics center, who was following the AAR/story I was writing up on the campaign described my Boer Federal Republic as looking like a "Nice version of Drakia"...

And just for Omicron, a pic of all the faction leaders from the Final Fantasy Mod (which is not quite finished, but I'm hoping to more or less finalize it early next year):

Final Fantasy Mod Faction Leaders by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

Let's see how many you guys can identify.... HINT: The leaders are presented in more or less game order (Final Fantasy I - Final Fantasy XII) starting from the top right, with the Gaiden Game characters (Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Advanced and Crystal Chronicles) last. Oh, and all but 6 of them were made and animated by yours truly, using Poser 5.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 100   [ 991 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 100  Next