It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: BF Galaxies Character: Sengbaat Kaal’lys - Alliance
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

BF Galaxies Character - Sengbaat Kaal’lys - Alliance

Main Character:
Name: Sengbaat Kaal’lys A.K.A. Kaal (OOC: Family name first)
Height: 16.2 Kuthal (Roughly 5’9”)
Weight: 9 Dreel (Roughly 153 lbs)
Race: Ixthum Set
Homeworld: Originally unknown planet in outer reaches of galaxy; Currently reside on Ixthula, a planet at edge of Alliance controlled space

...Gjkho ui8hy 79p0n h89hoi; 78y9........Encryption disabled.......

I’m told at a young age I was strong, agile, fast, and determined. In my 13th Hunt year my schooling began to include survival training and basic combat. I enjoyed those classes more than any other, and it quickly became apparent that I was a born Hunter. My mother, a doctor, was none too pleased by this. My father just laughed and said it must skip a generation. That didn’t help any. Mother had hoped that two doctors would give birth to a doctor, or perhaps a scholar. Really, anything other than a Hunter would have been better. But as I said, it’s what I was good at and what I enjoyed, and so I began my official training as a Hunter.

In my 18th Hunt year I completed the final part of my training and was inducted as a full Hunter. The Old Man assigned me to Dreks Squad. He claims it was only because they had an opening, but he gets this look in his eye that tells me there is more. I don't push him for more though; you don't get to his position easily. I do know this much, most other members of Dreks were promoted to it though some were sent there as "punishment".

Last edited by Machetero on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: BF Galaxies Character: Sengbaat Kaal’lys - Alliance
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:41 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Companion Character:

Name: Varroosh Teel’lok A.K.A. Lok
Height: 17.5 Kuthal (Roughly 6’5”)
Weight: 10.3 Dreel (Roughly 216 lbs)
Race: Ixthum Set
Homeworld: Originally unknown planet in outer reaches of galaxy; Currently reside on Ixthula, a planet at edge of Alliance controlled space

...B3nef OI9 nmas0........Encryption disabled......

When you become a Hunter and are assigned a team, they become your family. As in birth families, one becomes closer to certain members over others. Typically on Hunter Teams the Pelat, the Hunters with lighter armor who use small arms and bladed weapons, will bond and work with one another while the Kreth, those with heavier armor who typically use blasters or heavy Rippers and offer tactical support, stick together. Many believe that Pelat and Kreth can not become close, that they can not understand one another. Lok and I have proven that wrong. We work so well because we understand what the other can not do.

Lok was born of Hunters. It's what his family has done since the Ixthum Set arrived on this planet. He wanted to be a Pelat, but with his size it was more practical for him to become a Kreth. Because of this, he is far more agile than most Kreth. He has also developed remarkable bladed weapon skills, becoming just as deadly with his Ripper as with any blaster. That said, he'd still much rather shoot than hack.

They say that our teaming is the most efficient and successful in a generation. We don’t really care about that, it isn’t what's important. Survival, that is what matters.

Last edited by Machetero on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Homeworld: Ixthu’la

1 Planet with equatorial radius of 2,500 km
1 moon orbiting
Close enough to two stars, providing a twin sun effect

Sentient lifeforms: 3
Ixthum Set (Dominant, though not native): Bipedal; Various skin tones possible though typically black, tan, "peach", grey, and brown; Male average height is 6'3" and average weight is 190 lbs, Female average height is 5'6 and average weight is 135 lbs; Intelligence ranging from "average" to "highly intelligent"
Krit: Limited in number; Bipedal; Skin tones in shades of either green or orange; Average height of males and females 5'10" with average weight of 150 lbs; Highly intelligent and technologically advanced
Sendaal: Limited in number; Technically bipedal though often moved on all four limbs; Skin tones in shades of blue, red, and green; Average height of males and females 5'4" with an average weight of 130 lbs; Intelligence ranging from "limited" to "average"

Geography:
Middle third of planet consists of marshlands that turn into fertile hills that roll into steep rocky mountains. Remainder of planet consists of black sand wastes.

Climate:
Due to twin suns, high heat and humidity exist in the marshes during the day with more comfortable temperatures through the night. Though less humidity is found, the temperatures within the mountain ranges are similar to those in the marshlands. Temperatures in the wastelands are excessive, and due to the black sand heat radiates throughout the night.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, this is the trimmed down version. The original version was more a history on the Ixthum Set's arrival to the planet and how they became dominant. It may get posted when it is finished.

Last edited by Machetero on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:35 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Interesting background on both characters. I can't wait to see the minifig version of them and see how it compares to what I might have in my head. As for the planet info, I'd hoped someone would pick a binary star system within this sector. I can picture the planet in my head as having strange bands (similar to Jupiter) on it as viewed from space. I may be totally off in visualizing it, but at first impression, I picture the middle band being mostly green and colorful, with mountains on either side north and south forming a 2nd band that is grey or tan and then a 3rd band that is black.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
I may be totally off in visualizing it, but at first impression, I picture the middle band being mostly green and colorful, with mountains on either side north and south forming a 2nd band that is grey or tan and then a 3rd band that is black.
Thanks for the kind words QB! You've got the planet pretty dead on. The only thing off is that the mountain "band" would be darker grey with flecks of dark tan on the marsh side and flecks of black on the wastes side.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I love the encrypted messages, great idea!

Also, great backgrounds and good foundation for the furthering of the galaxies.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks mC! I figured the encrypted messages/log would be a bit different, and considering most of the books I read are told in some sort of first person narrative it's what I know best.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]