Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 42 of 58   [ 580 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 54: Dynasties are for overthrowing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:18 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

HUZZAH! I've managed to finish up finals week, and with the wonders of online gradebooks, I know that I got straight As for the Semester. Guess that means I have some more free time now. :)

Yesterday we got some Colorado licensee plates for my new car. When my grandpa died, he left me his '97 Lincoln Town Car, it works quite well and has a nice interior,my folks like to call it a couch on wheels, though.

@Mac: It was indeed me who mentioned Gunbuster. Probably my favorite Super robot. Although the background for the OAV was full of pro-Japanese jingoism, particularly against the USA, mostly because of the time it was from. It doesn't really creep into the story, more of an interesting side note than anything else.

When you mentioned money and illusions, as true and important as that is, the first thing I though of was this panel from the first chapter of Yu-Gi-Oh
Attachment:
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png [ 199.53 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

@MC: That looks like the Elder Scrolls, and I know it has to be because of the Kahjit. Are you playing ToS online?

As to driving a long way to shop, I know that feel. 229 miles one way from Crested Butte to Denver. We have to go their on occasion to pick up people from the air port or other such things, but almost every single person in our town has Amazon Prime, so we probably don't make the trip as often as you. Stuff like printer cartrdges, car parts, even diapers and toilet paper tends to get ordered online.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@SMarine: Yes, I'm playing the ESO (Elder Scrolls Online).
They've done a great job of making an MMO-ish TES game. They tried to keep the mix well balanced. I think they did great. And of course, it's gorgeous. I'm enjoying the random mixing with gamers for the Cold Harbor Anchor battles, and the heavy bosses ... being able to not have to take them alone.

Travel to shop: I needed to buy crickets for my African Fat-tail Gecko, those do Not arrive live no matter how they are shipped, because we are too far out to get anything overnight - or in 2 nights. Thus why I had to travel.

Congrats on finals, and cool about the car.

edit:
** waves hi to everyone **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:37 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Sounds fun. I'd probably try it, but our modem craps out every 15 minutes or so. No online gaming for SM.

I found this little drawing I did last semester, and my skill level remains about there. I'm a bit better with proportions, but the hands still get me. And mouths:
ImageMs Marvel by SPACE MARINE97, on Flickr

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:55 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Well, drawing on any media takes continual practice ...
Looks good!

My online gaming will end soon ... the trees are all leafed out and I'm noticing a greater lag, far more often. I just hope that somehow I can still be in the Destiny beta :{

edit: did my first 'timed sketch' ... 30 minutes, on paper - I was able to sketch a complete minfig. Did one on my tablet ... barely got the head done.

edit's edit:
I'll never get used to the halls of the forge during the quiet times ...
I'm almost finished doing a final edit for my daught's next book release. Her deadline is this weekend. 2 chapters left, and the only a handful of corrections to be applied!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:02 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Youtube is the worst place to try to defend people who are being bullied. If you stand up and say "You have no right to treat this person like this" You get dragged into something that will never end all because you're the nice guy. I swear though this would never happen in real life, because I have a hammer that's perfectly weighted for throwing like a bowieknife... Who am I kidding. It's abusing my compassionate nature. I'm literally trying to defend certain people from the kind of words that make people go insane and commit suicide. Screw you youtube. I can see who's side you're on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:45 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

WrenVIXN wrote:
Youtube is the worst place to try to defend people who are being bullied. If you stand up and say "You have no right to treat this person like this" You get dragged into something that will never end all because you're the nice guy. I swear though this would never happen in real life, because I have a hammer that's perfectly weighted for throwing like a bowieknife... Who am I kidding. It's abusing my compassionate nature. I'm literally trying to defend certain people from the kind of words that make people go insane and commit suicide. Screw you youtube. I can see who's side you're on.

Sadly, more truth there than not ... picking on what they consider weak, to make themselves feel strong. Your best bet, is to give wise counsel and encourage those that needed it - and help them to learn to 'mute' the stupid people from their thoughts and decisions. We can't get away from the 'stupid people', but we can learn to work around them.

edit:
I'm finally free to do some Lego planning and designing! Yes!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:42 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well, I'm back from a Rotary Youth Leadership Awards camp. That was a pretty fun experience, I must say. For the straight up fun factor, getting to 'fly' on the high ropes was pretty awesome. The camp was very helpful in improving my ability to share ideas with a group, so that's a plus.

Yeah, Youtube can be kinda cesspool sometimes, but you really have to feel sorry for some of those people, if they do it constantly for years on end, like that guy on the official video for 'What Faith Can Do'. It's pretty sad to think that there are folks out there who feel they've got nothing better to do with their lives than spout hate on comment sections. A lot of the time, it seems like its our ability to be civil that's gone and 'dun goofed'.

Well, I've got some new mecha from last week to post once I get the chance, I'm very happy with how bulked out the Sazabi and Rick-Dom-esque command model I built is. The other one's an artillery piece that I'm quite partial to except the thighs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@SMarine: Glad your camp went well.
Oooo can't wait to see the mechs!

I'm a bit disappointed. I went to create a 'mini' vig in the LDD, and I cannot find plants. Is that for real, are there no bushes or flower stems in there? I need them.
Oh well. I may have to do a micro ... for the sake of not finding what i need ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:32 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Plants. 24th partbin, third column eighth row. The one with the circular-sign-on-a-pole piece on it. This is all assuming you're using LDD 4.3.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:48 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

WrenVIXN wrote:
Plants. 24th partbin, third column eighth row. The one with the circular-sign-on-a-pole piece on it. This is all assuming you're using LDD 4.3.

Perfect, thanks! I was in a hurry so I must've skipped over where the plants were in the section. I found them!!
Sweet!!

edit: Thanks WrenV, I was able to complete my blueprint:

Destiny's Black Garden (mini)

Once I gain all the pieces I need, I will post it in my art thread.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 42 of 58   [ 580 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 58  Next