It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 4 - Secondary
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

BF GALAXIES Challenge Four: Attack of the Phantom Hope Strikes Revenge

Quote:
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Quote:
...Well, not really that long ago. It was closer to what we would consider 6 months. But somehow saying “A few months ago...” just doesn’t seem as ominous...
Quote:
...It was in a galaxy far, far away though...

Quote:
...We think...

“Roight then. ‘Ello gentlemen and welcome to Cid’s. I’m sure you lot are wonderin’ why I called you ‘ere when I’m closed. Well, my..um..’friend’ ‘ere “kindly requested” I pull togethah some roight fine lads to ‘elp ‘im with some business. One of you lot will be awarded the opportunity to be this chap’s business associate ‘ere on Ixthula. Seeing as ‘ere’s more ‘an one uh you, each is gonna ‘ave to give a short pitch-like as to why you deserve the job. I guess we’ll start with...um..you there “Fishy Joe”.

“My name isn’t...Whatever. It doesn’t matter. Thanks all the same for the “opportunity” by I’m not interested. You boys have fun playing this little game with Cid, I hope it all works out for you. I’ll see you around Cid.”

*shingk.....thllck*

“Oi! What’s wrong wit’ you! ‘At’s my floor! Ain’t no one else ‘ere but me which means I’m the one ‘ats gotta clean this mess up!”

The Dark Visitor just stood there, breathing heavily and staring at Cid. His weapon arm hung by his side, blood slowly dripping down the blade and onto the floor. Cid was trying his hardest not to shake. He had not meant to yell at the Visitor but his mouth just started going before his brain knew what was going on. By the time he realized what he was doing, it was too late. Now he just stood there, waiting for the cold metal of the Visitors weapon to bite into his flesh.

The bite never came. The Visitor folded his weapon back against his arm and looked slightly to his left. At that exact moment, two strange looking creatures appeared from out of the shadows and then stopped, just outside of the ring of light.

The Visitor looked back at Cid, and in a cold, harsh voice that was more of a growl than anything said “Here... Gift... They clean.”

With that the two Creatures moved quickly towards the body. One swooped down mid stride, picked “Fishy Joe’s” head off the ground, and continued heading for the backdoor. The other, in just as swift a motion, grabbed the shoulders of the body and began dragging/hauling it in the same direction as the first.

Cid just stood there for a moment, uncertain of what had just occured or what to do next. As his mostly silent guest took his seat once more, Cid decided it would be best, for him at least, if he just continue on.

He turned back to the other two “gentlemen” in his bar. “Uh...Roight...So...I guess it’s you lot to make your case, yeah?”

No sooner were the words out of Cid’s mouth than the Ba’toi had turned to the lone human in the bar and grabbed him by the back of the head. The Ba’toi overpowered the human quickly and slammed his head into the bar a number of times. As he began to slow his “drumming”, a harsh, throaty chuckle could be heard from the back of the bar, near the door.

“Guess you’ll be ‘is contact ‘ere on Ixthula. Take a seat, we got some business to go over.”

OnlineProfile  

Post subject: Re: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 4 - Secondary
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

great pics and story ... I bet there's a lot of days Cid isn't sure if he wants his job. :o)
Also, love the quotes at the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Cool story :). I saw these photos from the link in the other post first, so I was unsure as to what was happening in the last pic. Was a cool realization to find out what happened. Love the yellow blood from the alien getting hacked. The effect looks wicked.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks to you both! As I've said before, I'm definitely trying for a cohesive story through all the challenges. There's bits and pieces that all fit together or explain something from before.

@mC: Cid doesn't really mind his job. It's the clientel and the messes they make he has troubles with. Like some other characters I've mentioned but haven't made "official" introductions for, we'll probably see him again but not much. Hooray terciary characters!
As for the quotes... I wrote a lot of this while up late at night, bored. It made me chuckle and I decided to keep it in.

@Qb:Yeah, the pictures alone somewhat tell the story but looking back there is definitely a scene missing between the last and second to last.
As for the blood effect...When I first got those BF splat pieces I noticed all sorts of ways they can connect to a minifig. I ment to do a little pictorial/review of it but never did.

OnlineProfile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]