Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 am


Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1872
Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:
Also as I have said before I'd rather spend $20 buying BrickForge items that I can use to customize several minifigs then to buy 1 custom minifig.

The minifig is technically Brickforge. :P

-Omi


well if that was the case then the cost of making the minifig would drastically reduce, common sense would say lower the price, but this is my opinion and I'd rather buy 20 BrickForge Greek shields then 1 minifig.

_________________
my bricklink store
BrickTW forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 597
Asterios wrote:
Also as I have said before I'd rather spend $20 buying BrickForge items that I can use to customize several minifigs then to buy 1 custom minifig.


Believe it or not, this review was not written for you alone, and neither did i make the figures to appease you personally. You stated that they were too pricey for you, fine. I know that these figures are not for everyone, that is why there are so few of each made. However, that fact alone makes them collectible, along with all the other points Armothe made, which will cost a little more. Then you had to go and keep pushing your point of view into this conversation and assuming how many I have sold, so now i am forced to reply:

If you can make figures for 25% of the price i do, go ahead. You will not be making a "tidy profit" as you threw out there with no thought, and I guarantee that, and they will not be the same quality I provide to my customers. More over, your opinion on the matter is just that, an opinion. Just because you believe it, does not make it true, and repeating it lounder and slower isn't going to change anything. You have no idea who is or is not buying these figures, and as Armothe said, they will all be sold by August, and then they will not be sold again. So says the over 500 figures I sold last year buddy!

It is amazing that a $20 figure is such a hinderence to your wallet, but you throw around sponsoring a color like it is a magical thing. You do know how much it costs to do that, right?

Everyone is allowed their opinion, and I hear the comments about the price, and lowered my initial prices to help ease the cost to you, my loyal customers. I welcome all constructive criticism, however understand that I make professional quality figures, those do not come cheap.

The conversation better turn back to the review of the figures and not what Asterios would do if he ran CustomMiinifigs.com or I will lock this thread!

Shmails

_________________
Flickr

Life is short.....customize it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 4433
Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Awesome review Omicron. Awesome figs Shmails. Awesome job on the new color BrickForge. I love how joint ventures and success seem to be two sides of the same coin here. :)

_________________
"I might be a few bricks short of a wall, but they are Lego bricks. Watch where you step, because they hurt like a #*%$#" :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1872
shmails wrote:
The conversation better turn back to the review of the figures and not what Asterios would do if he ran CustomMiinifigs.com or I will lock this thread!

Shmails


then lock it since i'm not the only one, nor even the first one who said your prices are too pricey, face it were in a recession that is getting worse, in fact i'm unable to make my usual $50 weekly (or bi-weekly)brickforge order because I'm too busy trying to pay off my heating/ac unit, as I stated it is my opinion, not that of the world, and was only responding to others, and yes I can do the same minifigs just as good, but unlike you i'm not going to fool myself into thinking there is a market for that kind of thing right now.

but like you said, you've sold many minifigs before, so all the power to you.

if you sold over 500 minifigs last year you shouldn't have any problem selling them now, but its rather odd, you've only sold a few as it is, in fact some of the ones you call best sellers have not even sold one, so how are they best sellers?

_________________
my bricklink store
BrickTW forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 597
Asterios wrote:
shmails wrote:
The conversation better turn back to the review of the figures and not what Asterios would do if he ran CustomMiinifigs.com or I will lock this thread!

Shmails


then lock it since i'm not the only one, nor even the first one who said your prices are too pricey, face it were in a recession that is getting worse, in fact i'm unable to make my usual $50 weekly (or bi-weekly)brickforge order because I'm too busy trying to pay off my heating/ac unit, as I stated it is my opinion, not that of the world, and was only responding to others, and yes I can do the same minifigs just as good, but unlike you i'm not going to fool myself into thinking there is a market for that kind of thing right now.

but like you said, you've sold many minifigs before, so all the power to you.

if you sold over 500 minifigs last year you shouldn't have any problem selling them now, but its rather odd, you've only sold a few as it is, in fact some of the ones you call best sellers have not even sold one, so how are they best sellers?


Now you went and made it personal.....try losing your job, not being able to pay your mortgage, not being able to find a job, and trying to start a small business out of your house to keep your family under a roof! You are such a know it all, and you think everyone has to bow to your knowledge. You know nothing about my business, and thinking you can gleam your knowledge by counting figures on my website just confirms your delusional state. So forgive me if I do not cry for the loss of your $50 BF order, and I will make sure not to add you to the customminifgs.com mailing list. Thanks for your imput.

THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED!!!

_________________
Flickr

Life is short.....customize it!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net