Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: New to forum
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

My name is Bo. I am a recent AFOL. I enjoy playing LEGO with my kids, and trying new MOC. My favorite themes are City and Space, and combining them in interesting ways. I like apocalyptic settings in literature, television/movies, and LEGO. I am registering with this forum to get ideas and opportunities on the occasional exclusive offers promised when I made my first BrickForge order.

I placed an order sampling a variety of BrickForge offerings. I'll likely post a critical review when I am through evaluating them; and if the elements meet my needs I will likely duplicate the order several times or try different elements. I am looking forward especially to the vambraces and powered assault armor.

Thanks for the forum. I anticipate some lively interaction and hopefully some inspiration.

Post subject: Re: New to forum
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Welcome to the forums. The forums exclusive are very rare, in fact so rare, I don't think there has been one in 2 years. Business has changed in that time which might be a main reason for that. Fear not though, if you are new to BrickForge items, you'll absolutely love the products. Before I took the leap into buying customized items, I was skeptical about how well they'd work with my existing LEGO. The products go above and beyond my expectations and the 2 items you mentioned are especially awesome. Take a look around and don't be afraid to ask questions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Well, my sci fi PMC is up to ten guys (more like two fire teams than a whole corporation). I have them decked out with dark gray TLG samurai armor now; but it's getting harder to find and expensive. BrickForge armor is readily available (at least when it's in stock). If it works out, I'll get a set for each shooter on the team.

I'm setting them up for an alien apocalypse story I am working on, something like X-Files meets the original V series with a healthy dash of Mars Attacks. That is, just a bit of camp, but not too much.

If I can get the guys set up right, and the story worked out, I'll work on making some vignettes.

That stinks about the exclusive offers- feels a bit like a bait and switch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Welcome to the BF forums!

Be sure to share some of the things you do with your stories and minfigs.
I got into Legos with my kids, and have grown to love customizing and creating unique vig & moc.

About the special offers, as QuickBlade has said it was more from a previous time. I suppose that if people feel that way perhaps we should change how it looks. It is not intended to draw folks in and then leave them hanging.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Welcome, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]