Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Yea, I nearly fell asleep listening to Yellow Submarine once. :9
Now this is more my style: Viva la Vida- Coldplay

Post subject: Re: The Music Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I'm not sure what to say except "people who actually know about music like the beatles as much as many who don't", which probably wouldn't go over too well and isn't my style anyway. But they did far more than you're willing to believe, and guitar skill is a far more faceted creature than you're willing to accept.

Seriously listen to the White Album.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Yeah, Metallica WILL be remembered. Definitely. They're classic. While they're not my favorite, they are good at what they do.

August Burns Red and A7X? No.

The main thing? Without the Beatles, there would be no Metallica or DP. The Beatles were the inventors of rock, and that's a main reason why I like them.

Hah...haha...hah. Yeah, they'd still be there. The Beatles are not the inventors of Rock. At all. Rock was invented in the 50's, dude. Elvis?

Are you saying ABR and A7X won't be remembered, or they're not good at what they do? Because if you're saying they're not good at what they do...

Synster Gates (Lead guitarist) alone absolutely shatters the Beatles. The Rev (Drummer) annihilated them. Johnny Christ (Bassist) owns 'em. Zacky V (Rhythm guitar) dominates them. The Beatles couldn't play an A7X song if they tried. It'd be too fast for them. Same deal with ABR: Too fast and complicated. Listen to "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold, or "Blinded in Chains" and try to tell me the Beatles could play it. We're not going to go into vocals because that is an original thing.

You can't really say these bands don't have skill. I don't care if you like them or not.

Elvis wasn't rock. Rock n' Roll is different than rock. Hound dog has practically nothing to do with School's out for Summer. ;) The Beatles shocked everyone in the 60's, even leading to protest by everyone from Elvis fans to preachers. It was a new style.

ABR and A7X aren't bad. Really. I just don't think they're well-known, and most people I know don't like headbang.

Baylego wrote:
Yea, I nearly fell asleep listening to Yellow Submarine once. :9
Now this is more my style: Viva la Vida- Coldplay

I like the Soviet version of YS a little better; they have hordes of dancing Russian sailors and guys wearing Red Army uniforms doing Russian Cossack kneel-dancing. :9

Coldplay is like my second favorite band. I actually made a music vid for Viva la Vida and Violet Hill. Another one with a unique style and puzzling lyrics that make it fun to figure out what the message is. :) Plus, they just sound cool.

Quote:
Looking at so many famous rock and metal bands, they list bands like Led Zeppelin as their inspiration, but not the Beatles.

Where did Led Zeppelin get their inspiration?

I'm gonna get into Torrent. Do what you please, WYW.

I was kidding when I said "Rocked hard." Come on, guys. :9 They're the Beatles! It was the 60's, for pete's sake. ;) Examine their music from the point of puritanical 60's fathers. They said it was like barbarian guitar bashing. Perspective, mates.

Quote:
But they did far more than you're willing to believe, and guitar skill is a far more faceted creature than you're willing to accept.

Now that's an awesome reply, SV. I really like guys who can play guitar in more than just one way. *thumbs up* That's exactly why I don't listen to the Beatles all the time. I like Dropkick Murphys as much as the next guy.

Biohazard wrote:
Shadow Viking wrote:
Metallica drove the spike into Napster's beating heart and fortified the RIAA's throne of skulls.

Also speed isn't necessarily skill either.

It was a decaying black heart. And a Throne of Skulls sounds pretty awesome to me. :9

But to play speed efficiently and make it sound like something besides random noise, that's some skill.

I didn't say they enlightened my cruel, Imperial, Prussian army-destroying heart to hard rock, but they're not the worst. I much prefer Red Hot Chili Pipers over Metallica, but as things stand, Metallica is excellent if you like that genre.

Please, guys, let's keep this friendly. So far, this has been an excellent conversation about music; let's keep it that way. I don't have to use my almighty Imperial Francais power to force CB to listen to the Beatles to be happy. :9 In fact, I couldn't care less. This is just for fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:32 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon, I highly suggest you refrain from minimodding. You are on shaky ground as it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon, I highly suggest you refrain from minimodding. You are on shaky ground as it is.

Minimodding? I was just trying to make sure people knew I didn't want to argue. :?

Why am I on shaky ground? Sorry, but I just don't understand. I like everyone here... You and I have different political opinions, sure, but I'm not going to hold that against you or anyone else on BF and I try to never bring it up since our Communism disc. a year ago...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Eh, screw it, I give up. I'm tired of it. Who cares.

Xzibit - X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 am 
Firebrand
Firebrand

No Line on the Horizon - U2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Styles of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Livin' On A Prayer ~ Bon Jovi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:02 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

One Shot - Newsboys

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 119   [ 1186 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 119  Next